Ebay eliminating negative feedback option for sellers.

Old February 7th 08, 11:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
kayak144

Default Ebay eliminating negative feedback option for sellers.

Ebay is going to eliminate the negative feedback option for sellers,
they will no longer be able to leave a negative for a buyer. I think
it's a dumb idea but they say it will eliminate retalitory (sp?)
feedback from sellers who recieved a negative from the buyer.

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/s...eller_feedback
Old February 7th 08, 03:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 03:48:19 -0800 (PST), kayak144
wrote:

Ebay is going to eliminate the negative feedback option for sellers,
they will no longer be able to leave a negative for a buyer. I think
it's a dumb idea but they say it will eliminate retalitory (sp?)
feedback from sellers who recieved a negative from the buyer. snip

Charlie Nudo's behavior is but a small example of how that got abused.
Flakes like him would use retaliatory feedback to "punish" buyers who
wouldn't go along with their frauds and scams.

There's enough blame on both sides of eBay to qualify the whole
venture as being more trouble than its worth. If you have a good
business with good customers, fine. But the old "dumpster diver/get
rich quick" clowns have caused 70% of eBay's problems, with Chinese
knock-off artists being another good sized chunk. But, fortunately,
clowns like Noodles are becoming a thing of the past.

I agree, though, that it does deprive an honest seller of a tool to
warn others about a scammer buyer. If you look at the history of eBay
since it went public, they spent much time and effort creating
disadvantages for the buyer against fraudstering sellers. Now,
they're just punishing honest sellers against fraudstering buyers!

I think eBay's just about done, anyway. Meg Whitman took the money
and ran, their sales are in the toilet and the whole thing seems
adrift.
Old February 7th 08, 05:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

On Feb 7, 6:48*am, kayak144 wrote:
Ebay is going to eliminate the negative feedback option for sellers,
they will no longer be able to leave a negative for a buyer. I think
it's a dumb idea but they say it will eliminate retalitory (sp?)
feedback from sellers who recieved a negative from the buyer.

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/s...s_negative_sel...

it's an attempt by Ebay to give their online marketplace a shot in the
arm- it's been a steady downhill slide since 2000 for their auction
listings/sales- and in the first 3 quarters of 2007, it actually
stagnated and people stopped listing- because the vintage stuff just
wasn't selling anymore

an ebay seller knows when the economy is taking a dump, because the
first thing people stop buying, is hobby/collectible/vintage items

another thing Ebay did, was reduce listing fees by a measely 5-10
cents, but then charge more if the item sells. For instance, listing
fee if it doesn't sell, saves you a nickel- but if it sells for
opening bid of $25, you owe $2.50

whereas the old pricing schedule, you'd only owe $1.50 on that same
sale

reason: Amazon came online and took away a good chunk of Ebay's new
product sales- and the aforementioned economy dip due to energy
prices, and housing/mortgage dilemma, killed the vintage market

not the best of times for Ebay- fortunately for me, it's only a side
hobby !
Old February 7th 08, 07:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:03:50 -0800 (PST), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

it's an attempt by Ebay to give their online marketplace a shot in the
arm- snip

No, dickhead, it's a failing attempt to make things right after years
of aiding and abetting criminal sellers like you.

an ebay seller knows when the economy is taking a dump snip

....yes, the FOURTH Bush Recession, this one slated to be the worst of
'em all.

another thing Ebay did, was reduce listing fees by a measely 5-10
cents, but then charge more if the item sells. For instance, listing
fee if it doesn't sell, saves you a nickel- but if it sells for
opening bid of $25, you owe $2.50 snip

Gee, that means you won't go bankrupt for listing all those "NO BIDS"
auctions, huh, Noodles?

Never buy anything from this fraudster. See more at:

http://nudowatch.blogspot.com

....or simply Google "Charlie Nudo" and be amazed!
Old February 7th 08, 11:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

I think eBay's just about done, anyway. Meg Whitman took the money
and ran, their sales are in the toilet and the whole thing seems
adrift.

They certainly haven't dropped their fee structure any.
Apparently your analysis is still outside their line of vision. I got out of
eBay sales when:
1) The Canadian loonie hit the .80 US level.
2) Someone managed to infiltrate eBay and had me down as the seller of
hundreds of mostly old used cell phones. Some junkers listed as having been
sold for thousands of dollars.
3) I tired of packing up crap and taking it to the PO. Which was worth it
early on when the loonie sat at .55 and you could unload items before other
sellers stumbled on their salability and flooded the market.
Haven't bought anything for years. The last being a sweet deal on
NOS side marker lights for the Fiero. In my sales and purchases I had but
two ill-fated events. A Byrds LP sold as excellent that looked like it had
been lying on a busy thoroughfare several days, and a carb rebuild kit I
sold to someone who apparently was a clueless hillbilly or on crystal meth.
Or both.

Old February 8th 08, 12:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 23:54:34 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

I think eBay's just about done, anyway. Meg Whitman took the money
and ran, their sales are in the toilet and the whole thing seems
adrift.

They certainly haven't dropped their fee structure any.
Apparently your analysis is still outside their line of vision. I got out of
eBay sales when:
1) The Canadian loonie hit the .80 US level. snip

Zounds! I'm RICH! I have a bag of loonies I forgot to change last
time I was up there, and then, a loonie was worth what...US64¢ or so?

Haven't bought anything for years. The last being a sweet deal on
NOS side marker lights for the Fiero. In my sales and purchases I had but
two ill-fated events. A Byrds LP sold as excellent that looked like it had
been lying on a busy thoroughfare several days, and a carb rebuild kit I
sold to someone who apparently was a clueless hillbilly or on crystal meth.
Or both. snip

That's about the only market left anymore. People like Noodles have
run off everyone else.

I tried sourcing some auto trans parts on eBay...ripoffs galore!
Learned my lesson quick and without cost that time.