louis XV

Old August 15th 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wobslolo [D*]

Default louis XV

Hi new to this and have a coin I bought recently. I have seen similar
coins on here but not the date I have. I have been told it is very rare.
Does anyone know anything about Louis XV 1729 (w) Thanks.

.-=( Sent from: http://www.delcampe.net/usenet_index.php?language=E )=-.

Old August 15th 07, 11:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Wobslolo [D*]" wrote in message
g.com...
Hi new to this and have a coin I bought recently. I have seen similar
coins on here but not the date I have. I have been told it is very rare.
Does anyone know anything about Louis XV 1729 (w) Thanks.

Louis XV was the great-grandson of Louis XIV and the grandfather of Louis
XVI. I'd need a picture of your coin and its diameter and composition
(silver/copper) to tell you anything more.

James

Old August 16th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wobslolo [D*]

Mr. Jaggers. I have scanned the coin but how do I send it to you? It is
Silver and is 2cm in diameter. Thanks for your help.

Colin

.-=( Sent from: http://www.delcampe.net/usenet_index.php?language=E )=-.

Old August 16th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Wobslolo [D*]" wrote in message
g.com...
Mr. Jaggers. I have scanned the coin but how do I send it to you? It is
Silver and is 2cm in diameter. Thanks for your help.

Post it to alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic if that newsgroup is available
to you. That way several people will be able to see it.

James

Old August 16th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wobslolo [D*]

Don't want to post. Can I e-mail it to you?

.-=( Sent from: http://www.delcampe.net/usenet_index.php?language=E )=-.

Old August 16th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Wobslolo [D*]" wrote in message
ng.com...
Don't want to post. Can I e-mail it to you?

Sure, no problem. lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com

Old August 17th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Wobslolo [D*]" wrote in message
ng.com...
Don't want to post. Can I e-mail it to you?

Got it!

Your coin appears to be a 12 sols (1/10 écu), minted in Lille, now a
smokestack city in northeastern France. It is KM-481.21, 2.948 grams, .917
silver, .0869 oz. ASW. The obverse legend says "Louis 15 by the grace of
God King of France and Navarre" and on the reverse, the legend says "May the
name of God be blessed." Catalog value is $6 in VG and $12 in Fine. Louis
15's great-great-great grandfather was the famous Henry of Navarre, a
Spanish protestant who turned Catholic in order to ascend to the throne of
Catholic France in 1589 and put a temporary end to France's internal
religious wars. "Paris is worth a mass," he said. Henry was also the
first, we believe, to have promised a "chicken in every pot" on Sundays, and
also was reputed to have been a minimal user of the Bastille. He issued the
Edict of Nantes, which gave religious freedom to the Protestant Huguenots.
Too bad that his many descendants named Louis, including #15, did not
preserve his spirit. Their bullheadedness would bring revolution 200 years
after Henry. In any event, Louis 15 came to the throne at age 5. He was
content to allow various clergy to run (or ruin) the country while he
pursued many a comely jeune fille, among which Madame de Pompadour. At the
time of his death he is reputed to have said, "After me, the deluge." At
least he was one of the rare monarchs who owned up to how badly he was
jacking over his country.

James

M.ST-LOUIS 33/100 ft Jean-Marie Béland Hockey 0 November 26th 06 09:17 PM
M.ST-LOUIS 33/100 ft Jean-Marie Béland Hockey 0 November 16th 06 03:21 PM
RIP - Louis Nye Gummby3 Autographs 0 October 11th 05 03:07 AM
FT 4 St Louis Rcs rickd3301 Hockey 0 April 27th 04 08:05 PM
Need St-Louis Beatlen Hockey 0 April 8th 04 10:50 AM