This made me laugh :-)

Old September 2nd 04, 03:30 AM
Mark Rossi

Default This made me laugh :-)

I work at a local Sam's Club. Today I had a member give me 4 Sacagawea
Golden Dollars as payment. Throughout the day I was able to get rid of one
and that member didn't even want the one I gave her. When I went to count
down my drawer, I placed the other 3 in my bag for the next day. The worker
in our Business Office told me not to leave them in my bag because "they"
don't like them in there. I wanted to ask who "they" were. She told me
that the Golden Dollars will just be going to the bank. Now we know one
reason why they won't or can't circulate.

--
Mark

Old September 2nd 04, 03:50 AM
PCameron

"Stujoe" wrote in message
t...

2. Customers...

Why did the sole acceptor not really want it?

Why couldn't you 'get rid of' the other three as change?

Too bad he couldn't just say to the customer "oh you don't want the GD? You
want $1 less than the change that you are entitled to? I guess I'll keep it
for myself. Thanks!" Of course I am sure that the original poster probably
wants to keep his job :-)

Old September 2nd 04, 03:56 AM
Mark Rossi

"Stujoe" wrote in message
t...
Mark Rossi spoke thusly...
I work at a local Sam's Club. Today I had a member give me 4 Sacagawea
Golden Dollars as payment. Throughout the day I was able to get rid of
one
and that member didn't even want the one I gave her. When I went to
count
down my drawer, I placed the other 3 in my bag for the next day. The
worker
in our Business Office told me not to leave them in my bag because "they"
don't like them in there. I wanted to ask who "they" were. She told me
that the Golden Dollars will just be going to the bank. Now we know one
reason why they won't or can't circulate.

Sounds like we know more than one reason.

1. They...

Did you find out who 'they' were?

No I never did, but I will on my next day I work with that person in the
Business Office. She probably was referring to the managers or the workers
that have been there the longest and know the ins and outs of the day to day
operation of that office.

2. Customers...

Why did the sole acceptor not really want it?

She just kind of looked at it and was like "Oh, a dollar coin." And I said
something like "Ever seen one before?" And she responded with "Yeah I have.
I don't really like them, but I'm not going to complain."

Why couldn't you 'get rid of' the other three as change?

I probably could have but didn't really want to have to hear any other
members complaining about receiving a Golden Dollar as change.

--
Stujoe
http://www.CoinPeople.com

http://UK.CoinPeople.com

Old September 2nd 04, 03:58 AM
Mark Rossi

"phil" wrote in message
Should have taken it back and given them a hundred pennies.
phil

Hehehe. That would have been funny, but I don't think I would have made it
through the rest of the night with the pennies I had left.

Mark

--
Today 50 families will find out their child has autism.
1 in 166 children have an autism spectrum disorder.

Old September 2nd 04, 04:09 AM
Mark Rossi

"phil" wrote in message
"You asked for singles!"

I would have been laughing so hard I would have had to close down my line
and walk around for a bit.

Mark

Old September 2nd 04, 04:33 AM
Mark Rossi

"phil" wrote in message
While looking at the 'help wanted' ads,I'm sure.

No, not necessarily. When it's not busy, like it wasn't when this happened,
I could have just closed down and went and done something else like put back
returns or fold clothes in the clothing area, etc. I'd have to do something
REALLY bad to get fired from that place.

Mark