Latest on Latest Sear

Old October 24th 03, 04:13 AM
Reid Goldsborough

Default Latest on Latest Sear

This is for ancient coin buffs. On the phone with David Sear today (I
love saying that) about a study I'm doing, I asked him about the
latest on his books. He said that he's hoping that the third volume of
Roman Coins and Their Values will appear in the fall of next year, but
he can make no promises. He'll take a break, then work on a revision
of Greek Coins and Their Values. He thinks it will be in two volumes,
like the previous edition but unlike the most recent Roman series. The
earliest he sees the first volume appearing is 2005, the second volume
2006. He said no promises about this as well.

--

Email me at (delete "remove this")

Coin Collecting: Consumer Guide:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old October 24th 03, 01:08 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
This is for ancient coin buffs. On the phone with David Sear today (I
love saying that) about a study I'm doing, I asked him about the
latest on his books. He said that he's hoping that the third volume of
Roman Coins and Their Values will appear in the fall of next year,

Snip

I have Volume II, it is a great book!
Need to break down and shell out the cash for Vol I though.

Dale

Old October 24th 03, 05:58 PM
The Fausts

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
This is for ancient coin buffs. On the phone with David Sear today (I
love saying that) about a study I'm doing, I asked him about the
latest on his books. He said that he's hoping that the third volume of
Roman Coins and Their Values will appear in the fall of next year,

Snip

I have Volume II, it is a great book!
Need to break down and shell out the cash for Vol I though.

Dale

Be careful when you go to buy. If I'm not mistaken, Sear reduced his prices
on these at some point, but there are still people trying to sell them based
on the outdated, higher prices. For example, Brooklyn Gallery, (one of my
favorite suppliers), is selling volumes one and two at "discounts" based on
retail prices of $95 and $140, when you can buy them directly from Sear for
$75 and $95, respectively.

Eric

Old October 24th 03, 07:15 PM
Dale Hallmark

"The Fausts" wrote in message
.com...

[...]

I bought from David Sear and got a nice autograph to :-)

Dale
I think it was $95.