Congress mandates use of "In God We Trust"

Old May 20th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.

Default Congress mandates use of "In God We Trust"

"Honus" . wrote in message

"Jim Higgins" wrote in message

Psalm 14:1

I -love- that verse. For everyone unfamiliar with the verse, it's the one
that claims that the fool hath said in his heart that there is no god.
It's
also the one that says those people are corrupt, do abominable works, and
never do good.

Here, let me look it up to be sure I have it right...ah, yes...here we go:

Psalm 14

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they
have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

It's a sobering thought...I'm an actual, living and undeniable refutation
of
Biblical literalism.

Jeepers - I hope you're not typing that on Sunday (it is Sunday here in
Sydney, now).

Exodus 35:2-3
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy
day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put
to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day."

--
Jeff R.

Old May 20th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Higgins

Jeff R. wrote:
"Honus" . wrote in message
[...]

No point in casting pearls.
Old May 20th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_2_]

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Honus" . wrote in message

It's a sobering thought...I'm an actual, living and undeniable

refutation
of
Biblical literalism.

Jeepers - I hope you're not typing that on Sunday (it is Sunday here in
Sydney, now).

Nope...it's still Saturday in Seattle.

Exodus 35:2-3
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy
day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be

put
to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath

day."

I'm too busy to be bothered with all of that right now. I'm busy trying to
sell my daughter into slavery on eBay.

Old May 20th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

"Honus" . wrote in message news:wnN3i.4398
I'm too busy to be bothered with all of that right now. I'm busy trying to
sell my daughter into slavery on eBay.

Just slavery, and not worse? Pity thee. ;}

Old May 20th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.

"Honus" . wrote in message

I'm too busy to be bothered with all of that right now. I'm busy trying to
sell my daughter into slavery on eBay.

Oooh ooh...

Item number please?
Will you ship to Australia?
Has she been graded? Slabbed?

On second thoughts, never mind "slabbed".

(ewwwww)

--
Jeff R.

Old May 20th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Sun, 20 May 2007 00:46:50 GMT, "Honus" .
wrote:

Doh. I too was distressed that I hit the send button without even expressing
how I too was so distressed.

That's just Jeff R. acting like a rabid crocodile hunter, poor thing.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old May 20th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.

wrote:

Doh. I too was distressed that I hit the send button without even
expressing
how I too was so distressed.

That's just Jeff R. acting like a rabid crocodile hunter, poor thing.

Geez, Reid, you just can't take a compliment when it's dropped on you, can
you!

Where'd you get the "crocodile hunter" thing from...

....Oh! I get it now.
A demonstration of where you have got all your information about Australia.

Reminds me of your quote from some years ago: "I knew an Australian once..."
Hence the expertise.

FWIW, I agree with your stance on the IGWT thingy, but you still have an
obnoxious way of expressing it.

--
Jeff R.

Old May 20th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Sun, 20 May 2007 12:15:31 +1000, "Jeff R."
wrote:

Geez, Reid, you just can't take a compliment when it's dropped on you, can
you!

You have the strangest way of "dropping" a compliment on someone I've
ever seen.

Old May 20th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_2_]

Jeff R. wrote:

Exodus 35:2-3
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your

holy
day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be

put
to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath

day."

--
Jeff R.

No point in casting pearls.

I'm glad you brought that one up, Higgins. There's no point in casting
pearls before swine, Jesus said. In other words, there's no sense in putting
out bits of wisdom in front of people that won't accept them. Fair enough.
But what's particularly disturbing about that verse is that Jesus referred
to people that didn't buy his line as swine. Pigs. A horrible insult in the
cultures of the Middle East. (He also refers to non-believers as dogs in
that same verse, btw. Nice guy, that Jesus.) Now...what would Jesus do?
There's your example, and by quoting that particular verse Higgins, you're
in perfect keeping with him. Too bad it's not in perfect keeping with
popular image of him, but the truth hurts. I don't know if Jeff R feels
insulted, but I certainly would. Personally, I prefer the verse that says
"By your fruits you will know them." (Obviously a paraphrase on my part.
Can't seem to recall it word for word.) And so far, you've done nothing but
insult and call names. Way to contend for the faith, brother.

I can look up the "contend for the faith" verse for you if you like. But I'm
not sure how you'd respond to getting "versed" in your own holy book by an
atheist.

By the way...if there's no point in casting pearls before us barnyard
animals, why do you persist? Or you actively seeking persecution? You know,
storing up riches in Heaven? Maybe you ought to thank me.

Old May 20th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_2_]

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Honus" . wrote in message

I'm too busy to be bothered with all of that right now. I'm busy trying

sell my daughter into slavery on eBay.

Oooh ooh...

Item number please?

Umm...666?

Will you ship to Australia?

Not until you tell me whether or not the Mark of the Australian Beast is
999. And which way the water goes whe...oh, never mind.

Has she been graded?

I'll tell you this much...she'd damned well better be MS, or I'm breaking
out the 12 gauge and someone's going to get hurt.

Yeah...ewwww.