Who is good at Waterman Repairs?

Old August 28th 08, 10:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jay W. Cochrane

Default Who is good at Waterman Repairs?

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Waterman set on Flea Bay. The set consisted
of a fountain pen and a mechanical pencil. The fountain pen is beautiful
and has a nice nib, but the lever is broken. The barrel looks OK, and
the small gold box it sits in are intact, but the end of the lever is
broken off. It will probably need to be re-sacked as well. Who would
have a decent supply of waterman parts and could handle this for me at a
reasonable price? Any ideas or recommendations?
Thanks,
Jay
Old August 29th 08, 08:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In abs,
Jay W. Cochrane wrote:

I recently purchased a Waterman set on Flea Bay...
the small gold box it sits in are intact, but the end of the lever is
broken off.

I think Ron Zorn --
http://www.mainstreetpens.com/pricelist.htm

-- and Victor Chen --

http://www.penopoly.com/repairs.html

are a couple of the skilled pen repairers that can do this, but I suspect
anyone with a track record repairing Waterman lever assemblies will be on
the pricey side.

Brian

Old August 30th 08, 01:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jay W. Cochrane

Brian Ketterling wrote:
In abs,
Jay W. Cochrane wrote:

I recently purchased a Waterman set on Flea Bay...
the small gold box it sits in are intact, but the end of the lever is
broken off.

I think Ron Zorn --
http://www.mainstreetpens.com/pricelist.htm

-- and Victor Chen --

http://www.penopoly.com/repairs.html

are a couple of the skilled pen repairers that can do this, but I suspect
anyone with a track record repairing Waterman lever assemblies will be on
the pricey side.

Brian

Brian,

Looks like it will cost more than it's worth to fix it. I'll just
hold onto it and wait for a pen show. I'm close enough to attend the
Washington Supershow. Perhaps I can take in a couple and see what they
can do for me.
Thanks,
Jay

juke repairs in Indianapolis, IN [email protected] Juke Boxes 5 December 28th 09 09:07 PM
repairs by Flats flats Juke Boxes 0 April 24th 08 01:44 PM
Book re-binding for fun, not repairs [email protected] Books 3 July 12th 05 01:42 AM
Really good Waterman pen deals!! Speebob Pens & Pencils 0 September 4th 03 12:36 AM