Ink Reviews: Orange, Apricot Orange, Quick Lime

Old May 2nd 08, 05:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Ink Reviews: Orange, Apricot Orange, Quick Lime

On Thu, 1 May 2008 12:47:51 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

I took your description as looking as if it were written in orange to
mean that the ink was very watery.

I guess CS meant for it to look like OJ.

Who knows what they meant for it to look. I don't think some of these
ink makers much care one way or the other. An orange is not as easy
to come up with as what you might think--or at least not as easy as I
thought when I tried to make one using Noodler's Yellow and some
different reds. I never got anything near as good as Diamine Orange
and I notice that none of these other ink manufacturers have anything
that pure orange either.

And I still write out a letter or two a week.

That's great! I sent a couple of correspondence cards last _month_.

Sometimes for periods of time I might write three or four a week, but
lately its been just one. I wound up getting a bunch of stamps off
eBay awhile back for less than face value--one of those deals where
they had these big lots, and I'm trying to use up that postage--and
let me tell you, it's a pain in the ass putting all those small
denomination stamps on envelopes.
Old May 2nd 08, 05:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Thu, 1 May 2008 12:52:17 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
.. .

I've got one Herbin ink and I've seen writing samples of a few others
and have received vials of a few others, and damn if I know why
anybody would want to use that high priced colored water when they can
go to the grocery and get food coloring or just write with Kool-Aid...

NO! NOT KOOL-AID! OH, THE SUGAR...AUGGHHH!

Er...does Kool-Aid have sugar in it or does the sugar have to be added?

You can get it either way. But if the sugar gums up your pens, it
should dissolve in water.

You know, regarding food coloring--you know they use that stuff as if
it were crystal violet or methylene blue to stain bacteria and that
kind of crap to look at it under a slide. Maybe next time I'm at the
grocery store I might buy some food coloring and try it out.

Easter egg dye might be worth a shot too.

There is also this outfit called darma trading at www.darmatrading.com
that sells dyes for tie dying in small quantities.
Old May 3rd 08, 02:56 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Harry F. Leopold

On Thu, 1 May 2008 12:52:17 -0500, Bluesea wrote
(in article ):

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message

I've got one Herbin ink and I've seen writing samples of a few others
and have received vials of a few others, and damn if I know why
anybody would want to use that high priced colored water when they can
go to the grocery and get food coloring or just write with Kool-Aid...

NO! NOT KOOL-AID! OH, THE SUGAR...AUGGHHH!

Er...does Kool-Aid have sugar in it or does the sugar have to be added?

You can get it both ways.
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

³Let me get this straight: You believe that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was
his own father will let you live forever if you pretend to eat his flesh,
drink his blood, and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your
master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that he put there a
long time ago as punishment for all humanity because a rib-woman made from a
dust-man was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

Yeah. Right.³ (unknown)

UGLY ORANGE INK!! JimL Pens & Pencils 12 April 26th 06 12:20 PM
Orange Ink kmk Pens & Pencils 7 February 16th 06 01:40 PM
PR Orange Crush Jeff Miars Pens & Pencils 5 November 15th 05 06:07 AM
"Fiesta orange" spaceball for $425??? WTF? DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 11 November 10th 04 03:48 PM
Orange pen alert! KCat Pens & Pencils 6 July 17th 04 03:55 AM