Opinions on cashing out some silver

Old February 16th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Opinions on cashing out some silver

On Feb 16, 1:16*pm, "PC" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

You're the perfect foil Brucie. *Maybe you will miss the boat, but
since you have to have the last word, this thread can be run ad
infinitum, hopefully alerting those with a little more mental
flexibility.

All I see is Bruce asking for some subtance behind the rehtoric you spew and
you repeatedly failing to produce.

The only thing that I am "producing" is a warning to fellow coin
collectors that they really should hold some PMs. More than normal.
I am Cassandra to your and Bruce's Priam.

oly
Old February 16th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 16, 11:19 am, "PC" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

More like Chicken Little...

Have you thoroughly licked your picture of Obama this morning???

This speaks volumes about you.

You still can't bring yourself to admit that this economic fiasco has a
lot
to do with the Bush Administration. It is mildly amusing watching you
squirm in order to avoid admitting it.

Oh no, this debacle does have a great deal to do with the Bush
administration.

But my objections are almost all in regards to what the Treasury and
Fed did during the last four months of 2008. Their actions (or
reactions) since the Lehman Brothers failure are simply
uncomprehensible.

Your objections are because you have a problem with white conservative
men in a position of authority.

I had no problem with George Bush, Sr. So you are wrong again. You could
not have possibly known I thought he was a good president since you are
close-minded. In my relatively short lifetime other than the esteemed Sr.
Bush I have not seen a competent white conservative man in a position of
authority. And no, Ronald Reagan does not count either. He was an icon and
nothing more.

Clinton was a *fiscal* conservative and our country prospered under his
leadership.

Bush Jr was a very poor president and leader in every aspect. Admit it and
move on. If it wasn't for Bush we likely would not have Obama in the White
House. Think about that.

Butt

Freudian slip, I presume.

there's never a good reason to vote for a Franken or an Obama.

So you advocate voting for Norm Coleman? You advocate voting for Sarah
Palin in 2012? You obviously do not think things through and just go with
whatever the current FOX News talking points are. Stop getting brainwashed
by liars like Hannity and Limbaugh.

Old February 16th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"oly" wrote in message

It is not a wash for people who have saved in terms of paper money.
Old people, retired people on fixed incomes who rely on their savings
are systematically cheated through continual debasement. Not everbody
is working throughout the 50 year period. People age and can't work
any longer. Not everybody has a pension plan, let alone a good
pension plan with a COLA. Even people who are still working shouldn't
be cheated on the money that they saved ten and twenty years back.
Money that does not have a reasonable ability to store value over time
isn't "real" money.

So - our government created this mess but our government should do nothing
to help the aged in this situation since that would be "wasteful liberal
spending". Right?

Old February 16th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"oly" wrote in message

All I see is Bruce asking for some subtance behind the rehtoric you spew
and
you repeatedly failing to produce.

The only thing that I am "producing" is a warning to fellow coin
collectors that they really should hold some PMs.

Well lately it sure beats a savings account. I have to agree with you
there.

Old February 16th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 16, 1:27*pm, "PC" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

On Feb 16, 11:19 am, "PC" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

by liars like Hannity and Limbaugh.- Hide quoted text -

Hannity and Limbaugh are entertainers. Actually, you can find an
audience for any viewpoint, as long as you are consistent.

In the crowd that Minnesota had, yes, I would have voted for Coleman.
He went to high school here in Springpatch and he has been highly
criticial (correctly so) of certain aspects of this fine capitol
city. His Senate record was fine. He can't be bad.

oly

Old February 16th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Johnny Doe

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:13:52 -0600, "PC" wrote:

"Johnny Doe" wrote in message
.. .

Bruce, you are confusing the value of LABOR with the value of MONEY.
Your example shows that LABOR has maintained its value over the years,
in that you can trade an hour of today's LABOR for the same goods that
you could trade an hour of LABOR for in the past. The value of MONEY,
on the other hand has DECREASED by 90% in your scenario, in that, if
you put away 5 cents fifty years ago, instead of buying a candy bar,
today it only buys 1/10 of a candy bar. Don't you see that the money
has lost 90% of its value if you can only receive 10% of the products
that you could have purchased with it 50 years ago?

But if you also earn 90% more money then it is a wash. So which is more -
the loss of money or the increase in wages? Answer that then you may have a
point.

This isn't about what you earned today, it is about the loss of value
of the money that you ALREADY earned and haven't spent yet. You know,
like what is stashed under your mattress, sitting in a checking
account, in a jar on your dresser. Does this make sense to you? You
DO have some money that you didn't make in the last year, don't you?
And you do know that it will buy less than it would have if you spent
it at the time, right? THAT is the loss of money - It has nothing to
do with you getting a raise as a wal*mart greeter.

Old February 16th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 16, 1:30*pm, "PC" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

It is not a wash for people who have saved in terms of paper money.
Old people, retired people on fixed incomes who rely on their savings
are systematically cheated through continual debasement. *Not everbody
is working throughout the 50 year period. *People age and can't work
any longer. *Not everybody has a pension plan, let alone a good
pension plan with a COLA. *Even people who are still working shouldn't
be cheated on the money that they saved ten and twenty years back.
Money that does not have a reasonable ability to store value over time
isn't "real" money.

So - our government created this mess but our government should do nothing
to help the aged in this situation since that would be "wasteful liberal
spending". *Right?

Your pallative would only fuel further currency debasement, making the
situation worse for all.

oly
Old February 16th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"RWF" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
As for the dollar, a loaf of bread costs about the same percentage
of an average hourly wage today as it did fifty years ago. So I
don't see that our currency losing its buying power as long as
increasing wages follow the rising cost of essential goods. Is the
dollar losing its value or are things becoming more expensive? Or
has the wage-price relationship remained much the same over the past
fifty years?

That's a very inane comment.
Those on fixed incomes are finding it harder to make ends meet.
Even a half-wit like Sarge realizes the dollar has less buying power
than it once had.
For shame!

My point had nothing to do with the plight of the those unemployed or
on fixed incomes. I simply said that prices don't rise over the years
while everything else stays put. And today's loaf of bread DOES cost
about the same % of the average hourly wage as it did 50 years ago. No
shame. Nothing inane. No big deal. Unless you should choose to take
it further.

I think Oly is spot on about you.
You are willfully ignorant.

He can't seem to find the stuff to show me where or how. How about
you. What have I said that is wrong? Your insult shows me nothing. If
you have a different opinion why not share it. Otherwise you simply
sound like one more blindered politician who is convinced that all his
constituents are ignorant and only he knows what's best for them.

You claim that the value of our currency is unchanged because a loaf of
bread is still a certain % of income.
You are confusing our standard of living with the value of a dollar.
You are clearly wrong yet refuse to admit it.

I see my standard of living as tied to what my dollar will buy. The value
of the loaf of bread as a percentage of the average hourly wage seems more
relevant to me than some of the textbook rhetoric I'm seeing If I'm
wrong, I'll gladly accept it and will appreciate learning something, but
all I've seen so far are Aristotle quotes and rants about how I just don't
get it. Can you offer anything besides calling someone wrong if he
doesn't have the same opinion you do. If not, who needs your input?

You are engaged in the worst case of troll feeding that I have ever seen,
please stop soon, thank you. Billy

Old February 16th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"oly" wrote in message
Hannity and Limbaugh are entertainers.

Actually they are mean-spirited, loudmouthed assholes.

Old February 16th 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

oly wrote:
On Feb 16, 1:27 pm, "PC" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

On Feb 16, 11:19 am, "PC" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

getting brainwashed by liars like Hannity and Limbaugh.- Hide quoted
text -

Hannity and Limbaugh are entertainers.

Entertainers whose disciples have become totally unreachable, like automaton
zombies. I've lost three good friends to them, one of those my favorite
coin dealer.

James

Cashing in on the hype PC[_2_] Coins 22 March 16th 07 03:57 AM
Opinions Wanted 1992 Silver Eagle with Toning Tina Coins 6 May 31st 06 11:45 AM
opinions. advice sought on the value of silver melt value....... Gary Loveless Coins 5 October 2nd 05 11:38 PM
Collectors cashing in on numismatic hobby stonej Coins 1 July 16th 05 04:45 PM
Yet another old woman cashing in silver for face story.. Harv Coins 2 August 9th 03 06:06 AM