Leonardo da Vinci

Old July 1st 04, 07:46 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

Default Leonardo da Vinci

As requested by many visitors to my site I have now set up a "different"
page about Leonardo da Vinci, one of the great masters of the Italian
renaissance.

http://arthistory.heindorffhus.dk/frame-Leonardo.htm

I hope you will enjoy the page as much as I have enjoyed setting it up :-)
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)
remove usenet. to reply

Old July 2nd 04, 09:57 PM
Kirk Stephens

Hi:

Just wanted to let you know the page is wonderful. Very informative
and interesting.

I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate your hard work.

Kirk

Old July 2nd 04, 09:59 PM
Victor Manta

"amesh (Mette)" wrote in message
As requested by many visitors to my site I have now set up a "different"
page about Leonardo da Vinci, one of the great masters of the Italian
renaissance.

http://arthistory.heindorffhus.dk/frame-Leonardo.htm

snip
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

Interesting subject indeed, and even if it was largely treated so far, it
will be never exhausted.

I just wonder what means above 'a "different" page'. Different from which
one (I cannot remember anymore the one from 1999, when it was initially
copyrighted, btw a period when the author was a big fan of modern art, and
when I was, in her eyes, somehow old-fashioned or different how?

Victor Manta

PS. More about Leonardo and his paintings can be found on:
http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Leonardo/leonardo.htm
http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Leo...a/monalisa.htm
http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Leo...ci-vermeer.htm
http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Mus.../offices-4.htm
http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Mus...an/italian.htm
http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Mus...re-foreign.htm

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://www.pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/
Romania by Stamps: http://www.marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/communism/
Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old July 2nd 04, 10:15 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Kirk Stephens" skrev i en meddelelse

Hi:

Just wanted to let you know the page is wonderful. Very informative
and interesting.

Thanks Kirk :-)

I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate your hard work.

They do indeed, at least according to the appreciative emails I receive :-)
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)
remove usenet. to reply

Old July 2nd 04, 10:23 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Victor Manta" skrev i en meddelelse
"amesh (Mette)" wrote in message

- snip -

http://arthistory.heindorffhus.dk/frame-Leonardo.htm

Interesting subject indeed, and even if it was largely treated so far, it
will be never exhausted.

Thank you!

I just wonder what means above 'a "different" page'. Different from which
one (I cannot remember anymore the one from 1999, when it was initially
copyrighted,

It was first published on the Intranet, so I doubt that you have seen it.
The "difference" is that I do not focus on Mona Lisa, but on Leonardo's life
and career as illustrated on stamps.

btw a period when the author was a big fan of modern art, and
when I was, in her eyes, somehow old-fashioned or different how?

it has nothing to do with being a fan of any particular art, or my opinion
about you. It has to do with an attempt to cover art history as such on
stamps.
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)
remove usenet. to reply

Old July 3rd 04, 08:21 AM
Rodney

Victor, some of the links are not working
eg Vermeer, Louvre foreign

Old July 3rd 04, 09:42 AM
Victor Manta

"Rodney" wrote in message
Victor, some of the links are not working
eg Vermeer, Louvre foreign

| PS. More about Leonardo and his paintings can be found on:
| http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Leonardo/leonardo.htm
| http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Leo...a/monalisa.htm
| http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Leo...ci-vermeer.htm
| http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Mus.../offices-4.htm
| http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Mus...an/italian.htm
| http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Mus...re-foreign.htm

Rodney,

I have just tested them again and indeed no one works. Actually the entire
server values.ch is down, what sometimes happens on week-ends. The links
worked yesterday, when I have posted them (I'm sure of this, because I have
copied/pasted them from the pages Properties shown by the browser).

I'll contact the responsible person asap; thanks for letting me know.

Victor Manta

Old July 3rd 04, 10:22 AM
Victor Manta

"amesh (Mette)" wrote in message
"Victor Manta" skrev i en meddelelse
"amesh (Mette)" wrote in message

- snip -

http://arthistory.heindorffhus.dk/frame-Leonardo.htm

Interesting subject indeed, and even if it was largely treated so far,

it
will be never exhausted. (VM)

Thank you!

I just wonder what means above 'a "different" page'. Different from

which
one (I cannot remember anymore the one from 1999, when it was initially
copyrighted, (VM)

It was first published on the Intranet, so I doubt that you have seen it.
The "difference" is that I do not focus on Mona Lisa, but on Leonardo's

life
and career as illustrated on stamps.

btw a period when the author was a big fan of modern art, and
when I was, in her eyes, somehow old-fashioned or different how? (VM)

it has nothing to do with being a fan of any particular art, or my opinion
about you. It has to do with an attempt to cover art history as such on
stamps.
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

OK, I'll try to summarize the whole, because it can be quite confusing.

Mette's page on da Vinci (and probably those of her announced earlier on
Botticelli, Michelangelo and Raphael), or a reduced a version of it, was
never published previously on the Web. It is what I have expected, simply
because I couldn't remember it. The announced, new page was copyrighted
1999, which is maybe legally correct (I won't contradict a lawwomen, isn't
it? , but it can be per se quite confusing...

The sentence: "As requested by many visitors to my site I have now set up a
"different" page about Leonardo da Vinci, ..." should be understood as
follows (see above): I, Mette, have now set up a page about Leonardo da
Vinci, one that is different from the Mona Lisa site that was published
earlier by Victor.

I'm of course flattered by the fact that my modest work is used, even if by
unnamed implication, for comparison purposes. Just for completeness, I would
mention my page dedicated to the 500 death anniversary of Leonardo, a page
that includes some biographical data:

http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Leonardo/leonardo.htm

I enjoy the fact that more pages on Renaissance painters on stamps are
published, and I can only hope that in the future even more and better pages
on classical art on stamps will see the lights of the Web.

As for the "it has nothing to do with being a fan of any particular art, or
my opinion about you" (AMH), the whole is an obvious misunderstanding. My
sentence: "btw a period when the author was a big fan of modern art, and
when I was, in her eyes, somehow old-fashioned" should be understood as
follows: btw a period when the author (Mette) was a big fan of modern art,
and when she considered me (btw, it's her full right old-fashioned in
what concerns my preference for classical art.

I was puzzled by the fact that Mette considered in 1999 (the date of the new
old page copyright) the classical art old-fashioned and, in the same time,
she published on an Intranet (with a private, restricted access) some Web
pages on... classical art on stamps.

Anyway, it was a pleasure for me to refresh my memory on some good old
philatelic times and themes.

Victor Manta

The Da Vinci Code Alert Books 31 January 2nd 05 02:05 AM
FS: "Leonardo Dicaprio" Superstar (Factory-Sealed) Imported Photo Set J.R. Sinclair Cards:- non-sport 0 August 6th 04 07:46 AM
FS: Leonardo DeCaprio "Autographed" 8x10 Photo with COA J.R. Sinclair General 0 July 21st 04 07:37 AM
FS: "Leonardo Dicaprio" Superstar (Factory-Sealed) Imported Photo Set J.R. Sinclair Cards:- non-sport 0 March 28th 04 05:17 AM
FS: Leonardo DeCaprio "Autographed" 8x10 Photo with COA J.R. Sinclair General 0 February 18th 04 06:55 AM