Wanting To Buy A "New" Player...

Old October 18th 08, 01:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Dave Walker

Default Wanting To Buy A "New" Player...

Hey gang,

I've been collecting 8's for a few years now, and I've been through a
couple of players since that time. I've had a few bad experiences
with buying players off eBay, and stumbled upon a site that sells
reconditioned, "like new" machines. Has anyone had any experience in
dealing with this guy? Here's the scoop:

http://www.barrys8trackrepair.com/index.html

The stuff he has for sale seems a little pricey, but I understand the
time and work involved in getting these things back to their original
performance... Nonetheless, any help or comments would by MUCH
appreciated before I decide to take the plunge...

Thanks!

-Dave
Old October 21st 08, 04:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:08:27 -0700 (PDT), Dave Walker
wrote:

Hey gang,

I've been collecting 8's for a few years now, and I've been through a
couple of players since that time. I've had a few bad experiences
with buying players off eBay, and stumbled upon a site that sells
reconditioned, "like new" machines. Has anyone had any experience in
dealing with this guy? Here's the scoop:

http://www.barrys8trackrepair.com/index.html

The stuff he has for sale seems a little pricey, but I understand the
time and work involved in getting these things back to their original
performance... Nonetheless, any help or comments would by MUCH
appreciated before I decide to take the plunge... snip

Dave:

Barry's a real technician, not one of the many wannabes that infect
the 8 track cult. If you get something from him, it's probably done
right the first time.

dB
Old October 23rd 08, 06:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
myuglyface

Barry's a real technician, not one of the many wannabes that infect
the 8 track cult. If you get something from him, it's probably done
right the first time.

His site certainly looks professional. Didn't really look
like he currently had any home units for sale though? DBob, hope you
unloaded your Loonies this past summer they were dropping like lead balloons
this week.

Old October 25th 08, 12:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

I asked about the site a few months ago and someone gave me this link
to his ebay account: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller
Old November 14th 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:03:43 -0500, "myuglyface"
wrote:

Barry's a real technician, not one of the many wannabes that infect
the 8 track cult. If you get something from him, it's probably done
right the first time.

His site certainly looks professional. Didn't really look
like he currently had any home units for sale though? DBob, hope you
unloaded your Loonies this past summer they were dropping like lead balloons
this week. snip

Aye! So has everythin else...ach!