Scottish square £1

Old August 17th 05, 09:45 PM
note.boy

Default Scottish square £1

Another has been sold on ebay, National Bank 1918,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8325792107

£111.38 this time for a note that's seen better days, they seem to be in
great demand at present hence the high prices.

It appears to be impossible to get a square for under £100, even in the
lower grades. Billy

Old August 17th 05, 10:51 PM
Darren

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:45:27 GMT, note.boy wrote:

Another has been sold on ebay, National Bank 1918,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8325792107

£111.38 this time for a note that's seen better days, they seem to be in
great demand at present hence the high prices.

It appears to be impossible to get a square for under £100, even in the
lower grades. Billy

How much for this one do you think...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8326301173&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old August 17th 05, 11:09 PM
note.boy

Darren wrote:

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:45:27 GMT, note.boy wrote:

Another has been sold on ebay, National Bank 1918,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8325792107

£111.38 this time for a note that's seen better days, they seem to be in
great demand at present hence the high prices.

It appears to be impossible to get a square for under £100, even in the
lower grades. Billy

How much for this one do you think...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8326301173&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I can tell you exactly, one increment above the under bidder. :-)

It's a bit ratty but not too bad, it will probably hit the £100 mark or slightly above, I hope the current
high bidder, duncanbain, does not get it, if I mention "Rowenta" and "Persil" is that a good enough clue?

This seller very often has interesting Scottish notes listed, I wonder where they get them from?

I have at least one square for each common bank issue type, the ones that I don't have are too expensive so
my number of squares is probably not going to increase any time soon. :-(

I wish I had bought more when nice ones could be had for £50 or less, this was about 10 years ago.

In another ten years £100 for fine ones may seem cheap of course. Billy

Old August 18th 05, 11:44 AM
Scottishmoney

"note.boy" wrote in message
Another has been sold on ebay, National Bank 1918,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8325792107

£111.38 this time for a note that's seen better days, they seem to be in
great demand at present hence the high prices.

It appears to be impossible to get a square for under £100, even in the
lower grades. Billy

All I needed to complete my squares was a National and a T&C. The National
probably would have happened, the T&C would not have happened unless I had
Note.Boy's luck with auctioning off a 18th century Scottish token.

Old August 18th 05, 01:03 PM
note.boy

Scottishmoney wrote:

"note.boy" wrote in message
Another has been sold on ebay, National Bank 1918,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8325792107

£111.38 this time for a note that's seen better days, they seem to be in
great demand at present hence the high prices.

It appears to be impossible to get a square for under £100, even in the
lower grades. Billy

All I needed to complete my squares was a National and a T&C. The National
probably would have happened, the T&C would not have happened unless I had
Note.Boy's luck with auctioning off a 18th century Scottish token.

You would have to sell two, at least, to get a T&C.

Nationals turn up often, even on ebay, and they are very attractive.

The only T&C that I have are cut proofs. Billy

Old August 18th 05, 03:04 PM
Scottishmoney

"note.boy" wrote in message

You would have to sell two, at least, to get a T&C.

Nationals turn up often, even on ebay, and they are very attractive.

The only T&C that I have are cut proofs. Billy

At least I have a whole Caledonian But only part of a T&C £100.

Old August 18th 05, 09:27 PM
note.boy

Scottishmoney wrote:

"note.boy" wrote in message

You would have to sell two, at least, to get a T&C.

Nationals turn up often, even on ebay, and they are very attractive.

The only T&C that I have are cut proofs. Billy

At least I have a whole Caledonian But only part of a T&C £100.

Lot 6 of the Spink auction is 4 cut proofs of The Town & County with an
estimate of £350 to £400, the one illustrated is not as cut as the ones I
have, mine are cut top and bottom and at right, the one illustrated is cut
top and bottom only, I presume the other 3 are cut in a similar fashion.
Billy