Obama - The Jihadist Candidate

Old October 18th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default Obama - The Jihadist Candidate

"PC" wrote in message

wrote in message
m...

Your claims are laughably transparent.

i can see my house from here!

Whether intended or not, there's a double entendre buried somewhere in
there.

I believe that you are referring to a misquote attributed to Sarah
Palin, not John McCain, and it had more to do with being able to see
Russia from her kitchen. I believe it was only Tina Fey that
actually delivered that quote.

In any event my claim was that all the Usenet posts I have read in
the NGs I frequent have been smears on Obama, not McCain. I have to
amend that statement. I do now recall a well-known conspiracy
theory aficionado who posted some nonsense about McCain accidentally
killing a fellow pilot by doing a "hot start" or something similar.
The post was very quickly and efficiently debunked as nonsense.

These numerous anti-Obama posts are nonsense as well but tend to
appeal to a base common denominator type of ugliness that
coincidentally (or not) has been the same type of ugliness displayed
at recent McCain rallies. To ignore the correlation between the
recent tone at his rallies and the sudden frequency of these Obama
smears is to willfully ignore a very large elephant in the room.
IMO.

Speaking of double entendres, ahem. Elephants indeed.

I don't frequent political blogs, preferring to follow the debunking
through the non-partisan www.politifact.com fact-checking site.
However, like you, the vast majority of the dozens of inaccurate
screeds that I've seen were directed at Obama. He's a closet Muslim,
he and his wife hate whites and America, he wasn't born in the U.S.,
equating his acquaintance with people with subscribing to their
beliefs, on and on almost beyond belief. On the other side of the
ledger I can recall one making the rounds that was directed at
McCain's wife's drug addiction, which was overblown rather than
inaccurate, and then there was... um... ah...

Old October 18th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_3_]

gogu wrote:
Ο "Honus" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
gogu wrote:
? "Chas Edwards" ?????? ??? ??????
Honus Oct 16, 6:12 pm

Especially you, if an anonymous piece of unwanted spam has that
kind of
influence on you. What are you people going to do when a similar
piece of
posted crap slamming McCain finds its way in here? Switch your
vote? ***********

The best posting to date in this thread. PC and Gogu already had
their minds made up and went through a charade of being influenced
by a single post. Says perhaps all that is necessary about their
political IQ.

Chas. Edw.

As I said, childish insults and lies will not make your arguments
more credible!
Because:
1) I am *not* a US citizen, so personally I don't care who will win
the elections!

How very provincial. You might want to reconsider. And I shouldn't
have to explain to you why.

It looks that the only provincial here it's you.

English obviously isn't your native tongue, so I'll let that one slide.

Democrat or Republican the new tenant of the White House, the US
foreign policy changes a little, so I don't care who will be the next
US president. If you are referring to the fact that US president's
actions influence the international economy (and not only) this is
true but I repeat that I couldn't care less if good or bad times are
to come, I am the same secure in both cases.
-I don't care if I pay fuel 1,20 euros per liter or 2,20 or even 3,30.
-I don't care about the price falling of the houses, as I don't
intend to sell what I own; I am renting them and have a stable
income. And in the US I own just/only one apartment in Ridgefield
Park N.J and again, I don't intend to sell it.
-I don't care if the stock market is going down, because I have
mainly bank stocks and because I don't need to sell them. Sooner or
later they will return to their previous value(s).
-I don't care if the purchasing capability of the average Joe is
diminishing because I am not in the retail business, what my business
"sells" is always in demand even if with small fluctuations.
For all the above reasons, I don't care if the next US president will
be a Democrat or a Republican.
You may say I am selfish but I am only frank.

I'm very impressed. That's one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen.

As for the rest, I repeat, feel well soon in my killfile.

Coward.

Old October 18th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Chas Edwards" wrote in message
PC Oct 17, 7:14 pm

These numerous anti-Obama posts are nonsense as well but tend to
appeal to a
base common denominator type of ugliness that coincidentally (or
not) has
been the same type of ugliness displayed at recent McCain rallies.
ignore the correlation between the recent tone at his rallies and
the sudden
frequency of these Obama smears is to willfully ignore a very large
elephant in the room. IMO.

*********

You must read different newsgroups than I do. Or don't read, more
likely. The only recent postings on Collector Universe, for example,
attacked McCain and his supporters

Was it a difference in political opinion aimed at his policies and
views, or was it ad hominem and conspiracy theory like the anti-Obama
screed that started this thread?

and the thread was quickly taken
down by the moderator. Interestingly enough there have been no anti-
Obama postings but, if there are, I hope they are taken down just as
quickly.

So you don't get this junk in political e-mails from friends, family,
co-workers and spammers? That's where I get most of it, not in
newsgroups.

As to the rallies I find that both have contingents equally nasty.
The
recent very crude attacks on Palin at a major Obama rally, which
Obama
refused to condemn, show this very nicely.

Got a cite to fully document your characterization? I'd like to
investigate that, along with any examples you have of anti-McCain
screeds on the order of what's been going around about Obama. Other
than an overblown item about his wife's drug addiction, I seem to have
missed those. (And by anti-McCain screeds I don't mean
characterizations of his political views, I mean the mean-spirited and
blatantly misleading ad hominem that started this thread.)

I thank you for the correlation. The anti-McCain remarks I have seen
posted on the internet are then, according to your reasoning,
clearly
tied to the Obama rallies and by his direct orders. I would never
have
guessed this until your post and in point of fact do not believe it.

For someone who (accurately) accused me of jumping to a conclusion
about the content of your posts, you have a remarkable facility for
reading things into others' posts that aren't there, like mine and
PC's.

Some may make the mistake of assuming that the Obama slurs are being
perpetrated "with the knowledge of, and at the orders of" McCain; but
anyone familiar with how these things work knows that this is both
unlikely and unnecessary for either candidate. No informed observer
seriously believes that all the numerous anti-Obama ad hominem screeds
running around the Internet are the work of McCain campaign
operatives. Likewise for anti-McCain ad hominem screeds (if they
exist - I have yet to see one) being the work of Obama campaign
operatives. If Obama operatives are in fact doing that, they've done
a ****-poor job judging from the number of anti-McCain ad hominem
screeds I've seen compared to the voluminous anti-Obama ad hominem.

BTW, your accusation by way of bogus forced logic reveals that you are
not quite the impartial observer you would have others believe.
Neither am I - no one can be 100% impartial in politics - but I'm not
the one trying to give the impression that both camps are equally
guilty here. I give credit to McCain for the times that he has tried
to dampen the Obama ad hominem, but then, he has a lot more to put
dampers on than Obama.

Old October 18th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chas Edwards

[Original comment by PC:]

These numerous anti-Obama posts are nonsense as well but tend to
appeal to a
base common denominator type of ugliness that coincidentally (or not)
has
been the same type of ugliness displayed at recent McCain rallies.
ignore the correlation between the recent tone at his rallies and the
sudden
frequency of these Obama smears is to willfully ignore a very large
elephant
in the room. IMO.

*************

[My post in response to PC:]
I thank you for the correlation. The anti-McCain remarks I have seen
posted on the internet are then, according to your reasoning, clearly
tied to the Obama rallies and by his direct orders. I would never
have
guessed this until your post and in point of fact do not believe it.

*****************

[Post by mazorj:]
For someone who (accurately) accused me of jumping to a conclusion
about the content of your posts, you have a remarkable facility for
reading things into others' posts that aren't there, like mine and
PC's.

*****************

My analysis of the PC posting stands as written because the meaning of
the original comment is very plain. You ought to read the material
more carefully. I see no point in further discussion with someone who
distorts what has been said and then attacks on that basis.

And, just for the record, if I were moderator of this group the OP
would have been dropped at once along with all other political remarks
concerning the 2008 election. If the posting was historical in nature
and actually reflected a political slant to the coinage, then it would
perhaps be of value.

Chas. Edw.

Old October 18th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

[...]

1. What did I distort and then attack?

2. You just distorted PC's statement again. He did not say that the
Obama screeds were the result of McCain campaign operatives or his
direct orders. Therefore you cannot use that as the basis for making
a logical jump in the opposite direction and say that anti-McCain
remarks are "according to (PC's) reasoning, clearly tied to the Obama
rallies and by his direct orders." If your premise (a false
characterization of PC's statement) is false, your logical conclusion
fails, as it did for you here.

3. So you're running away from a request for examples of anti-McCain
ad hominem screeds after you've implied that they exist in abundance?
If so then good riddance. Put up some examples of anti-McCain ad
hominem screeds or shut up.

And, just for the record, if I were moderator of this group the OP
would have been dropped at once along with all other political
remarks
concerning the 2008 election. If the posting was historical in
nature
and actually reflected a political slant to the coinage, then it
would
perhaps be of value.

If you truly believed that, you wouldn't have responded at all to such
an "off topic" topic.
Your hypocrisy is showing through in just about every post now.

Old November 2nd 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Oct 17, 5:14*pm, "PC" wrote:

These numerous anti-Obamaposts are nonsense as well but tend to appeal to a
base common denominator type of ugliness that coincidentally (or not) has
been the same type of ugliness displayed at recent McCain rallies. *To
ignore the correlation between the recent tone at his rallies and the sudden
frequency of these Obamasmears is to willfully ignore a very large elephant
in the room. *IMO.

A disturbing example of the "dittoheads" that get their news from Fox,
Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity...

http://wimp.com/poorracists/