Addendum to "NewsGroup Not Ruined"

Old July 16th 03, 07:56 PM
MIckey

Default Addendum to "NewsGroup Not Ruined"

As a relative newbie who reads all things of interest to me in RCC
daily, and find it a great education. Might I make a suggestion that
would make it easier to navigate through this group? Many times I
don't read stuff, specifically long posts, because I have to wade
through the original question time and time again with every reply to
get to the posters reply. It would help us all, if the replier would
either delete all but the first couple of lines of the original post
(we have all read it and don't need to see it again, and again, and
again.) Or post your reply at the top of the original post instead of
at the bottom.
My $.02 worth.
Old July 16th 03, 08:32 PM
Edward McGrath

I always do : )

Old July 17th 03, 01:07 AM
Doggo

"MIckey" wrote in message
om
As a relative newbie who reads all things of interest to me in RCC
daily, and find it a great education. Might I make a suggestion that
would make it easier to navigate through this group? Many times I
don't read stuff, specifically long posts, because I have to wade
through the original question time and time again with every reply to
get to the posters reply. It would help us all, if the replier would
either delete all but the first couple of lines of the original post
(we have all read it and don't need to see it again, and again, and
again.) Or post your reply at the top of the original post instead
of at the bottom.
My $.02 worth.

Get a mouse with a thumb wheel and down load this

This utility makes reading NG posts easier.

Ed

Old July 17th 03, 12:37 PM
Nick Knight

In , on 07/17/2003
at 01:45 AM, Chrysta Wilson said:

Mind you, I understand that you thought I quoted a massive amount of text to
make a "me too" reply ... I did that on purpose and I can't tell you how
many years it's been since I've quoted like that. In this case, the text
was from Jan, and my purpose was to simply quote all of it. Sorry!

And you know, I didn't even notice that until now, but would have been
sure to yank your chain about it! ;o)

And I would have deserved it

Nick
Old July 17th 03, 01:15 PM
Larry Louks

This utility makes reading NG posts easier.

Many thanks for mentioning this utility! I just now installed it and it is
indeed a neat one to have!

-=LDL=-

Old July 17th 03, 01:25 PM
Doggo

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
This utility makes reading NG posts easier.

Many thanks for mentioning this utility! I just now installed it and it

is
indeed a neat one to have!

-=LDL=-

Your welcome.
One word of caution when using it. When replying to a post the spell
checker tells you everything is fine, when it isn't (quite embarrassing).
You have to highlight the section you want to check, and then run the
checker.

Intentionally misspell a word to see what I mean.

Ed