Brazil 1981 ID please.

Old April 25th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default Brazil 1981 ID please.

http://cjoint.com/data/ezfunQxbOz.htm

Stanley Gibbons ref please.
These gentlemen do not reside in my catalogue,
so I presume from a souvenir/mini sheet?

Old April 25th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Rod schrieb:
http://cjoint.com/data/ezfunQxbOz.htm

Stanley Gibbons ref please.
These gentlemen do not reside in my catalogue,
so I presume from a souvenir/mini sheet?

Hi Sir Rodney,

I am sorry, but I have no SG available. But in the Michel catalogue for
Brazil I can find a sheet of three stamps. 11th March 1981, honoring the
50th year of founding the postal and telegraphic office in Brazil. Sheet
# is 45, stamp numbers in catalogue are 1813 to 1815, value 1992 about
4.30 Euros.

kind regards

Gerhard
Old April 25th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message

I am sorry, but I have no SG available. But in the Michel catalogue for
Brazil I can find a sheet of three stamps. 11th March 1981, honoring the
50th year of founding the postal and telegraphic office in Brazil. Sheet
# is 45, stamp numbers in catalogue are 1813 to 1815, value 1992 about
4.30 Euros.
kind regards
Gerhard

Cheers Gerhard,
we still have one trick up our sleeve,
being as it is March, I look for a missing number in the Gibbons
Catalogue in the early sets.
Hence I arrive at, and will ascribe SG MS1889
of course I could look up the Gibbons on line,
but with our broadband speed, it is a little tedious.

Please let us know when you find the origin of your
cancel on the 9 kreuzer.
I have exhausted my search, I feel as if I have seen one before
and it had to do with a Royal or Official use of a canceller.
I looked in all close countries, even the Balkans,
but no joy.
Rod.

Old April 25th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

"Rod" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

Dear Sir Rodney,

I appreciate Your help very well. Itīs the same on my side, I am sure, that
I saw this postmark once before, but I cannot remember what it was. May be I
am wrong and it is only an "optical illusion", because some austrian stamps
look similar to this postmark.

If I detect it, I will post the result immediately.

Have a fine day downunder. Kind regards from sunny Bavaria

Gerhard

Old April 26th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote
in message ...
I appreciate Your help very well. Itīs the same on my side, I am sure,

that
I saw this postmark once before, but I cannot remember what it was. May be

am wrong and it is only an "optical illusion", because some austrian

stamps
look similar to this postmark.

you must mean Charles1

http://cjoint.com/data/eAdqXCuxpH.htm

At least, that's what I thought.
I also saw some vaguely similar cancels from
lothringen, but more along the eagle style.

I would suggest you post your query to Stefano
http://www.raster.it/stefano/a/

regards,
Rodney

Old April 26th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 25 Apr, 11:51, "Rod" wrote:
"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message

I am sorry, but I have no SG available. But in the Michel catalogue for
Brazil I can find a sheet of three stamps. 11th March 1981, honoring the
50th year of founding the postal and telegraphic office in Brazil. Sheet
# is 45, stamp numbers in catalogue are 1813 to 1815, value 1992 about
4.30 Euros.
kind regards
Gerhard

Cheers Gerhard,
we still have one trick up our sleeve,
being as it is March, I look for a missing number in the Gibbons
Catalogue in the early sets.
Hence I arrive at, and will ascribe SG MS1889

You are correct; this is MS1889. CV Ģ2.25 mint or used in my 1989 Part
20. You have the full set of 3 stamps. There is also an MS1890 --
Death Centenary of Felix Emile, Baron of Taunay (artist).

of course I could look up the Gibbons on line,
but with our broadband speed, it is a little tedious.

In any case, you won't find them on http://www.allworldstamps.com/
unless you have the paid-for version; the free one doesn't list MSes.

Sorry if this reply is late or duplicating someone else -- Google
Groups is being a bit slow to update at the moment.

Chris

Old April 26th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

wrote in message
oups.com...
You are correct; this is MS1889. CV Ģ2.25 mint or used in my 1989 Part
20. You have the full set of 3 stamps. There is also an MS1890 --
Death Centenary of Felix Emile, Baron of Taunay (artist).

Thank you very much Chris!
also the heads up re Gibbons.

I shall in future just pop into the Library
our latest Gibbons there (in colour) , lists Minisheets
and I have another half dozen to identify.

Old April 26th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 24, 11:27 pm, "Rod" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/ezfunQxbOz.htm

Stanley Gibbons ref please.
These gentlemen do not reside in my catalogue,
so I presume from a souvenir/mini sheet?

The three stamps are Brazil - Scott 1733 a, b, c.
The sheet of 3 is Scott 1733.

It was issued 1981 March 11.

cv is $4 for the sheet and $1 for each
stamp mint or used.

Blair

Old April 27th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
oups.com...

The three stamps are Brazil - Scott 1733 a, b, c.
The sheet of 3 is Scott 1733.
It was issued 1981 March 11.
cv is $4 for the sheet and $1 for each
stamp mint or used.
Blair

Thank you.

Old April 27th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 25, 10:16 am, "Gerhard Reichert"
wrote:
"Rod" schrieb im .. .

[...]

Gerhard- Hide quoted text -

Hello Gerhard:

I have this same cancel on an early German stamp (same series
as yours) . However my cancel only has one arm of the star on
my stamp and no town number is available.

Greetings from Ottawa
Blair

Brazil Query. Rod General Discussion 8 December 12th 06 05:28 PM
Brazil ID please? Rod General Discussion 2 April 11th 06 02:15 AM
FA: Banknotes: US, Brazil, and a US error prgrmr Coins 0 May 21st 05 05:40 AM
Scented stamps from Brazil Klaus Rampelmann General Discussion 7 December 10th 04 04:29 PM
Question about stamps of Brazil? S General Discussion 1 July 30th 04 08:46 AM