Brazil 1981 ID please.

Old April 27th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default Brazil 1981 ID please.

On Apr 25, 9:25 pm, "Rod" wrote:
"Gerhard Reichert" wrote
in rcor-online.net...

I appreciate Your help very well. It´s the same on my side, I am sure,

that
I saw this postmark once before, but I cannot remember what it was. May be

am wrong and it is only an "optical illusion", because some austrian

stamps
look similar to this postmark.

you must mean Charles1

http://cjoint.com/data/eAdqXCuxpH.htm

At least, that's what I thought.
I also saw some vaguely similar cancels from
lothringen, but more along the eagle style.

I would suggest you post your query to Stefanohttp://www.raster.it/stefano/a/

regards,
Rodney

Rodney:

Stefano's site has been dormant for several years ans they were not
answering enquiries the last few times that I checked. His job was
taking him away quite often, I believe.

Blair

Old April 28th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rodney:
Stefano's site has been dormant for several years ans they were not
answering enquiries the last few times that I checked. His job was
taking him away quite often, I believe.
Blair

That's a real shame.
It is a cracking site, although I did waste hours of
broadband meandering through the lost, the abandoned,
and the bizarre.

Old April 28th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Gerhard:
I have this same cancel on an early German stamp (same series
as yours) . However my cancel only has one arm of the star on
my stamp and no town number is available.
Greetings from Ottawa
Blair

Gee, doesn't that drop the percentages of being
cancelled in another country?
Are there many instances of cancels appearing without
date/time?
The thot plickens!

Old April 28th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 27, 8:08 pm, "Rod" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

oups.com...
Hello Gerhard:
I have this same cancel on an early German stamp (same series
as yours) . However my cancel only has one arm of the star on
my stamp and no town number is available.
Greetings from Ottawa
Blair

Gee, doesn't that drop the percentages of being
cancelled in another country?
Are there many instances of cancels appearing without
date/time?
The thot plickens!

In the 19th century, and particularly in pre-UPU days, there
were all types of cancels - including many "killers" that had
no indication of date or time.

USA
http://www.uspcs.org/Dust_Jackets/Co...KillerDJ-s.jpg
http://alphabetilately.com/Hisfor/H-fancy-07.jpg

Denmark / Danish West Indies
http://jsa.viewimage.net/images/web/...135730_r_m.jpg

Nepal
http://www.iusc.org/images/Gorkha_C80.jpg
http://www.tibetanpost.com/images/items/N/nclas0077.jpg

Hawaii
http://www.hawaiianstamps.com/pm/can...ono18oct67.jpg
http://www.hawaiianstamps.com/pm/canring/30jun72c.jpg
http://www.hawaiianstamps.com/pm/canring/2150b.jpg
http://www.hawaiianstamps.com/pm/canring/217138.jpg

Old April 28th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Blair (TC) schrieb:
On Apr 25, 10:16 am, "Gerhard Reichert"

Hello Gerhard:

I have this same cancel on an early German stamp (same series
as yours) . However my cancel only has one arm of the star on
my stamp and no town number is available.

Greetings from Ottawa
Blair

Hi Blair,

great news :-))

thank You for this information. Can You send me a scan of Your stamp to
compare it with mine? I am sure it would help me a lot.

The next cup of coffee is for You :-)

kind regards from Bavaria

Gerhard
Old April 28th 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
ups.com...

In the 19th century, and particularly in pre-UPU days, there
were all types of cancels - including many "killers" that had
no indication of date or time.

Cheers, Blair,
Mmmmmm, I wasn't exactly clear, in my statement
I knew about the "killers", but Gerhard's is sort of a
"half way house" in that it has the A over 320, but no date.
That is curious in itself.
I have exhausted my search.
I have this very thick auction book from 1966
from Basel Switzerland, crammed with images
http://www.antiqbook.com/boox/grn/017791.shtml

I was sure I was going to find it skulking there, but no.

Brazil Query. Rod General Discussion 8 December 12th 06 05:28 PM
Brazil ID please? Rod General Discussion 2 April 11th 06 02:15 AM
FA: Banknotes: US, Brazil, and a US error prgrmr Coins 0 May 21st 05 05:40 AM
Scented stamps from Brazil Klaus Rampelmann General Discussion 7 December 10th 04 04:29 PM
Question about stamps of Brazil? S General Discussion 1 July 30th 04 08:46 AM