ebay coin search function

Old March 9th 10, 01:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Noel

Default ebay coin search function

Is it just me or can you no longer do a simple search like "pcgs"
under coins on ebay. I seem to be getting all these categories and
then it goes into all coins ......... cannot get to pcgs only. Why do
they keep changing stuff.

Johnny
Old March 9th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Noel" wrote in message
Is it just me or can you no longer do a simple search like "pcgs"
under coins on ebay. I seem to be getting all these categories and
then it goes into all coins ......... cannot get to pcgs only. Why do
they keep changing stuff.

Johnny

As always, if you use the term "pcgs" in a search it will bring you all
auctions with "pcgs" in the title. I doubt you'd need to look under the
Coins category. All the results will probably be coin-related. Or am I not
understanding your problem?

Old March 9th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Florence

On Mar 8, 7:19*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Noel" wrote in message

Hi Bruce

That is what I used do but tonight all seems to have changed on ebay .

May be my pc settings are wrong or got mixed up.

No when I search " pcgs" I get lots of info but not the usual pcgs
list.

Old March 9th 10, 01:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Noel" wrote in message

Hi Bruce

That is what I used do but tonight all seems to have changed on ebay .

May be my pc settings are wrong or got mixed up.

No when I search " pcgs" I get lots of info but not the usual pcgs
list.
===========

I just tried a search on "pcgs" under "All Categories" and got about 20,000
results, all coin-related auctions.

Old March 9th 10, 01:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Florence

Hi Bruce

It just must be me ! when I do the search I get 20000 like you but
scroll down and everything is mixed up .. some PCGS but lots of un-
related stuff which leads you into non pcgs.

Thanks for looking.

Hopefully it will resolve itself .. I also got a popup survey " help
us improve" may be it is just me!!

Ciao

Old March 10th 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Relayer

On Mar 8, 7:13�pm, Noel wrote:
Is it just me or can you no longer do a simple search like "pcgs"
under coins on ebay. I seem to be getting all these categories and
then it goes into all coins ......... cannot get to pcgs only. Why do
they keep changing stuff.

Johnny

Why search PCGS from the main page (if you are looking for coins).
Search from the coin page.
Old March 10th 10, 03:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jan[_6_]

What a pain in the butt.

I have my search parameters on pcgs ms67 rd for the past 6 years and the
search just showed the coins listed as such.
NOW YOU CAN'T DO THAT !!!

EVEN IF YOU GO WITH EBAYS PARAMETERS AND CLICK ON UNCIRCULATED, CLICK ON
PCGS YOU STILL THE GET THE SAME
COINS!! IT'S LIKE SEARCHING FOR A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK NOW. THIS REALLY
SUCKS....

oh well.... on to better sites....

Jan

Old March 10th 10, 08:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jan[_6_]

Guys, I have made no adjustments.

Instead of getting just the coins listed at ms67 red pcgs
I am not getting a group of coins the description calls, ie,

1. 1939 coin 1 of 279 results.

this is something new and I don't know if it's localized
or what but when I use the link you guys gave me i get the same thing.

I used to only about 10 or so hits for the exact search, pcgs ms67 rd coins.
Now I'm getting hundreds of
unassociated hits.

Old March 10th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jan" wrote in message
Guys, I have made no adjustments.

Instead of getting just the coins listed at ms67 red pcgs
I am not getting a group of coins the description calls, ie,

1. 1939 coin 1 of 279 results.

this is something new and I don't know if it's localized
or what but when I use the link you guys gave me i get the same thing.

I used to only about 10 or so hits for the exact search, pcgs ms67 rd
coins. Now I'm getting hundreds of
unassociated hits.

I seem to remember something like this happening to me a couple years ago.
During routine fussing with my computer it somehow resolved itself after a
couple weeks. I have no idea what caused it. Obviously though, nobody here
who read your post is currently experiencing the same problem, so it's
likely some gremlin on your end.

Old March 10th 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jan wrote:
Guys, I have made no adjustments.

Instead of getting just the coins listed at ms67 red pcgs
I am not getting a group of coins the description calls, ie,

1. 1939 coin 1 of 279 results.

this is something new and I don't know if it's localized
or what but when I use the link you guys gave me i get the same thing.

I used to only about 10 or so hits for the exact search, pcgs ms67 rd
coins. Now I'm getting hundreds of
unassociated hits.

After my recent reformat I started seeing that same nonsense, and figured
there might be a connection. That lasted only a few days, and I no longer
see it. In any event, the listings I wanted were below the garbage.

James the Fortunate

WTB: Full function NSM jukebox remote -Al Thomka Juke Boxes 0 August 25th 09 10:27 PM
Tech: Capacitor function in AMI [email protected] Juke Boxes 3 December 15th 06 05:22 AM
Coin Search DAVID E HAMMON Coins 3 March 30th 05 01:10 PM
Screwy Heritage Search Function. Byron L. Reed Coins 1 July 12th 03 02:07 AM