How low can you get(ebay auctions)

Old July 11th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

Default How low can you get(ebay auctions)

One is bad,two is criminal. Geez!!

http://tinyurl.com/6csdad

http://tinyurl.com/655f8b

Old July 11th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bland Allison[_2_]

"don't look" don't exclaimed in news:qyAdk.217330
:

One is bad,two is criminal. Geez!!

http://tinyurl.com/6csdad

http://tinyurl.com/655f8b

Gotta save those pictures for when someone asks me "what does a whizzed
coin look like?"

--
BA

"Qui hic mixerit aut cacarit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos."
Old July 11th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:48:05 -0500, Bland Allison
wrote:

"don't look" don't exclaimed in news:qyAdk.217330
:

One is bad,two is criminal. Geez!!

http://tinyurl.com/6csdad

http://tinyurl.com/655f8b

Gotta save those pictures for when someone asks me "what does a whizzed
coin look like?"

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 11th 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Time,
Bland Allison wrote:

"don't look" don't exclaimed in news:qyAdk.217330
:

One is bad,two is criminal. Geez!!

http://tinyurl.com/6csdad

http://tinyurl.com/655f8b

Gotta save those pictures for when someone asks me "what does a whizzed
coin look like?"

What does a "whizzed coin" mean? What am I looking at in those pics?

Thanks.

**
Captain Infinity
Old July 11th 08, 12:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_9_]

Captain Infinity wrote:
Gotta save those pictures for when someone asks me "what does a
whizzed coin look like?"

What does a "whizzed coin" mean? What am I looking at in those pics?

Thanks.

You take a tool that hacks the coin up. The end result is at first glance
the coin looks kind of "purty" but in reality the collectible value has been
destroued.

On top of that this (alleged) scum scraper is advertising them as high grade
proofs.

Old July 11th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

In , on 07/11/2008
at 10:26 AM, Captain Infinity said:

Gotta save those pictures for when someone asks me "what does a whizzed
coin look like?"

What does a "whizzed coin" mean? What am I looking at in those pics?

Hmmmm. Those coins are polished, not whizzed. At least in my experience,
"whizzing" produces a bit more realistic of a new look albeit with weird
luster. Much more deceptive to the inexperienced eye. Still bad, but not
unnatural mirror surfaces. So, are they using a buffing wheel, or did the
polish by hand?

These coins have been horribly abused. He ought to be offering to PAY
someone to take them off his hands. They are screaming "melt me, please!".

Nick
Old July 11th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 11, 7:30*am, "Nick Knight" wrote:

Hmmmm. *Those coins are polished, not whizzed. *At least in my experience,
"whizzing" produces a bit more realistic of a new look albeit with weird
luster. *Much more deceptive to the inexperienced eye. *Still bad, but not
unnatural mirror surfaces. *So, are they using a buffing wheel, or did the
polish by hand?

Indeed. It appears that the coins in question had an extended date
with a buffing wheel.

These coins have been horribly abused. *He ought to be offering to PAY
someone to take them off his hands. *They are screaming "melt me, please!".

They would be suitable only for coin jewelery, like a belt buckle.

Old July 11th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 10, 11:35*pm, "don't look" don't wrote:
One is bad,two is criminal. Geez!!

http://tinyurl.com/6csdad

http://tinyurl.com/655f8b

If Stein was selling them, they'd be described as "just a whisper
away" from MS63!
Old July 11th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

wrote:

"don't look" don't exclaimed in news:qyAdk.217330
:

One is bad,two is criminal. Geez!!

http://tinyurl.com/6csdad

http://tinyurl.com/655f8b

Gotta save those pictures for when someone asks me "what does a whizzed
coin look like?"

And "What does it look like when I let the camera lens reflect in what
I'm photographing".

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 11th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

The definition of the feathers are spectacular! I usually avoid any
auction that has "L@@K" in the header as well.