Fisher Linear-tracking Turntables... :-(

Old May 30th 06, 12:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default DUMB ASS Scarborough thought Technics didn't make linear turntables

On 29 May 2006 08:45:54 -0700, "
wrote:

let's have a recap:

When I stated I owned a Technics linear tracking turntable, Bob replies
with this:

From: DeserTBoB
You ****wad....Technics never SOLD a linear tracker. Do you even know
what a "linear tracker" is? No, as usual.

More BS from the king of BS.

Then when I showed him where he was wrong, he posted this:

From: DeserTBoB

I've never seen one. My mistake.

Now, people, you be the judge- who was "wrong as usual" ?? Notice in
the thread, how there is his usual line of denial and insults, before
finally admitting he was wrong. snip

Yeah, but I had fun watching you go bananas!

JUMP, Noodles, JUMP!
Old June 3rd 06, 03:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Yikes.

Anyway, Technics' Direct Drive TTs were great- no rumble because they
were magnetically-driven. Or, at least mine is. I'm not sure about a
linear-tracker though; Grados have to track at 1.5 grams but most of
the linears I've seen are set automatically at 1.25.

Another thing- all the Grado Prestige cartridges will decode Quad LPs,
even the 'starter' cartridge, the Black.

How are the Quad mixes on "The Best of The Doors"? Anyone have a Q8
(or Quad LP and proper decoding equipment) of it they can dub for me,
in exchange for a 4-track of Simon and Garfunkel's "Parsley, Sage,
Etc"? I'll supply the Quad blank! Pleeeease????