A pleasant result...

Old March 22nd 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default A pleasant result...

My wife and I grabbed a bite of supper last night at a seafood place. It's
the kind of place where you order, pay right then, find a seat, and then go
pick up your grub when your number is called. Consequently, you never
actually have a "server" to wait on you, as such.

I noted a young man there bussing tables, and during the time that I
observed his work, there was never any tip on the table that I could see.
He came by and offered to take our plates after we were finished and were
about to leave. As we exited the place, I slipped over and asked him how
long it had been since someone had left him a couple of Ike dollars. He
replied, "Never, sir!" He was extremely excited to see the coins when I
handed them to him, and he showered me with thanks. That was one of the
best "Ike experiences" that I've had...

Señor Amistad
'Ikes rock!'

Old March 22nd 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Señor Amistad" wrote in
:

[...]

You rock!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old March 22nd 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Señor Amistad" wrote in message
[...]

You are a true gentleman and a scholar!

Mr. Jaggers
'one who knows 'em when he sees 'em'

Old March 23rd 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Senor. You're a nice guy, so few of you guys around anymore. When you
run out of Ikes try two dollar bills. They aren't rare but they are
unusual to see in circulation in todays world. Peoples eyes 'light up'
when I pass they out as tips.

Old March 23rd 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Lowell Kempton" offered a helpful tip (no pun intended) with:
Senor. You're a nice guy, so few of you guys around anymore. When you
run out of Ikes try two dollar bills. They aren't rare but they are
unusual to see in circulation in todays world. Peoples eyes 'light up'
when I pass they out as tips.

10-4 on the giving of deuces as tips, Lowell. I've been doing that myself
for lots of years. Just in the past year or so have I also been giving Ikes
as tips here and there. Both of them are fun to use and see the reactions
that are generated by such tips...

Señor Amistad

Old March 23rd 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Do you know where I could 2 dollar bills? I
bank at Washington Mutual. I doubt they would have those? What about
Bank of America? Obviously, getting them off e-bay would be too
expensive. How do you guys get them? I only 3 2 dollar bills and they
are special star notes from Atlanta in a sealed up plastic...

Old March 23rd 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Basil.
I pick up mine from my bank. Sometimes they run out so they just order a
bunch in for me. I love the darn things. If I'm not mistaken (but I
could be & I'm sure someone will correct me knowing this thread) This
will be the last year that the $2.00 bills will be printed, so you may
want to order a bunch for yourself. Just ask for the vault manager to
order them for you.

Old March 24th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

BASIL wrote:
Do you know where I could 2 dollar bills? I
bank at Washington Mutual. I doubt they would have those? What about
Bank of America? Obviously, getting them off e-bay would be too
expensive. How do you guys get them? I only 3 2 dollar bills and they
are special star notes from Atlanta in a sealed up plastic...

============
Besides halves, my bank carries the $2 also. Haven't picked up any in
a while, usually stock up on them before heading to Vegas and using for
tips. Means nothing out there, should do it here where I've had
cashiers take money out of their wallets and put in the register to
hold onto the $2 bills I was using as payment.

On the halves, I really just search through them and turn them back in,
guess I should spread some of them around also.

I'm going to ask some people I know to ask their banks if they carry
Ikes. That is people I know who actually see a teller. Dang ATM's.

Old March 26th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Lowell Kempton wrote:
Basil.
I pick up mine from my bank. Sometimes they run out so they just order a
bunch in for me. I love the darn things. If I'm not mistaken (but I
could be & I'm sure someone will correct me knowing this thread) This
will be the last year that the $2.00 bills will be printed, so you may
want to order a bunch for yourself. Just ask for the vault manager to
order them for you.

I thought 2 dollar bills haven't been printed since 1996 or
so? The 2 dollar bills I have are from 1995 Atlanta issue.

Basil

Old March 26th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

BASIL wrote:

I thought 2 dollar bills haven't been printed since 1996 or
so? The 2 dollar bills I have are from 1995 Atlanta issue.

Basil

Nope....still being printed. I believe the current notes are Series 2003