Professional Grading

Old August 16th 03, 11:05 PM
Ed Hendricks

Default Professional Grading

"Paul" wrote in message news:3f3e9981$1@news.
I used to actively collect coins many years ago and I have a few
relatively rare coins such as a 1909-s VDB in EX Fine condition and a
1932-S Washington quarter in some type of UNC condition.
I don't plan to sell these coins (I plan to even purchase more) but I
know virtually nothing about professional coin grading.
Would it be advisable to send these coins out to be professionally
graded? Any advice on this matter is welcome.

--
Paul/Boston

IMO, for rare and very scarce coins it is always a good idea to get them
evaluated by one of the top third party services. i.e. PCGS, NGC, ANACS.
Mainly for the authentication rather than the grade. One thing is for sure,
you will not live forever. You would be wise to leave your heirs coins that
they can be sure are authentic and desirable.........particularly if they
decide to sell them after your death.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621