Anyone in VA area go to see Obama speak?

Old August 21st 08, 03:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Anyone in VA area go to see Obama speak?

Well, a few places around here Obama is speaking (sold out crowds they
say so no going to Oscar Smith high school in Chesapeake tomorrow) so
did anyone go? I guess about now, there's no way to get a graph.

Also, Heard the Jonas Brothers were here and over 5,000 teens came to
see them at the Navy base so they all put their names in a box and
they drew out 150 to meet them. The funniest thing was this radio
host said her daughter hated them and so on air, she called the
daughter and said "good news, we can go tonight to the concert because
I am covering it" and her 13 year old said something along the lines
of hope you have fun cause there's no way I am going! LOL

Also has anyone ever written to Tim Kaine (our gov?)? Word has it
he's very high on the short list for VP. Might be time to try to
get a graph before he's impossible to reach.

Oh, got one today too, forgot to mention it here (posted address on
the groups): Jenna Fisher from the Office.

Old August 21st 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Well, I never said I wanted any of those... if I had, I'd be down
there. Of course you are hearing from your brother in arms about the
janitor... yeah, I know you and find it very sad you resorted to this
attack; thought you might have had some class you brother in arms
doesn't; however, yep I want the Janitor's autograph who scrubbed the
floors and toilets on the Star Wars sets... (just in case you are
dense, that was sarcasm).

what you are best at.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:12:13 -0700, "2008ny"
wrote:

"Sue H" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Anyone's autograph you don't want ?
The guy that cut lawns around here is having a signing on Saturday,but he is
only signing his book,
no lawn mowers.
Sorry !!!

Old August 21st 08, 09:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

Let us know how the signing goes when he signs your book. I'm sure
you'll be first in line.

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old August 21st 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I'd actually NOT vote for Obama but would want his graphs. I started a
President/First Lady book collection. It's just started, but If he
becomes President, I'd like to have it.

Jonas brothers and all these celebs of now are not my thing.... the
janitor though, hey count me in!

Old August 21st 08, 11:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

To be honest, both suck and today just really made me see how moronic
and disassociated these two really are.

Here you have Obama dissing McCain on the question of how many homes
he has (four residences and 3 for income investments). He seemed to
be joking that McCain thinks 5 million is rich and here HE is too,
making 4 million last year and buying a million plus dollar home from
a shady character...

So all this bickering back and forth just gets on my nerves. Stop
talking crap and tell me exactly how I will be able to retire and not
work till 80. Tell me how my grandbaby will get help for college
because we can't afford it. Tell me how my sick mother who'll end up
in a state hell hole of a nursing home can be taken care of the
correct way. Tell me how there won't be a WWIII. That's what I wanna
know.

I am voting for anyone but these two. Hell, Hilary sucks too and I'd
pick her over them.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:59:36 -0700, "Tony Evans"
wrote:

"Sue H" wrote in message
.. .
I'd actually NOT vote for Obama but would want his graphs. I started a
President/First Lady book collection.

Well don't vote for McCain unless you want to see the country completely
destroyed. Bush already has the US halfway to 3rd world status.....McCain
will finish the job of driving the middle class to extinction and allowing
the infrastructure to further crumble into dust. Also, do you have the
First Ladies Fact Book by Bill Harris and The American President by the
Kunhardts? They are must haves for your collection.

Old August 21st 08, 11:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

PS No, never heard of that book. I only have a few signed books from
First ladies: Barbara Bush, Rosalyn Carter, Nancy Reagan and Hilary
Clinton so far.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:59:36 -0700, "Tony Evans"
wrote:

.. .

Old August 22nd 08, 12:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

I honestly don't think either candidate is worthy to head the local
PTA, much less the most important position in the country. On top of
that, both candidates have been wearing this summer's fashion way too
easily - the flip flops.

Obama's relatively short term in Senate doesn't show me how he's
qualified to be the leader of the country, other than he's over the
required age. His sudden rise from "who is he" to where he is now
seems WAY too fast to be on the up and up. Just because he has
celebrities backing him, or he has replaced Dr. Phil
as Oprah's puppet, does not mean he knows what to do with this
country.

McCain, I'm afraid, is too stuck in the past to lead us into the
future. I'm not hearing much different in his plans for the country
that are not already in place. Just a new coat of paint has been
added to make it seem new. True, he is a veteran and a POW and I
respect him for fighting for this country, but that just shows that he
knows how to be a part of war. Does he know how to wage peace?

I support the troops, but not the war. Obama is saying "get out now".
McCain is saying we'll stay there for the duration. How much longer
the war will last or how long the troops will be there is not the
problem. We need to be looking at ways to make Iraqi people stand up
and defend themselves and decide whether they want freedom. We need
to stop holding their hand. Regardless, today's news that there is a
4-year plan for removing the troops is just going to put a feather in
whoever is elected. Since the troops will supposedly return during
their term, they will surprisingly take credit for it as being their
plan all along.

This has been on my mind for months now. Who the candidate's running
mates are going to be is going to determine a lot of how I may vote
because THAT person is going to be the President. To be honest, I'm
afraid that if Obama is elected, some close-minded racist with a gun
will end his career. If McCain is elected, his health/age will most
likely determine the length of his career. Either way, I feel that
the VP is the one that is going to be leading the country by the end
of the term.

Finally, my leaning is more towards a write-in vote. I still think
Fred Thompson has made more sense than either of these two guys have
since their nominations. I don't think that a write-in vote has ever
been elected, but at least I know that I will have a clear conscious
with my vote.

--

Mike
Gummby3
-= Star Collector =-
www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

"Sue H" wrote in message
news
[...]

wrote:

. ..

Old August 22nd 08, 02:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Tony Evans[_4_]

"Sue H" wrote in message
PS No, never heard of that book. I only have a few signed books from
First ladies: Barbara Bush, Rosalyn Carter, Nancy Reagan and Hilary
Clinton so far.

Oh, I understand. Neither of the books I mentioned are signed. Just great
references and good reading. I only have a Barbara Bush signed book, but
would like to have the other first ladies signed books. I do have a White
House card signed by Grace Coolidge and a Betty Ford signed photo.
I am not voting for McCain or Obama. But would have voted for Ron Paul
since he wanted to abolish the IRS, NAFTA and dismantle the Federal Reserve
which keeps bailing out its wealthy friends in the mortgage and banking
industry while letting the little people lose their pensions, savings, etc.