I believe Obama is lying again about the capture & death of bin Laden.

Old May 5th 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A. Nony Moose[_2_]

Default I believe Obama is lying again about the capture & death of bin Laden.

"mazorj" wrote in message
This is an extreme "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. While
transparency always is the preferable course, you have to weigh the costs and
benefits. In this case very little would be gained by releasing the photos
and videos - can there be any realistic doubt that Osama is dead?

Of course there is "realistic doubt" that OBL is dead, you ninny.
Why the cover-up?
Why didn't they let a civilian pathologist do an autopsy?
Why the rush to dispose of the body?
And if by chance they really did kill OBL, it was a monumental act of stupidity.
Capturing him and interrogating him could have provided a wealth of information.
The American public is expected to believe "We are the government, trust us."
Well, I don't trust the government in general and I never believe anything Obama
says.
YMMV

Old May 5th 11, 04:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On May 5, 9:37*am, "A. Nony Moose" wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

[...]

One "released" photo that I was very impressed with was the group
photo of people in the OBL raid "situation room" and their positions
around the table, their positions in front of portable computers.
IMHO, the photos from the "situation room" are very telling.

oly

Old May 5th 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"A. Nony Moose" wrote in message
"mazorj" wrote in message
This is an extreme "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.
While transparency always is the preferable course, you have to weigh the
costs and benefits. In this case very little would be gained by
releasing the photos and videos - can there be any realistic doubt that
Osama is dead?

Of course there is "realistic doubt" that OBL is dead, you ninny.

Only in the minds of paranoids and trollers.

Why the cover-up?

There is no cover-up. Just a decision not to release a photo.

Why didn't they let a civilian pathologist do an autopsy?

Why should they? First, this was a military operation, and second, Cause of
Death: Obvious gunshot wound to head inflicted during armed assault on
deceased's lair.

Why the rush to dispose of the body?

To not give America-haters a rallying point and icon (the body). Better a
quick fait accompli than to get entangled in a useless argument after the
fact over what to do with the body, which in itself would further inflame
anti-American sentiment. The quick burial at sea also conformed to Islamic
law, violation of which would be a further propaganda sore point.

And if by chance they really did kill OBL, it was a monumental act of
stupidity.
Capturing him and interrogating him could have provided a wealth of
information.

Given that we would have to stick to the current, fairly benign rules for
interrogating terrorists, you think that the Prime Mover of terrorism is
going to tell us squat, let alone spill his guts? As if.

As with the photographs and the body, an alive Bin Ladn prisoner would
become a rallying point for America-haters. Even from sympathetic nations,
their issues of what to do with him would become a major distraction for the
government. Furthermore, we'll get a ton of useful information from the
computers and documents they brought back - far, far more thas Osama would
ever let on.

The American public is expected to believe "We are the government, trust
us."

No, the reasonable expectation is one of trust with a *healthy* amount of
skepticism. Automatically distrusting everything from government -
especially in a situation like this where the action was so monumental that
disbelief of it is in the same league with claiming that the moon landings
were faked - is *unhealthy* distrust.

Well, I don't trust the government in general and I never believe anything
Obama says.
YMMV

Therein lies your problem. You are the 180-degree polar opposite of what
you insultingly say about the American "sheeple".

If you want to troll, Bobsey Boy, get a boat, some fishing tackle, and go
1-2 miles north-northwest until you reach the Sound. Fishing with the gulls
may not be as much fun as phishing for gullibles, but if you skip the life
jacket, it will give one or two posters here (present company excepted) the
happy prospect of praying for a leak or sudden major squall. Then you'd
have the honor of a burial at sea just like your fellow paranoid Bin Ladn.

Old May 5th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"mazorj" wrote in message

[...]

Aw shucks, oly, don't be a sheeple. That was a doctored, repurposed shot of
a White House gathering to watch the royal wedding. Anyone frowning was
realizing that their bet that the bride and groom would drop the rings
wasn't going to pay off. :-)

Old May 5th 11, 05:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A. Nony Moose[_2_]

"mazorj" wrote in message
[...]

Back in the killfile you go, you curmdugeonly old *******, until you learn to
mind your manners.

Old May 5th 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message
[...]

We are the government is what our representative democracy is all about.

You are a loony.

JAM
Old May 5th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A. Nony Moose[_2_]

"Frank Galikanokus" wrote in message
"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message
[...]

Sticks and stones...
You appear to be extremely naive or just plain stupid.
Sine you have never posted anything of value, into the killfile you go.

Old May 5th 11, 06:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"mazorj" wrote in message
[...]

Pot, kettle, troll-boy.

Yes, I'm a curmudgeonly old ******* at times when it's warranted, but for
you it's SOP most of the time.

It's also SOP for you to killfile the messenger so you don't have to address
any aspect of my refutations of your moronic musings. If it weren't for the
distinct honor of it, I'd say "Please don't throw me into the briar patch!"

Old May 5th 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message
[...]

Hiya, Frank, welcome to the Bobsey Boy killfile clubhouse. Beer is in the
fridge, pizza is over there, and the wide-screen is tuned to sports. Relax
and enjoy our honorable shunning by the Loon of Long Island. Make the most
of it, it won't last long.

Old May 5th 11, 07:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message
[...]

Sine you have never posted anything of value, into the killfile you go.- Hide quoted text -

One shouldn't killfile Mr. Mazor. He is a fair proxy for what the
sheeple are "thinking", as well as a decent proxy for what "they" are
"thinking" in "The Beltway". If you disagree with Mr. Mazor, you have
to be (uncomfortably) closer to the truth than whatever he is.

oly