Toned SAE & Grading

Old February 22nd 12, 02:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dennis G Rears

Default Toned SAE & Grading

I will doing my 1st NGC submission in the next few weeks. I have addressed
this before the group before. I am thinking of submitting the reverse proof
2006 SAE. It is slightly toned. I know theoretically toning should not
affect grading but I am wondering if it affects the grading decision.

dennis

Old February 22nd 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Feb 21, 9:59*pm, "Dennis G Rears" wrote:
I will doing my 1st NGC submission in the next few weeks. I have addressed
this before the group before. I am thinking of submitting the reverse proof
2006 SAE. It is slightly toned. I know theoretically toning should not
affect grading but I am wondering *if it affects the grading decision.

dennis

I'd imagine the toning would hurt the grade only if it detracted from
the eye appeal. I've seen some rainbow-toned Morgans that held the
grade (MS) nicely. I've also seen similarly graded Morgans with no
toning that didn't look as nice, toning or no toning. Basically, it's
in the eye of the beholder.

Jerry