Chester A. Arthur

Old February 17th 12, 07:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

Default Chester A. Arthur

Yesterday would have been the bank release of the Chester A. Arthur
dollar coin. On the plus side, I did not have to plunk down $50 for two
rolls as I have been doing since the start of the series.
Unfortunately, the album I was building for my five-year-old niece will
now go unfinished. I will not be sending $39.95 plus $4.95 to the mint
for a $25 roll of circulation grade dollars.

Old February 17th 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

"Roßert G. Schaffrath" wrote:

Yesterday would have been the bank release of the Chester A. Arthur
dollar coin. On the plus side, I did not have to plunk down $50 for two
rolls as I have been doing since the start of the series.
Unfortunately, the album I was building for my five-year-old niece will
now go unfinished. I will not be sending $39.95 plus $4.95 to the mint
for a $25 roll of circulation grade dollars.

Just buy one from dealer or on eBay.

BTW, dead presidents? A collection of allegorical images of Liberty would be a much more
attractive gift.

JAM
Old February 17th 12, 10:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Feb 17, 2:29*pm, "Roßert G. Schaffrath"
wrote:
Yesterday would have been the bank release of the Chester A. Arthur
dollar coin. *On the plus side, I did not have to plunk down $50 for two
rolls as I have been doing since the start of the series.
Unfortunately, the album I was building for my five-year-old niece will
now go unfinished. *I will not be sending $39.95 plus $4.95 to the mint
for a $25 roll of circulation grade dollars.

I called the Mint a couple of weeks ago aboutthe direct ship of ten
rolls, specifically the mint mark mix. The girl said you had to take
your chances. You might get all P's, all D's or a combination of the
two. I plan on taking a shot and see what happens.

Jerry
Old February 21st 12, 03:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

wrote:
Yesterday would have been the bank release of the Chester A. Arthur
dollar coin. *On the plus side, I did not have to plunk down $50 for two
rolls as I have been doing since the start of the series.
Unfortunately, the album I was building for my five-year-old niece will
now go unfinished. *I will not be sending $39.95 plus $4.95 to the mint
for a $25 roll of circulation grade dollars.

I called the Mint a couple of weeks ago aboutthe direct ship of ten
rolls, specifically the mint mark mix. The girl said you had to take
your chances. You might get all P's, all D's or a combination of the
two. I plan on taking a shot and see what happens.

When I search the US Mint website for "direct ship", I get links to
specific releases, all of which say they are sold out. Are they still
doing direct ship? Are they still doing direct ship of Native American
dollars? And will there be a 2012 Native American dollar? (Yes, I have
seen the 2012 design. But I have yet to see anywhere I can buy any of
them.)

Old February 21st 12, 10:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Feb 21, 10:11*am, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:

wrote:
[...]

When I called, the Direct Ship Program was still going on, and the
girl I spoke to said they were still doing it. Having checked the
Mint's web site just now, Arthur Dollars have been delayed, and
there's nothing listed on their Upcoming Availability list. We'll
have to keep checking.

Jerry

Da Vinci At The Chester Beatty Museum - Dublin - Ireland cypher General 0 June 28th 07 01:58 AM
Arthur Morrison Dan Morrison Books 7 March 19th 04 01:44 AM
Bea Arthur in my mailbox? Mr.Wayne Gibson Autographs 0 February 14th 04 12:08 AM
PING: Arthur Hagen George V. Huse, Jr. Coins 1 August 30th 03 02:33 PM