Disabling VOICE For Transport (Barbie Princess/Pauper Set)

Old December 14th 04, 05:01 AM

Default Disabling VOICE For Transport (Barbie Princess/Pauper Set)

Greetings.

Perhaps someone can help us out here. We were packing up The Big Box
that we send back to New Jersey via UPS 3 or 4 days before we fly back
for the holidays. It's got all the presents in it. Anyway, we got the
Barbie Princess/Pauper deal for one of my nieces. Was starting to seal
and apply the exoskeleton to The Big Box when all of the sudden we
heard singing! It was the package --- both dolls ---- SINGING LIKE THEY
DIDN'T HAVE A CARE IN THE WORLD! They both sing! Who knew? Both have a
button on the front of the package that lets you hear a sample of them
singing. Since we couldn't find a way to disable the singing for
transport, we yanked it from The Big Box and will deal with getting it
back to Jersey through some other method.

I see some pink wires in there leading to the sample button and I just
want to cut them. The theory: this will disable voice for transport.
But it also might totally wreck the singing function. And we don't want
to do that. But still, I want to cut the pink wires. If that doesn't
work, I'm just going to have to put the whole thing in with my laptop
and take it on the plane as carry-on. Having the two of them singing,
we figured, would be a red flag to open the suitcase. Or The Big Box as
it squirts through the chutes and ladders of UPS-land.

Any suggestions on disabling voice for transport?
Thanks Much,
Jim & Lisa

Old December 14th 04, 12:34 PM
HdMrs. Salacia the Overseer

On 13 Dec 2004 21:01:23 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Hand it to another child. They'll disable it REAL GOOD!

Salacia II III II

Peace On Earth

So the party MUST be on Mars
Old December 14th 04, 01:52 PM
Barbara

You might want to call the 1-800 # on the box ,and talk to a rep.

wrote:
[...]

Remove SPAMBLOCK from email address to reply

Old December 14th 04, 03:13 PM
Reverend Kenny

Take out the batteries?

--
Illuminations,
Reverend Kenny

For every extremist, there is an equal and opposite extremist...
Old December 14th 04, 06:02 PM
ouroboros rex

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

remove battery

Old December 14th 04, 08:42 PM
polar bear

In article , "ouroboros rex"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

But, But... batteries are NOT INCLUDED!!

OMG!!!!!

pb
Old December 14th 04, 11:08 PM
HellPope Huey

In article ,
"ouroboros rex" wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Any suggestions on disabling voice for transport?

remove battery

Give them books instead of toys so you have someone interesting to talk
with in your old age. A book can be useful long after your dog Gus has
chewed one of Barbie's legs off and then Janey stuck her in the garbage
disposal and then off to the dump she went.

However, I *would* like a Batman figure that shoots REAL sleep darts.

--

HellPope Huey
Everyone put your left shoe in this bag

I was brought up in that other service;
but I knew from the first that the Devil
was my natural master and captain and friend.
I saw that he was in the right
and that the world cringed to his conqueror only from fear.
- George Bernard Shaw, "The Devil's Disciple"

God does not play dice with the universe;
He plays an ineffable game of his own devising,
which might be compared,
from the perspective of any of the other players,
to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker
in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes,
with a dealer who won't tell you the rules
and who smiles all the time.
- Gaiman and Pratchett's "Good Omens"
Old December 15th 04, 02:08 AM

It's too late for that... WAY too late... looks like we're just gonna
hafta take it on as carry-on... and stop it from talking manually as
needed...