Does anyone........

Old November 26th 03, 11:17 PM
Wanderer

Default Does anyone........

...... ever actually talk about dolls, or is this a forum for lots of
people just trying to make a fast buck?
Old November 27th 03, 04:50 AM
Kris Lewis

A couple of us do, but this is a pretty quiet board. I don't have anything to sell, and I
do all my buying on eBay. Maybe everyone's just too busy playing with dolls.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:17:51 +0000, Wanderer wrote:

|..... ever actually talk about dolls, or is this a forum for lots of
|people just trying to make a fast buck?

Kris Lewis

I asked God for strength, and He gave me Richard, my hero, my inspiration, my reason to breathe, and my one true love.
Old November 27th 03, 09:23 AM
Wanderer

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:50:40 GMT, Kris Lewis wrote:

A couple of us do, but this is a pretty quiet board. I don't have anything to sell, and I
do all my buying on eBay. Maybe everyone's just too busy playing with dolls.

Pity, my wife and I have just got into making porcelain dolls from
scratch, would have been nice to find some like-minded people out
there......
Old November 29th 03, 01:31 PM
Don & Janice Watt

Yes ......It is nice to be in touch with like minded people, but it is
also nice to read the ads.It keeps the"Old Fogies" up to date with what
is current in the doll world!
I think I was born loving dolls.
At the end of March I had my vision in my one (and only)eye restored and
I have been trying to get back in the groove of doing porcelain dolls
ever since.Question...what is the advantage (if any)of using water based
medium over oil and is this mathod any more difficult than using oil?
Happy Dolling,
Janice
P.S. Does anyone remember the child`s book called Little Sally Mandy?
Who was the author? I am going to try and find it. I thought the
illustrations were precious. J

Old December 4th 03, 11:27 PM
Dawn

Janice
P.S. Does anyone remember the child`s book called Little Sally Mandy?
Who was the author? I am going to try and find it. I thought the
illustrations were precious. J

The author was Helen R. Van Derveer.

I find that most doll collecting forums are ads and drop-ins looking
for help identifying a doll never to be heard from again. I enjoy
researching for people but I to wish there were more chatty people.

Dawn