China doll head sought

Old July 7th 05, 06:00 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Default China doll head sought

I am looking for a head for a china doll to match one I had as a child.
I would have been given this doll -- a reproduction of a 19th century
doll, I believe, with fabric body and china head, hands, and feet -- in
the late 1950s or early 1960s. She had a center part, and the hair kind
of poofed up a bit on either side of the part. The hair was a golden
brown, almost a strawberry blonde.

This was the original head for my china doll. I accidentally broke it
when I was young, and it was replaced by a black-haired head. I would
like to restore the original head.

Can anyone point me to resources? What I think would be ideal would be
a website where I could browse images of heads and find the one that
looks like the one that was broken, then see about getting it. Just to
have an image of the head would be helpful, even if I can't get it to
replace the head on the doll.

Thanks!

Priscilla

Old July 11th 05, 07:08 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

In article ,
Nurse Edna wrote:

[...]

I tried a few googles including "mark farmer" and "doll" or "china doll"
without much luck. I gather Mark Farmer is no longer in business?

Priscilla
Old July 12th 05, 05:55 PM
Don & Janice Watt

Hi,
I find that I have more doll luck with the search, Mamma.com.
Janice

Old July 14th 05, 07:13 AM
Nurse Edna

I think they went out of business in the 1970s but the dolls are
around

Old July 14th 05, 07:14 AM
Nurse Edna

I had nver heard of that one
Thanks for the tip

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:55:06 -0400, Don & Janice Watt
wrote:

Hi,
I find that I have more doll luck with the search, Mamma.com.
Janice

Old July 14th 05, 06:06 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

In article ,
Nurse Edna wrote:

I think they went out of business in the 1970s but the dolls are
around

I'm now thinking my best bet is to buy an old catalog of theirs and take
a gander.

Priscilla

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK Dolls & Misc. Items--- F S Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:49 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM