Grading Opinion

Old June 5th 04, 12:27 PM
Brian Hartman

Default Grading Opinion

Old June 5th 04, 12:38 PM
James Higby

I won't attempt to grade from the scan, but do I see a rim disturbance at
about 4:00?

Old June 5th 04, 01:02 PM
Larry Louks

Brian Hartman wrote:
How would you grade this coin, from the picture? It's on ebay and I'm
thinking of bidding.

It would be helpful if we had both sides of the coin to evaluate. The
observe image that you have posted was photographed in such a way that it
has distracting shadows that prevent the viewer from seeing the coin "head
on." Without being able to see the reverse, I'd grade the coin at Extremely
Fine to Almost Uncirculated.

Larry
'Walkers rock!'

Old June 5th 04, 04:37 PM
Jerry Dennis

I'm with Larry on this one. A better picture and a picture of the reverse
would help, but from what I can tell, it should grade EF-40/45. Wear is
evident on the right arm, breast and left hand. No evidence of cleaning that I
can see.

And it may be a photo glitch but something is up at the 4:00 position. Not
major, but something.

Jerry

Hi, Everyone.

http://www2.suite224.net/~sanderson/coins/a37a.jpg

Old June 5th 04, 04:49 PM
Wes Chormicle

Maybe dipped??

I was thinking XF+ but I'm no expert on WL's

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Brian Hartman wrote:
How would you grade this coin, from the picture? It's on ebay and I'm
thinking of bidding.

It would be helpful if we had both sides of the coin to evaluate. The
observe image that you have posted was photographed in such a way that it
has distracting shadows that prevent the viewer from seeing the coin "head
on." Without being able to see the reverse, I'd grade the coin at

Extremely
Fine to Almost Uncirculated.

Larry
'Walkers rock!'

---

Old June 5th 04, 05:17 PM
Bob Peterson

xf with a caveat

looks like some kind of mechanical damage along the rim at about 5 o'clock

Old June 5th 04, 05:17 PM
Bob Peterson

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Maybe dipped??

I was thinking XF+ but I'm no expert on WL's

I'm not an expert on any coins but I don't think its been dipped, not real
harshly anyway.