Romania~The Cuza Facsimile.

Old May 29th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Romania~The Cuza Facsimile.

Here is what I assume to be the Fournier facsimile
http://cjoint.com/data/fDpGcWe47N.htm

If anyone has a good image of the genuine stamp
it would be nice to compare.
Thanks.

Old May 29th 09, 07:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 29, 9:35*am, "rodney" wrote:
Here is what I assume to be the Fournier facsimilehttp://cjoint.com/data/fDpGcWe47N.htm

If anyone has a good image of the genuine stamp
it would be nice to compare.
Thanks.

How to tell the forgeries. Also, postmark could be forged.
http://www.romaniastamps.com/forg/forgeframe.htm

Blair

Old May 29th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Cheers Blair,
immediately recognisable via the net pattern under the "Romana"
(they had typo "gitter" = grid?)
Supposedly the forged postmark was Spiro,
but any self respecting forger would be ashamed of such an effort, I would
think.

Old May 30th 09, 10:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

On May 29, 4:35*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Here is what I assume to be the Fournier facsimilehttp://cjoint.com/data/fDpGcWe47N.htm

If anyone has a good image of the genuine stamp
it would be nice to compare.
Thanks.

Hi - is not a Fournier (he was a clever man and a great designer). It
is a caricature - now often encountered on ebay or in some
"collections" for sale. In my opinion this design was taken from an
old page album where - as you know - the designs was'nt like the
originals....The moron who produced this stamp has not the original
stamp in front of his eyes and also has no knowledge about Romanian
language. As you can see on the top of the forged stamp - the stupid
faker wrote: DOUA DECI PAR which means 20 (twenty parale). In the
corners you can see the number: 2 which is noted like: DOUA PARALE
(TWO PARALE)

The "Prince Cuza" issue had 3 stamps = 2 parale orange (and many
shades, from citron-yellow to brown-orange); 5 parale Blue and 20
parale brick-red
the value in letters placed on top horizantal - DOUA PARALE ; CINCI
PARALE; DOUA DECI PAR. Printed on normal white, azure or yellowish
paper ar on Laid paper and lithographed at LTHO S. SANDER &COMP. in
Bucharest. All 3 stamps imperforated.

You can find follow the link manny CUZA forged stamps
http://casacudor.googlepages.com/186...iforgeriesfaux

Thanks Rodney for the pics - I use them on my page. You can find there
"the brother" of your stamp : 20 PARALE red with text: DOUA PARALE - I
think that the same moron make also this one.

hopping to be usefull
best regards,
Anton
Old May 30th 09, 12:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

On May 30, 12:46*pm, CASACUDOR wrote:
On May 29, 4:35*pm, "rodney" wrote:

Here is what I assume to be the Fournier facsimilehttp://cjoint.com/data/fDpGcWe47N.htm

If anyone has a good image of the genuine stamp
it would be nice to compare.
Thanks.

You can find follow the link manny CUZA forged stamps http://casacudor.googlepages.com/186...lsuriforgeries...

what do you say about this one?

http://www.sandafayre.com/webauction...Param=53121371

are certain situations when the big ones becomes ...to small . The
above link show one of them .
PS - I keep for evidence the screenshots with the forged stamp !!! and
forged cancellation !!!

Hope to be useful
Anton

Old May 30th 09, 01:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Hello Anton,
thanks very much for your advice,
fascinating stuff.
More forgeries than you point a stick at.

"CASACUDOR"
Hi - is not a Fournier (he was a clever man and a great designer). It
is a caricature - now often encountered on ebay or in some
"collections" for sale. In my opinion this design was taken from an
old page album where - as you know - the designs was'nt like the
originals...

Pre-print /facsimile ? [email protected] Autographs 1 March 31st 05 01:41 AM
Fake or Facsimile? Diane Books 12 June 5th 04 11:03 PM
Facsimile Dustwrappers Giltedge04 Books 3 June 5th 04 07:39 PM
Holograph or facsimile? John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 14 May 21st 04 11:01 AM
facsimile dust jackets Jason Bennett Books 4 September 25th 03 10:29 AM