Elcaset- worth a try

Old March 12th 07, 05:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Elcaset- worth a try

On 12 Mar 2007 05:43:51 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

Doesn't
mean what they're running to is "better"- this will all change soon,
because there are now NINE coal-to-oil synthetic plants being built in
the USA right now, that will be up and running in about a year, and
will produce 3 billion barrels of oil per year. Just like the Germans
did in WWII. We also have a million barrels a day coming from
Alberta, Canada from the oil sand plants. When the syn plants start
pumping it out, the supply will grow, price will fall, and people will
want that that new Hemi V-8 Challenger. snip

Fatal flaw in this: It takes mas much petroenergy to extract the oil
from the tar sands and to get the synoil out of bituminous coal as the
finished product provides. Net gain: zero.

Try driving an electric car in the Rockies states, or back here in the
hilly northeast- not going to fly- they cost 2X a gas car, with less
power. Electric is a loser. snip

Wrong again. The Prius has more power than many of its similarly
sized competitors. The GM EV-1 had accelleration equivalent to a
mid-sized V6, and it was a plug-in only. GM has really ****ed up on
electric, because one of their divisions has had experience with
electric traction drive since 1930...ElectroMotive. What experience
and design accumen did GM get from EMD to guide their electric
traction experiments? None. Duhhhhhhhh....

Publicly available images, Noodles. Sorry...doesn't wash. But yes,
you DO look amazingly like Pauly Walnuts!

I'm talking about what it does to your reputation, and how it appears
to the average law enforcement officer. It goes far to show the
nature of your character. snip

And your thousands of posts since 2002 don't? Remember, all those
hundreds of post you THINK you've deleted are still around...and all
of them are on Googles' archives, whether you deleted them or not.
Thank the "Patriot Act" for that! And yes, I still have your entire
output on my hard drive...with backups...including all your psychotic
outbursts, the posts of maps to my home, everything.

Sort of like being stuck in Bumler, eh??

BML is a mighty bit better than Lancaster, CA. snip

LMAO! Then why can I buy FOUR houses near you for the proceeds I'd
get from selling mine here?

Resale value means everything. snip

Not when you "buy high, sell low" it doesn't.

Not always. Past 30 IPS, speed DETRACTS from audio frequency response
flatness in the bottom end. It's a function of head geometry versus
tape speed.

Well no kidding- because no one runs a reel past 30 IPS anyway.
You'd need a reel of tape the size of a powerline reel. snip

Stunod! 30 IPS was the studio mastering standard for many years and
used either 10½ NAB reels or 16 pancakes.

Why bother- run the line outs through a multi-band external EQ and
adjust using a spectrum analyzer. It's not a matter of how to do it,
it's who thought of the idea first. In this case, that's me. snip

LMAO! People have been doing that for DECADES to transcribe pre-RIAA
LPs and tapes recorded at different speeds. Some brilliant "new idea"
you have there, Noodles!

I like blue chip investments.

Jealousy will get you nowhere.. In the course of this ONE POST,
you've gone from sensible response to rabid ravings. Say it, don't
spray it. snip

More "projection" from a paranoid delusional. Don't expect to pay for
Charlie III's education (or legal fees) from the profit you get off
that Elcaset...it's not gonna happen.
Old March 12th 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 12 Mar 2007 05:12:59 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

Yet in retrospect, the Elcaset has the obvious technical edge. Wider
tape + higher speed = improved fidelity over the Philips. snip

Speed isn't everything. Several other technical issues apply to go
toward overall "fidelity," Noodles.

The Philips cassettes always sounded like a POS to me- no matter what
they were played on- the sound is blurred and they are high end
response challenged. The high-end response on a Philips sounds faked. snip

"Faked?" Like your phony "alignment" tapes? LMAO

A dead format with more potential than either, is the 1950's RCA
cassette, which the Philips was based on. The RCA machines could be
adjusted to 1-7/8 or 3.75 IPS snip

I remember those things...another dismal marketplace failure.

The RCA cartridge was large, 7 _ inches by 5 inches by _-inch thick
using _-inch tape at a selectable rate of 3.75 ips or 1 7/8 ips for
total recording times of 30 or 60 minutes respectively. snip

The RCA system was a collosal failure for several reasons, one being
horrid reliability.
Old March 12th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

On Mar 12, 11:15 am, DeserTBoB wrote:
On 12 Mar 2007 05:12:59 -0700, "duty-honor-country"

Speed isn't everything. Several other technical issues apply to go
toward overall "fidelity," Noodles.

Depends on what you're comparing it to- if you're using Philips
cassette at 1-7/8, speed can only help. That's a pitiful low speed.
8's are better at 3.75 IPS, but 7.5 IPS is better yet.

With regard to home audio using analog tape, speed is everything- the
problem is one can only go so "fast", it's difficult to find a home
recording machine with speeds over 15 IPS- most 1/4" 4-track decks
will do 15 IPS with the capstan sleeve- but lack the built in EQ for
that speed- Akai is one example

"Faked?" Like your phony "alignment" tapes? LMAO

that's not what the buyer feedback says- you know the old saying, the
customer's always right.

I remember those things...another dismal marketplace failure.

since when is market success a measure of product capability ?

lots of things were marketplace failures, that doesn't mean they were
no good- the 426 Hemi was a market failure too, was installed in only
about 6000 cars or so from the factory- yet the Hemi design dominates
drag racing until today

I don't place product loyalty based on what the average American
consumer buys- these are the same people that bought the pet rock-
that's a **** poor measure of product capability- McDonald's also
sells a lot of hamburgers, but I would not recommend eating there...

The RCA system was a collosal failure for several reasons, one being
horrid reliability.

and then it was improved into the Philips and Elcaset- the latter
being the best version, from a technical standpoint- highest tape
speed, widest track width

Old March 12th 07, 06:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 12 Mar 2007 10:16:20 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

On Mar 12, 11:15 am, DeserTBoB wrote:
On 12 Mar 2007 05:12:59 -0700, "duty-honor-country"

Speed isn't everything. Several other technical issues apply to go
toward overall "fidelity," Noodles.

Depends on what you're comparing it to- if you're using Philips
cassette at 1-7/8, speed can only help. That's a pitiful low speed.
8's are better at 3.75 IPS, but 7.5 IPS is better yet.

With regard to home audio using analog tape, speed is everything- the
problem is one can only go so "fast", it's difficult to find a home
recording machine with speeds over 15 IPS- most 1/4" 4-track decks
will do 15 IPS with the capstan sleeve- but lack the built in EQ for
that speed- Akai is one example snip

I'm not going to tell you how you screwed THIS argument up, Noodles.
It's obvious you know ugats around tape equalization.

"Faked?" Like your phony "alignment" tapes? LMAO

that's not what the buyer feedback says- you know the old saying, the
customer's always right. snip

No, they're not. Fraudsters like you fleece unknowing and
unsuspecting buyers. I've got emails from several of them complaining
about your fraud tapes, but most don't want to deal with it. I also
know you've had to write MANY "refund checks" due to your fake tapes.

I remember those things...another dismal marketplace failure.

since when is market success a measure of product capability ? snip

It's not. It's a measure of market success. No one in their right
mind would buy a 426 hemi for a street car, unless they were into the
car for racing. The 426 was a "pretige" leader for Chrysler...people
would talk about how great they were, then go down and buy a slant 6
or 318 Dart. GM did the same thing with the Corvette and the Eldorado
in the '50s....loss leaders to get "buzz" in the marketplace. Ford
did it in late '54 with the original T-bird.

The RCA system was a collosal failure for several reasons, one being
horrid reliability.

and then it was improved into the Philips and Elcaset- the latter
being the best version, from a technical standpoint- highest tape
speed, widest track width snip

Huge honking cassettes, no application outside the home, failure to
have a companion car audio product, the rumors of the coming
CD-A...all considered to kill Elcaset before it started. People in
the high end market already knew about the coming IEC standards
change, Dolby "C" and even the CD-A...why go for better tape
performance when other, more usable format changes were coming?

It is correct, though...based on format alone, with tape speed and
track width being the only factors, Elcaset was the highest fidelity
"prepackaged" tape format ever sold. If it had shown up around 1965,
they MAY have made some sales in the US, but the product simply showed
up too late.
Old March 12th 07, 06:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Date: 12 Mar 2007 10:16:20 -0700

Home fooling around on "goo goo groopz" when you're supposed to be up
in Mountain Top flogging washers? You're late back from lunch,
Noodles!
Old March 12th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

On Mar 12, 11:12 am, DeserTBoB wrote:
On 12 Mar 2007 05:43:51 -0700, "duty-honor-country"

Fatal flaw in this: It takes mas much petroenergy to extract the oil
from the tar sands and to get the synoil out of bituminous coal as the
finished product provides. Net gain: zero.

wrong- it is costly, but with oil at $60, it's profitable and worth
it- the reason they never did it before, was oil was at $10 a barrel
when the idea was first developed- and not cost effective

it is now- they're shipping a million barrels of that sweet stuff over
to us daily from Canada, the canucks are our #1 oil importer, more
than the Arabs

Wrong again. The Prius has more power than many of its similarly
sized competitors. The GM EV-1 had accelleration equivalent to a
mid-sized V6, and it was a plug-in only. GM has really ****ed up on
electric, because one of their divisions has had experience with
electric traction drive since 1930...ElectroMotive. What experience
and design accumen did GM get from EMD to guide their electric
traction experiments? None. Duhhhhhhhh....

and how much does an electric car cost ? around $40 grand- not cost
effective- you can buy a new Saturn for $20K, and still have another
$20K for gas money, and have more power than the Prius

And your thousands of posts since 2002 don't? Remember, all those
hundreds of post you THINK you've deleted are still around...and all
of them are on Googles' archives, whether you deleted them or not.
Thank the "Patriot Act" for that! And yes, I still have your entire
output on my hard drive...with backups...including all your psychotic
outbursts, the posts of maps to my home, everything.

I'm not the one stalking 70 year old women on the net. You are.

LMAO! Then why can I buy FOUR houses near you for the proceeds I'd
get from selling mine here?

Then sell it and do it already- before that brush fire burns down your
whole town- how long has that been burning now ? (laughter..)

Not when you "buy high, sell low" it doesn't.

you need a refresher course on Elcaset values- the package deal I got
for $460 US included manual and remote

try to duplicate that- click US Dollars left side menu

http://www.audioscope.net/advanced_s...dc2fd8ad004234

the remote alone goes for $380 US

Stunod! 30 IPS was the studio mastering standard for many years and
used either 10½ NAB reels or 16 pancakes.

well no kidding, in a STUDIO, and those 30 IPS machines were
multitrack, so how wide is each track ? not too wide, with a 24 track
or 32 track machine

they don't use that in home consumer audio
they are reintroducing 15 IPS two track, not 30 IPS- the latter uses
too much tape- simply make it one direction stereo 2-track and use the
wider tape at the 15 IPS speed

http://www.analoglovers.com/page29.html

LMAO! People have been doing that for DECADES to transcribe pre-RIAA
LPs and tapes recorded at different speeds. Some brilliant "new idea"
you have there, Noodles!

then why are you recommending soldering caps in ? just set the curve
with an EQ before it hits the tape at 7.5 IPS

FYI, the Akai M8 is already EQ'd for 7.5 IPS

More "projection" from a paranoid delusional. Don't expect to pay for
Charlie III's education (or legal fees) from the profit you get off
that Elcaset...it's not gonna happen.

international market prices in Europe tell me you're wrong- again

http://www.audioscope.net/advanced_s...dc2fd8ad004234

Old March 13th 07, 12:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

On Mar 12, 12:35 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:
On 12 Mar 2007 10:16:20 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
I'm not going to tell you how you screwed THIS argument up, Noodles.
It's obvious you know ugats around tape equalization.

sounds engineers don't worry about "tape equalization"- they move the
EQ meters up 3dB and keep recording

No, they're not. Fraudsters like you fleece unknowing and
unsuspecting buyers. I've got emails from several of them complaining
about your fraud tapes, but most don't want to deal with it. I also
know you've had to write MANY "refund checks" due to your fake tapes.

the feedback for every tape says otherwise- you know the old adage- if
the customer is happy, everyone is happy

It's not. It's a measure of market success. No one in their right
mind would buy a 426 hemi for a street car, unless they were into the
car for racing.

those cars now auction in the millions $$$

The 426 was a "pretige" leader for Chrysler...people
would talk about how great they were, then go down and buy a slant 6
or 318 Dart.

wrong- the 426 was put in the street cars, specifically to legalize
the engine for NASCAR and NHRA SuperStock racing- to this day the
Hemis dominate the fastest SS classes- SS/A- they also dominated
NASCAR until the latter blackballed them, by capping engine size to
355 CID in the mid-1970's

Hemi Darts are the fastest "stock" cars to this day in NHRA- for
nearly 40 years now running

not bad for a marketing failure, eh ?

see it here

http://www.nhra.com/2001/news/august/083104.html

http://www.nhra.com/2004/news/August/080502.html

http://www.nhra.com/stats/ss_record.html

stick around, I'll learn ya...

GM did the same thing with the Corvette and the Eldorado
in the '50s....loss leaders to get "buzz" in the marketplace. Ford
did it in late '54 with the original T-bird.

Hemis eat Vettes and Caddys for lunch- the Hemi was an all-out racing
motor, custom hand-built in a lab by Chrysler, then mass produced on a
limited scale and shoehorned into street cars, to legalize it for
racing- NASCAR and NHRA had a 500 unit per year minimum rule at the
time- meaning at least 500 cars of each model had to be offered to the
public, to make it legal for racing- that's the ONLY reason there was
a 426 Street Hemi offered- Mopar had to sit out most of the 1965
season without the Hemi for that reason.

Huge honking cassettes, no application outside the home

, failure to
have a companion car audio product, the rumors of the coming
CD-A...all considered to kill Elcaset before it started.

reel to reel has no app outside the home either- most audiophile
formats don't- the real reason was, a sagging 1970's economy that led
cheap f-ks to buy cassettes instead- most guys that listened to
cassettes bummed cigarettes on a daily basis too...

People in
the high end market already knew about the coming IEC standards
change, Dolby "C" and even the CD-A...why go for better tape
performance when other, more usable format changes were coming?

Dolby means less than nothing- the CD, SACD, and DVD-A formats don't
even use it- how important can that be ?

It is correct, though...based on format alone, with tape speed and
track width being the only factors, Elcaset was the highest fidelity
"prepackaged" tape format ever sold. If it had shown up around 1965,
they MAY have made some sales in the US, but the product simply showed
up too late

considering that reel, 8-track, and cassette are all dead meat now
anyway, what's it matter ? the smart money is on choosing the best
tape format based on the build specs, not only the tech sheet- i.e. 8-
track sounds better than cassette, Elcaset will sound better than
either, the only improvement would be open reel at 7.5 IPS or faster

get a load of that 15 IPS, 2-track setup- now that's a cooking with
gas, take no prisoners tape format, if ever there was one !

Old March 13th 07, 12:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

On Mar 12, 12:36 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

Home fooling around on "goo goo groopz" when you're supposed to be up
in Mountain Top flogging washers? You're late back from lunch,
Noodles!

someday you'll realize, you're so far out in left field, you're out of
the ballpark altogether !

in the meantime, it's funny as hell to watch you put me in an identity
that is not me...

Old March 13th 07, 12:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

On Mar 12, 12:35 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

Huge honking cassettes, no application outside the home, failure to
have a companion car audio product, the rumors of the coming
CD-A...all considered to kill Elcaset before it started. People in
the high end market already knew about the coming IEC standards
change, Dolby "C" and even the CD-A...why go for better tape
performance when other, more usable format changes were coming?

ps- your previous posts give away your true desire for the Elcaset
system- don't deny it

you said:

"If I really wanted to explore "packaged" analog tape to its
farthest development, I'd get into Elcaset from Sony. Now THERE'S an
arcane format, and probably the best ever attempt to get RTR fidelity
from a cartridge of any sort."

see it he

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...7e02380df91ea2

Old March 13th 07, 02:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Charlie Nudo shows his ignorance yet again...twice.

On 12 Mar 2007 16:28:09 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

sounds engineers don't worry about "tape equalization"- they move the
EQ meters up 3dB and keep recording snip

There's no such thing as an "EQ meter"....stunod.

Dolby means less than nothing- the CD, SACD, and DVD-A formats don't
even use it- how important can that be ? snip

ROFLMAO! You seem to work hard to make yourself look stupid, don't
you? Dolby Noise Reduction is an ANALOG system designed to reduce
TAPE HISS....you know ugats, don't you....stunod?

considering that reel, 8-track, and cassette are all dead meat now
anyway, what's it matter ? the smart money is on choosing the best
tape format based on the build specs, not only the tech sheet- i.e. 8-
track sounds better than cassette, Elcaset will sound better than
either, the only improvement would be open reel at 7.5 IPS or faster

get a load of that 15 IPS, 2-track setup- now that's a cooking with
gas, take no prisoners tape format, if ever there was one ! snip

Duh...that's the standard recording industry standard, and has been
since around 1951. I have three Ampex machines that use that format.
The BEST mastering format is ½" 2 track, and has been since the '50s.
Most "garbage" rock/pop albums, however, were mastered on ¼" tape.
Groups and artists more concerned with fidelity (and whose masters
have been rereleased on digital formats) had theirs done on ½".

You really are a stunod.