AFree8

Old November 5th 05, 03:41 PM
ommadawn

Default AFree8

I bought a copy of the flat-pak years ago on Ebay-the sound is incredible!
Too bad the idiot never said it was spliced in 3 places!
(Looking for it ever since.)
I rather like the jumbled-up sequence on the Mothers tapes; '....Money' on
8-track is very weird in this regard.
Also, the 'A... Free' compact cassette has a slightly different edit on one
of the songs; just a different bit of silence on 'The Duke Of Prunes.'
Interesting!

Old November 5th 05, 07:15 PM
DeserTBoB

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:41:13 GMT, "ommadawn"
wrote:

I bought a copy of the flat-pak years ago on Ebay-the sound is incredible!
Too bad the idiot never said it was spliced in 3 places! snip

Gotta hate that. I had one that the moron spliced in four places
using foil (obviously didn't know what splicing tape was) so, you'd be
in a track, it'd change for no apparent reason, then, you'd go along
in the next track, and it'd change again...what a mess! Stripped that
one for the pinch roller and the rest went to garbage.

I rather like the jumbled-up sequence on the Mothers tapes; '....Money' on
8-track is very weird in this regard.
Also, the 'A... Free' compact cassette has a slightly different edit on one
of the songs; just a different bit of silence on 'The Duke Of Prunes.'
Interesting! snip

Yeah, I heard that! I never figured out what the extra pause was on
the cassette release of "Free," but it's there! I think you're also
right on "...Money" having a really weird track layout, obviously done
to conserve tape.

dB
Old November 5th 05, 11:12 PM
66FOURDOOR

actually, if used correctly and not too much, a small piece of sensing
foil on the back to splice a tape, works better than the white splicing
tape does- the sensing foil has a superior, stronger adhesive.

Old November 5th 05, 11:14 PM
66FOURDOOR

flatpacks do have incredible sound. You could tell the quality of the
carts was very good in the 1960's- other than the gooey roller ordeal

the later Columbia House carts are very good too- with superior pads
and great sound

RCA Music Service/Club carts of the 1980's, verily suck ! I have a
Hendrix Smash Hits that is basically unlistenable, yet a mint label.
Easy to tell it was dubbed at 2x speed or higher.

Old November 6th 05, 01:50 AM
DeserTBoB

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:15:23 -0800, DeserTBoB
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:41:13 GMT, "ommadawn"
wrote:

snip

My toilet flushed twice again! Noodles going swirling down the drain,
with his buddies Bush, Cheney, Rove and Libby! HAHAHAHAHA!
Old November 6th 05, 12:26 PM
66FOURDOOR

translation- after you read the entire email, realized you were proven
wrong, again- you deleted it- otherwise, how would you know the post
was mine ?

some guys just can't discuss 8-tracks in a friendly manner...oh well !

Old November 6th 05, 07:19 PM
DeserTBoB

wrote:

I bought a copy of the flat-pak years ago on Ebay-the sound is incredible!
Too bad the idiot never said it was spliced in 3 places! snip

Gotta hate that. snip

My toilet wav played again this morning. Gee, he sure hates being
down there in the kill file toilet with all the rest of the Usenet
trolls! Watch out, Noodles...more turds coming your way!
Old November 8th 05, 01:07 PM
66FOURDOOR

no toilets here, just posts- some people just can't discuss 8-tracks in
a friendly manner...every since those last 2 elections, they blew a
fuse !