Get On Vatican Mailing List?

Old March 22nd 04, 11:25 PM
Jack Russell

Default Get On Vatican Mailing List?

Here's an interesting auction.

It seems a bit risky to me. Surely the Vatican will allow a change of
address, but would they allow a change of name? If so, it just may be the
best way to get on the Vatican mailing list.

Jack

Old March 25th 04, 04:12 PM
Harv

"Jack Russell" wrote in message
om...
Here's an interesting auction.

It seems a bit risky to me. Surely the Vatican will allow a change of
address, but would they allow a change of name? If so, it just may be the
best way to get on the Vatican mailing list.

Jack

Have you looked at what this has been bid up to??.. I think the words
"sanity" and "check your medication" have come into play..

What guarantee does the person who pays this insane amount of money for
someone else's subscription have that The Pope is going to let it be
transferred to someone else to begin with??.. Further, even if it is
transferrable, what guarantee is there that anything that's ordered with the
form from its new subscriber will actually be fulfilled??.. None.

I've been on their subscription list for what, three years now, and have
received exactly one (1) thing I ordered, their first Euro Mint Sets, two of
them, back in 2002 (??).. Or was it 2001.. I can't remember any more.. the
Blue ones.. Since then, I've dutifully filled out and sent back every order
form they've sent me, within a day of receiving it, and have received
exactly nothing. No matter how I sent it back.. Air Mail, Globial Priority
Mail, Air Mail with a return receipt (which did come back..) .. or FAX..
nothing. I sent back the latest order form for their 2004 Sets a couple of
weeks ago. No charge yet. Expectations are low to zero.. Barry's been
luckier than I have, but I don't think even Lucky Barry has gotten
everything he's ordered..

So let some joker bid someone else's subscription form up to some ridiculous
number of dollars. Don't get rid of the $1.00 bill. Just replace George
Washinton's portrait with P.T. Barnum's..

Harv

--
All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

Old March 26th 04, 01:46 AM
Jack Russell

"Harv" wrote in message

[...]

Wow, $255 with 1 day left. This amount is I think is particularly foolish
because the value of Vatican Euro sets seems to be going down. The 2002 BU
set sold for around $900 on eBay (I haven't check it recently) and the 2003
BU set goes for about $350. Presumably, future issues will be even less
valuable.

Harv, you have unusually bad luck with these Vatican orders. Last year I
filled out my order form and the next day I got a new credit card
unexpectedly in the mail. My credit card company had been sold and the new
company decided to send me a new card and cancel my old one. So the Vatican
order form I had just mailed had a credit card number which was going to
expire in a couple of weeks. I sat down and wrote a letter to the Vatican
explaining the situation and included my new credit card info. I ended up
getting the BU set last year and they charged the credit card using the
information in the letter, not in the form.

I noticed your green coin has a few bids with 3 days left. I'm amazed at
the demand for those things.

Jack

Old March 26th 04, 09:31 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Jack Russell wrote:

Wow, $255 with 1 day left. This amount is I think is particularly foolish
because the value of Vatican Euro sets seems to be going down. The 2002 BU
set sold for around $900 on eBay (I haven't check it recently) and the 2003
BU set goes for about $350. Presumably, future issues will be even less
valuable.

They sure will. After all, most collectors of such coins want to have
one Vatican set, I think. If they happen to get a second or third set,
from other years, fine. But they are not willing to pay through the nose
for them on eBay and the like.

And since in 2004 more VA "circulation" coins are made than in previous
years, those that simply want eight papal euro coins will now have an
even wider choice ...

Christian
Old March 27th 04, 12:34 AM
Jack Russell

"Christian Feldhaus" wrote in message
Jack Russell wrote:

[...]

I wasn't aware that any Vatican euro coins were ever made for circulation.
I have seen sellers on eBay selling Monaco and San Marino euros which they
obtained from bank rolls, but I have never seen anyone selling Vatican euros
other than the BU and Proof sets. Could you explain what you mean by
"circulation"?

Jack

Old March 27th 04, 10:37 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Jack Russell wrote:

And since in 2004 more VA "circulation" coins are made than in previous
years, those that simply want eight papal euro coins will now have an
even wider choice ...

Christian

I wasn't aware that any Vatican euro coins were ever made for circulation.
I have seen sellers on eBay selling Monaco and San Marino euros which they
obtained from bank rolls, but I have never seen anyone selling Vatican euros
other than the BU and Proof sets. Could you explain what you mean by
"circulation"?

Jack

Right, the Vatican has not issued any loose circulation coins (in bags
or rolls) yet. That is why I wrote VA "circulation" coins and not VA
circulation coins ... ;-)

I was merely referring to the regular (1 cent to 2 euro) coins, as
opposed to commemorative Vatican coins (none have been issued yet) and
the VA collectors coins (ie. the silver and gold pieces) in other
denominations. Quite a few euro collectors are not interested in those
collectors coins, or maybe only in those of their own country, but want
to have the eight regular pieces ...

Christian

Polly Pockets with Dolls & Other PP Items F S Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:54 PM
Polly Pockets with Dolls & Other PP Items FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:51 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
Polly Pockets Inside Assorted Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 06:37 PM