new priority mail "small flat rate box"

Old January 20th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default new priority mail "small flat rate box"

"Chuck D'Ambra" wrote in message
As many of you already know, the U.S. Postal Service has just raised
rates again for priority mail. While checking on shipping costs for a
customer's order, I just noticed that there is now a "small flat rate
box" which can be sent from/to anywhere with a U.S. zip code for $4.95.
The dimensions are the same as the old small video priority mail box,
i.e. approximately 8.5 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches.

The small flat rate box will be great for those of us who ship small but
heavier items like coins. They can be ordered at the USPS web site and
may be available at your local post office.

Wow, that is good news!

Old January 20th 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chuck D'Ambra[_2_]

--

Chuck D'Ambra, Telesphere Numismatics
web site address: www.telecoins.com
Old January 21st 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Jan 19, 7:18�pm, "PC" wrote:
"Chuck D'Ambra" wrote in message

As many of you already know, the U.S. Postal Service has just raised
rates again for priority mail. �While checking on shipping costs for a
customer's order, I just noticed that there is now a "small flat rate
box" which can be sent from/to anywhere with a U.S. zip code for $4.95.
The dimensions are the same as the old small video priority mail box,
i.e. approximately 8.5 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches.

The small flat rate box will be great for those of us who ship small but
heavier items like coins. �They can be ordered at the USPS web site and
may be available at your local post office.

Wow, that is good news!

It sure is. Here's the link from the USPS website:

http://tinyurl.com/8aktc9

Jerry
Old January 21st 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chuck D'Ambra[_2_]

In article
,
Jerry Dennis wrote:

On Jan 19, 7:18?pm, "PC" wrote:
"Chuck D'Ambra" wrote in message

As many of you already know, the U.S. Postal Service has just raised
rates again for priority mail. ?While checking on shipping costs for a
customer's order, I just noticed that there is now a "small flat rate
box" which can be sent from/to anywhere with a U.S. zip code for $4.95.
The dimensions are the same as the old small video priority mail box,
i.e. approximately 8.5 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches.

The small flat rate box will be great for those of us who ship small but
heavier items like coins. ?They can be ordered at the USPS web site and
may be available at your local post office.

Wow, that is good news!

It sure is. Here's the link from the USPS website:

http://tinyurl.com/8aktc9

Jerry

A couple quick followups... First, to make this somewhat relevant to
non-U.S. readers of r.c.c (at least those who make purchases from U.S.
sellers), the small flat rate box may be used for international mail
weighing up to 4 lb. The cost is $12.95, which is often considerably
less than the alternatives. For example, the next least expensive
mailing option for a 3 lb. package from the U.S. to the U.K. is $23.50
for First Class Mail International service. However, it appears that
the USPS does not offer insurance for international mail shipped in a
small flat rate box.

The other thing is that I picked up a few small flat rate boxes at the
local postal office yesterday. The cardboard is thinner and flimsier
than other priority mail boxes the USPS provides. You'll need to use
judgment about just how much you want to put in one these boxes and
probably plenty of packaging tape to reinforce it.

Old January 21st 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

We use the flat rate as our primary shipping option. 5000 25mm
(quarter sized) tokens weigh ~63 pounds. UPS & Fed Ex are $35 - $50
depending on where it is going. Flat rate with signature delivery
confirmation is about $11 and the boxes are free. We pass the savings
to the clients and we have won some orders because our shipping is so
much less. We have to wrap the box woth 300 lb tensil strength tape
about 10 times but we have not lost a shipment yet.

Sean Moffatt
President
Moffatt & Co. - Extreme Custom Minting