ink advice

Old June 4th 08, 02:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default ink advice

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:44:48 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

Waterman's Havana or Montblanc Sepia, depending on whether you prefer a
drier ink or not.

Never have seen Montblanc Sepia--I have Waterman's and it's fine, but
I like PR Chocolat a bit better.

Noodler's brown is pretty much bulletproof and fun to tweak with
yellow or red. Because of the bulletproof aspect, I'd pick Noodler's
brown.

That's why I bought Noodler's, but the yellowishness repelled me.

Sheaffer's Pink was too girly for me. I decided upon Noodler's Shah's
Rose.

I don't have either, but I've added water--water, not whiteness of the
whale--to some reds for some decent pinks. I do have whiteness of the
whale and recommend it for nothing.

I wished I had white ink for something the other night. I wonder what it
was.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old June 4th 08, 06:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:17:09 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:
It's the pinkiest brightest pink I've ever seen, and it's even pinker
under a black light.

It's not dull like most of the eternals?

Nope.

Writing sample:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/...56252645_b.jpg

Under black light:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/...f5c6d7e5c5.jpg

The Tolstoy is a leaper (off the page) as well.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old June 4th 08, 11:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:53:39 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Waterman's Havana or Montblanc Sepia, depending on whether you prefer a
drier ink or not.

Never have seen Montblanc Sepia--I have Waterman's and it's fine, but
I like PR Chocolat a bit better.

Noodler's brown is pretty much bulletproof and fun to tweak with
yellow or red. Because of the bulletproof aspect, I'd pick Noodler's
brown.

That's why I bought Noodler's, but the yellowishness repelled me.

Put some red in it--or maybe a little blue.

Sheaffer's Pink was too girly for me. I decided upon Noodler's Shah's
Rose.

I don't have either, but I've added water--water, not whiteness of the
whale--to some reds for some decent pinks. I do have whiteness of the
whale and recommend it for nothing.

I wished I had white ink for something the other night. I wonder what it
was.

If you're gonna go white, the only way to go is Bombay White with a
dip pen. Higgins white is almost as good.
Old June 4th 08, 11:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

wrote:
It's the pinkiest brightest pink I've ever seen, and it's even pinker
under a black light.

It's not dull like most of the eternals?

Nope.

OK, I'm gonna buy it.

What I tell waitresses and waiters who I get to order for me, after I
make sure they haven't picked something bland is, "OK, if I like it,
you get a tip. If I don't like it, you don't get a dime."

I always tip anyway though.
Old June 5th 08, 04:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

I don't have either, but I've added water--water, not whiteness of the
whale--to some reds for some decent pinks. I do have whiteness of the
whale and recommend it for nothing.

I wished I had white ink for something the other night. I wonder what it
was.

If you're gonna go white, the only way to go is Bombay White with a
dip pen. Higgins white is almost as good.

I can't recall why I wished I had white. It was the first time and the urge
passed. If I could remember what I was doing...ah, but that would make it
too easy.

I'll keep your recommendations in mind, though, in case it returns.

Old June 5th 08, 05:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

wrote:

I don't have either, but I've added water--water, not whiteness of the
whale--to some reds for some decent pinks. I do have whiteness of the
whale and recommend it for nothing.

I wished I had white ink for something the other night. I wonder what it
was.

If you're gonna go white, the only way to go is Bombay White with a
dip pen. Higgins white is almost as good.

I can't recall why I wished I had white. It was the first time and the urge
passed. If I could remember what I was doing...ah, but that would make it
too easy.

I was at office depot or somewhere like that one day and they had some
dark red envelopes, and I bought a pack of those mother****ers just so
I could address them in my white ink. Right now, for the time being
at least, you can get dark colored paper in office depot that you
could use the white on.

There are a lot of different surfaces that Bombay ink will stick
to--not just paper.

And another great thing about it is you can get it for like $3.00 a
bottle at Hobby Lobby.

I'll keep your recommendations in mind, though, in case it returns.

Old June 6th 08, 09:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

That's a great price. I write on pearl white Crane, rarely ecru, in
different ink colors and have a variety of colored envelopes to liven up
recipient's mail, but I've avoided the darker envelopes because I don't want
the expense of light ink. I've got a glass pen right here and one or two
metal nibs w/holder someplace. I'll have to find them or buy another when I
go to Hobby Lobby.

Thanks!

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Advice Please Dean[_3_] General Discussion 3 September 12th 07 10:06 PM
hello, i need some advice Nick Card discussions 0 November 13th 05 06:30 AM
I need some advice. Bob Autographs 11 August 23rd 05 02:37 AM
Advice please john Jones Paper Money 0 November 11th 04 03:07 PM
Looking for Advice ... Texan in NY Coins 1 April 30th 04 10:40 PM