ROCKOLA 1458 Parts for sale

Old December 31st 07, 02:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Brads Medal Mounting

Default ROCKOLA 1458 Parts for sale

Hi to All,
I have been restoring a Rockola 1458 for three years now and have
decided to go with an internal CD player versus the original
mechanism. I have a majority of the original electic parts(amplifier,
pinbank,speakers, wiring harnesses) and some mechanical
parts(brackets, gears) for sale now. I do however want to keep all the
cosmetic parts so it looks original. Dont hesitate to email me
directly with questions. I can provide pictures of any parts if you
can send a description of what youre looking for. I would like to
spare these parts from the garbage and find them a suitable home.
Thank you
Brad G. Young
www.bradsmedalmounting.com
Old December 31st 07, 09:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Brads Medal Mounting wrote:
Hi to All,
I have been restoring a Rockola 1458 for three years now and have
decided to go with an internal CD player versus the original
mechanism. I have a majority of the original electic parts(amplifier,
pinbank,speakers, wiring harnesses) and some mechanical
parts(brackets, gears) for sale now. I do however want to keep all the
cosmetic parts so it looks original. Dont hesitate to email me
directly with questions. I can provide pictures of any parts if you
can send a description of what youre looking for. I would like to
spare these parts from the garbage and find them a suitable home.
Thank you
Brad G. Young
www.bradsmedalmounting.com

Are you SURE you want to do this?

http://www.jukin.co.uk/stock.htm#juke7

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old December 31st 07, 09:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Buzzojoe[_2_]

DON'T DO IT MAN!
50's Rock Ola's are WAYYYYY to nice to be *******ized like that!!!
There aren't enough of them around as it is.
PLEASE leave it original!
God made it a vinyl player, and besides CD's are on their way out already.
To me, doing that to a juke is like taking one of the medals that you mount,
engraving Elvis' picture on it, and then mounting it in a case with flashing
disco lights in it.
It just ain't right!

Old January 1st 08, 03:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Its his machine !

Sence my Rockola 1485 is not worth anything i will gut it and install a
modern am-fm radio in it and blinking lights

Old January 1st 08, 05:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Buzzojoe[_2_]

I don't know who said that a 1485 isn't worth anything, but it SURE wasn't
me!!!!
NO jukebox is worth what it was 5 years ago, but a 1485 should still be
worth a few grand restored.
I understand that the jukebox doesn't belong to me. That doesn't mean that
I'm not going to plead with him not to turn it into a piece of garbage as
opposed to a classic jukebox! There's a guy on Ebay who is taking old
gumball machines and "pimping" them out with Coca Cola, Betty Boop, and
Harley Davidson stickers. I can't stand that either. The only difference is
that in the case of the gumball machines they can be "undone" by stripping
the paint and decals and going back to original. Once this juke has been
robbed of it's guts it will NEVER go back to what it once was!
The guy who is going to do this mounts things like military medals, flags,
etc., so I would think that he would respect and understand the intangible
value of not *******izing something.

Old January 1st 08, 09:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Steve

Hi Brad;

I was in a similar situation with an older AMI model-B last year. The
cabinet was in fair shape but the 1948 internals needed a lot of work.
I figured it would be too expensive to restore so I looked around for
other options. I finally chose to replace all the mechanics with a
new digital package.

Juketime (www.juketime.com) sells a slick user interface with a fairly
detailed set of conversion instructions (a lot of pictures for those
of us that need a little extra help) so I opted to go that direction.
Converting the old AMI jukebox was straight forward, required common
building materials and didn't take a lot of time. The major
components were a low end computer, touch screen monitor and the
juketime interface. I chose to replace the original amp so I also had
to pick up a 200 watt computer speaker system with sub-woofer (about
$100 from a local electronics store).

My system has been up and running (without a glitch) for over a year
and I couldn't be happier. I've extracted and cataloged my CDs,
cassettes, and albums plus imported all the music I've purchased
online. Juketime's powerful search capability allows me to find and
play anything in my collection with only a few taps on the touch
screen monitor.

Steve

Old January 1st 08, 11:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Buzzojoe[_2_]

Nice commercial...
WinCab jukebox is still better, and it's FREE!

Old January 2nd 08, 03:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

I don't know who said that a 1485 isn't worth anything, but it SURE
wasn't me!!!!
NO jukebox is worth what it was 5 years ago, but a 1485 should still be
worth a few grand restored.

Well it was everyone . My post about it has gone ignored so i figured it
was junk . Ya cant tell me no one saw the post because i see activity
here .

I agree its not nice to strip out an antique but as you can see ? theres
not many running to help .

Old January 2nd 08, 07:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Kim

On Jan 2, 10:16*am, (Ken G.) wrote:
I don't know who said that a 1485 isn't worth anything, but it SURE
wasn't me!!!!
NO jukebox is worth what it was 5 years ago, but a 1485 should still be
worth a few grand restored.

Well it was everyone . My post about it has gone ignored so i figured it
was junk . Ya cant tell me no one saw the post because i see activity
here .

I agree its not nice to strip out an antique but as you can see ? theres
not many running to help . * *

Hi Ken, I can tell by your responce to this thread that your upset
because no one replied to your 1485 value thread a few days ago. I
should have replied and I'm sorry I didn't but I am no expert on the
values and it would just be an opinion as to the worth of your 1485. I
read this site mainly for tech tips and help getting problems fixed.
You, John, Keith, and a few others are always helpful and will answer
if you have an idea on what could be wrong and for that I say thanks.
When it comes to the value of your 1485 its only a guess. See you call
it restored but others may just call it refurbished because the chrome
wasn't done. The lastest 2007 Always Jukin price guide says for a
grade 3 1485 its worth $3000 and a grade 4 (restored) is worth $4000.
I personally (for whatever that is worth) think those prices are a
little high right now but if you find the right guy who wants a nice
jukebox you may get those prices. The overseas buyers drove the prices
of the Tempo's up as they were getting good money for them. I spoke
with a couple of the bigger buyers at the last Chicago show and they
said that their sales of the Tempo's has really slowed down so they
weren't buying them right now. If I had to guess I would say your
Tempo is worth $2200 to $3000 depending on who you market it too. Once
again that is just an opinion. I would also keep an eye on eBay as
sooner or later a 1485 will show up for sale and that may give you a
better idea on todays market.
Old January 2nd 08, 07:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Ken G. wrote:
Its his machine !

Sence my Rockola 1485 is not worth anything i will gut it and install a
modern am-fm radio in it and blinking lights

Ken,

I saw this post and thought you were joking about the other machine. It
isn't exactly a plea for help with a problem...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Rockola 1458 and Rockola 1442 parts for sale Arie Juke Boxes 1 October 25th 09 10:34 PM
WTB: Rockola Parts Weade Juke Boxes 2 August 16th 04 01:04 PM
WTB: Rockola Parts 1Ripper Juke Boxes 0 July 5th 04 09:41 PM
FS: 1422, Seeburg C, 2404, 222, 1458 Rockola, etc Lloyd Thoburn Juke Boxes 0 May 13th 04 03:22 AM
WTB:Rockola 450 parts Jjmscf Juke Boxes 0 March 14th 04 06:08 PM