Average Age

Old February 10th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dawn Probst

Default Average Age

37 here

"sgt23" wrote in message
Whats the average age of collectors in here? 27 here.

Old February 10th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Higgins

Bob wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 1:36?am, sgt23 wrote:
Whats the average age of collectors in here? 27 here.

After reading all the posts I guess I'm the oldest. I turn 80 this
Jan- 15- 08. I started out with the old Heath Kit that I assempled
my
self, I guess that was back in the late 60's. Does anyone remember
the
Heath Kit Co?

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to work for Heath Co., starting in April 1970, and continued when
it became Zenith Data Systems until ZDS was taken over by Packard Bell
and the doors closed in June of '96. The plant was in St. Joseph, MI on
Hilltop Rd. and a small part was spun off as Heathkit to Benton Harbor.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old February 10th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aladdin Sane

58 but whose counting?

Oh, you are

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Old February 10th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Feb 10, 5:51*pm, "Dawn Probst" wrote:
37 here

Yet another one boasting of a sub-human IQ.
Old February 10th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Dukenfield

Default SS#

What's your social security number?
Old February 11th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"sgt23" wrote in message
Whats the average age of collectors in here? 27 here.

pre-Baby Boom - post-Depression. A member of the lost generation that
demographics ignores. Almost 10 in dog years.

Old February 11th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Bruce Farley" wrote in message
60 here.
Bruce

Now I wonder what the average age of the Bruce's here is?!

I'd like to help but my has age changed every year and I've been unable to
keep up with it.

Old February 11th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:36:11 -0800 (PST), sgt23
wrote:

Whats the average age of collectors in here? 27 here.

41. Have had a small coin collection since as long as I can remember,
but have only became serious about collecting over the past 1-2 years.
After looking at coin prices in the ads of an old (1970) coin magazine
I wish I *had* become serious sooner.
Old February 11th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default American Weimar 2008

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 2:14 pm, "Bob" Dr. wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

Whats the average age of collectors in here? 27 here.

Soon to be 65. Ah for the good old days when a St. Gaudens was only $50.

Ah for the good old days when a Saint Gaudens was only $650.

Any American with some savings has already lost 2/3rds of their
purchasing power since 2003.

Any American? I haven't.

Gasoline is about three times higher.

Not due to inflation.

Gold is three times higher. Silver more.

Three times higher in what? The deflated dollars you talk about? So metal
values actually stayed about the same.

Food staples (milk, eggs, bread) are twice as high as one year ago.

More expensive, sure. But nowhere near twice as high where I shop.

The inflationists have already stolen 2/3rds of the purchasing power
of American savings - without much of a peep from the persons most
affected.

I'm still able to purchase most anything I used to and still have about the
same amount of money left over. Prices rise. Incomes rise. You seem to be
a slave to textbook generalizations.

The worst public thefts of the Weimar Republic occurred long before
1923. The famous hyperinflation of 1923 was just the fireworks that
stole the last 5%.

Jeez! Those economics history textbooks again. Highly relevant today. I
guess we're all doomed.

Old February 11th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jack" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 1:36?am, sgt23 wrote:
Whats the average age of collectors in here? 27 here.

After reading all the posts I guess I'm the oldest. I turn 80 this
Jan- 15- 08. I started out with the old Heath Kit that I assempled my
self, I guess that was back in the late 60's. Does anyone remember the
Heath Kit Co?
_____

When I got out of the service in the mid-1960's, a buddy was using his
GI Bill benefits to buy a Heathkit color console TV kit with the idea that
he was training to become a TV repairman. I thought of trying the same neat
thing, without the justification, until I saw the mound of stuff and
schematics they sent him. Me who had trouble figuring out how to load a
flashlight on the first try.

Bruce