update on sig database

Old November 28th 06, 01:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default update on sig database

A few ads and whatnot recently and so I added a nice batch to the
signature database. New scans include:

Andie McDowell
Jada Pinkett Smith
Susan Lucci (2nd Exemplar)
Mickey Mantle (Baseball)
David H Murdock (Dole Company owner/CEO/Chairman)
Jeff Gordon (Nascar)
Brett Favre (3rd Exemplar)
Chris Madden (Home Interior Design Host/Author)
Tony Hawk (Skateboarding)
Paul Stanley (Kiss Guitarist; 2nd Exemplar)
Brian Bell (Guitarist for Weezer)
Mike Kennerty (Guitarist for All American Rejects)
Shania Twain (Country Singer),
Brian Trohman (Guitarist for Fall Out Boys)

If anyone has scans from anything (Shania was from a Perfume Box and
Mantle from a Topps Box and Hawk from a skateboard) please send jpgs
to me by email so we can continue to help others!

I hope someone is finding these useful for comparing their potential
purchases, trades etc!

Old November 28th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

have you tried to compare these to their ACTUAL signatures...
i can knock down the whole nascar group...
mike

Old November 29th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Are you saying these ads are fake? Most of them had registered
trademark sigs and look similar to in persons I've seen, so they are
legit sig... I am not sure what you are talking about. THe idea
behind the signature database it to get all legit sigs right from
authorized (copyrighted, trademarked etc) sources that are authorized
by the celeb to use their signature and likeness. The idea is that
this database cannot really be questioned for those type signatures.
I wanted people to have a safe place to go and use to compare their
sigs to... of course we all know that no two sigs are alike.

In essence, what I am telling you is this database of authorized
signatures are ACTUAL signatures.

Old November 29th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

PS Sometimes I think you just like to start controversies on ANYTHING;
even when there's nothing to argue about.

Old November 29th 06, 12:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

Sue-

Of the few NASCAR signatures I looked at-they are legit. To name a
few-Irvan, Jarrett, Ku Busch and even the Earnhardt, Sr. (met him on 3
occasions in Martinsville), are legit. So, Sue, I'll buy your last
statement-100%.

Old November 29th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
SBFan2000

Best just ignore him, hes just trying to start more fights. Guess he
figures its be a while since he offered his self-righteous opinion!

Ignore is a wonderful feature and if everyone would stop replying to this
guy then I would never have to see his crap. It would be good for him to
becuase it would give him that much more time to harass the stars!

http://www.starwarsautographcollecti...e_database.htm

Old November 29th 06, 02:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Thanks; As I looked at the racing area; I noticed the Jeff Gordon I
posted isn't there so I'll get that back on today.

As I am trying to say,I don't think an Ad for Polident would use say a
fake Florence Henderson sig; or Georgia Pacific a fake Jeff Gordon sig
or even a letter to the editor doctoring a letter handwritten from
Jada Pinkett Smith. However if someone can PROVE that they are doing
this, I'll be more than happy to take the database down.

Old November 29th 06, 02:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I am beginning to feel that! Sheesh; I understand the whole autograph
area is convuluted, but the point is to help it be a little better....
and now fighting on that? My life is dark enough right now... I don't
need more of it. I'll just stop posting and updating all together to
avoid this sort of crap. I did slow down tremendously; instead of
posting daily I went to three/four times a week, then down to twice a
week and now I am down to once a week. On emails I went from checking
every hour to twice a day to once a day. Same with here. I stopped
going to the boards... I guess I am one step from just chucking the
whole thing!

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:11:57 GMT, "SBFan2000"
wrote:

Best just ignore him, hes just trying to start more fights. Guess he
figures its be a while since he offered his self-righteous opinion!

Ignore is a wonderful feature and if everyone would stop replying to this
guy then I would never have to see his crap. It would be good for him to
becuase it would give him that much more time to harass the stars!

.. .

Old November 29th 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Please don't let yahoos drive you from what you enjoy doing. I, for one, enjoy your posts. It's uncommon to find posts from people that are actually interested in a give and take on information on and about the hobby. It's been said before, but... Message groups are for communications. As with anywhere, it's not required to talk to every person in a room full of people.

--

Mike
Gummby3