database recommendations

Old September 19th 05, 01:24 AM
Graham - VA3GJG

Default database recommendations

I would appreciate your help by telling me what software you use to
catalogue your book collections and why you prefer it over others that are
available.

I live in Canada and I once found a program that took only an ISBN number
and searched multiple online book stores and actually gave an option to
choose Canadian sites for Amazon and Chapters to provide pricing in Canadian
dollars but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance,
Graham

Old September 19th 05, 01:34 AM
David Wood

Graham - VA3GJG wrote:
I would appreciate your help by telling me what software you use to
catalogue your book collections and why you prefer it over others that are
available.

I live in Canada and I once found a program that took only an ISBN number
and searched multiple online book stores and actually gave an option to
choose Canadian sites for Amazon and Chapters to provide pricing in Canadian
dollars but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance,
Graham

I use Home Base for reviewing offline, the inventory (4300)that is kept
online with Alibris.
I use Addall.com to search other book inventories for a comparable price
that can be given in Canadian currency.

David Wood
Otter Creek Books
Mildmay, Ontrio

Old September 20th 05, 12:18 PM
Denton Taylor

Readerware will do exactly what you ask, including filtering various
websites, including Amazon CA

http://www.readerware.com/

Denton

Old September 21st 05, 12:59 AM
Chris Charles

I can highly recommend Readerware, mentioned above.

Old September 25th 05, 09:20 PM
Graham - VA3GJG

I found ReaderWare in my recent search for databases but I didn't recognize
it.
I suppose it was a very early version that I originally downloaded a few
years ago.
Back then they combined all media types into one database.
This IS the best one I have ever seen!

Now I only have to scan and upload my wife's 1400+ cookbooks ;-)

Thanks!
Graham

"Chris Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
I can highly recommend Readerware, mentioned above.

Old September 29th 05, 10:21 PM
Texas Book Lady

Do you use Readerware for uploading books to a Chrislands site? If so,
I have some questions for you about images and naming them.
Chris Charles wrote:
I can highly recommend Readerware, mentioned above.

Help? Vintage (DOS) version of Edelman's Stamp Collector's Database Michael General Discussion 3 December 5th 04 05:40 AM
Charity foundation looking for Best Address Database Bryanska Autographs 0 November 26th 04 07:14 PM
Collection Database Prove It... Books 2 July 1st 04 03:26 AM
Free Art on Stamps Database - Update Victor Manta General Discussion 0 November 28th 03 02:19 PM
Vintage Bicycle Picture Database Menotomy General 0 September 23rd 03 02:51 PM