Is it my imagination or ...

Old April 18th 04, 04:10 PM
Bob Sachs

Default Is it my imagination or ...

I've noticed a disturbing development - sandwiched between the juvenile
rantings of a guy named Sheldon and the latest pictures of some young man's
underage sister getting it on with a same sex partner from a different
species while showering on the beach, there have been a few posts that
actually discuss fountain pens.

Mind you, these posts are now just a trickle and perhaps they'll go away so
that we can continue to enjoy some unknown movie star kissing some body part
of another unknown movie star while showering on the beach (Cleanliness is a
definite theme in these posts!), but left unattended there's no telling how
these fountain pen posts can multiply and squeeze out the foul language and
poorly disguised viruses we have come to love and expect.

Now last week I found myself on a beach, having one of my body parts kissed
by an unknown movie star when I came across a Gold Bond combo with a button
filler made of the most beautiful celluloid and fitted with a 14k gold nib
.... .
]
--
Bob

Old April 18th 04, 06:31 PM
kcat

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:10:58 GMT, "Bob Sachs"
wrote:

species while showering on the beach, there have been a few posts that
actually discuss fountain pens.

:-)

I think we should discuss kitty cats and puppy dogs and politics and
religion. that'll fix the problem. :P

KCat - Queen of the Thread Drift.
***********************************
KCat - I am not a medical professional. The contents of this post are based soley on my experiences and opinions
http://www.ghg.net/schwerpt/kcspages/
http://www.ghg.net/schwerpt/ASLFAQ/

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
(`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.'`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-''
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(()),-'' (()),' (((.-'
Old April 18th 04, 07:15 PM
Reuben S. Pitts III

Bob Sachs wrote:
[...]

... .
]

I"ve had major work distractions and have not been as active this year,
but I still think a majority of the posts relate to writing instruments.
If you remember, the title of the group is pens (any type, even bics)
and pencils. You probably are just missing the volume that Frank added,
both because of his knowledge and because he loved the NG. It will take
us a while to adjust to the loss of our most prolific contributor, but
the quality of the information continues. We still have some of the
most knowledegable pen people in the world who contribute. Somehow I
missed the beach shower scene, but that is OK with me.

Reuben

Old April 18th 04, 09:28 PM
Bluesea

wrote:

species while showering on the beach, there have been a few posts that
actually discuss fountain pens.

:-)

I think we should discuss kitty cats and...

In the past two to three weeks, I've noticed that while my cat has ample
opportunity to lay on my lap while I'm watching TV, she's taken to demanding
lap-time while I'm trying to write with my fountain pen - any fountain pen.
I tried to discourage her by pushing her away and "NO!" but we've
compromised (yeah, I'm a pushover) and she props herself on my left thigh
while I balance my lap board on my right.

I think she likes fountain pens. What do you think?

How do your pets react to fountain pens?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old April 18th 04, 09:53 PM
marlinspike

I use the the news.individual.net news server, and outside of Sheldon's
posts and the VERY occasional poorly disguised virus, I don't see any of the
off topic posts.
Richard
.net...

Old April 18th 04, 10:02 PM
PENMART01

"Boob Sachs" wrote:
I've noticed a disturbing development - sandwiched between the juvenile
rantings of a guy named Sheldon and the latest pictures of some young

man's
underage sister getting it on with a same sex partner from a different
species

Yup, that's me ****ing your daughter in her ass... you NEWBIE douche bag
worthless piece of ****.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old April 19th 04, 12:20 AM
marlinspike

"PENMART01" wrote in message
Yup, that's me

Sheldon, you're a female of a species other than Homo sapiens? Seriously,
I'm disappointed. You used to be so much more careful than that. You used to
have a better vocabulary too. What happened to you?
Richard

Old April 19th 04, 01:29 AM
kcat

waaaaaaaa... you never pick on me anymore, Shel. I'm so neglected.

whine
***********************************

Old April 19th 04, 01:35 AM
kcat

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:15:47 -0400, "Reuben S. Pitts III"
wrote:

If you remember, the title of the group is pens (any type, even bics)
and pencils.

it takes a lot to get any group talking about pencils. I had a
mechanical pencil habit for a long time - but the joint pain shifted
my interest to FPs. I recently got sick (and tired) of the cruddy
cheap pencils I had and bought a Pelikan D200. Great! Love it. So
does hubby and now it's his. :P

You probably are just missing the volume that Frank added,
both because of his knowledge and because he loved the NG. It will take
us a while to adjust to the loss of our most prolific contributor, but
the quality of the information continues.

I agree - and really have no judgment of acpp content at all. Just
messin' around with Bob S., et al.

I do hope we eventually have a higher posting rate - but I haven't
exactly contributed much since I've been spending more time on RSFPC.
So it's hypokittycal of me to say that. :P

kcat

Old April 19th 04, 02:11 AM
PENMART01

"Reuben S. Pitts III" wrote:

If you remember, the title of the group is pens (any type, even bics)
and pencils.

Actually the name of this Newsgroup is alt.collecting.pens-pencils... any
normal brained person would know that when they subscribed. duh