Ink cartridges (WATERMAN) Is it true ?

Old April 18th 04, 01:22 AM
patek777

Default Ink cartridges (WATERMAN) Is it true ?

Is it true that so called international size ink cartridges fit every single
WATERMAN pen.

I know that WATERMAN cartridges are longer.

Regards
Patek

Old April 18th 04, 02:40 AM
LAllin

On 17-Apr-2004, "patek777" wrote:

Is it true that so called international size ink cartridges fit every
single
WATERMAN pen.

I know that WATERMAN cartridges are longer.

Regards
Patek

I use International cartridges, exclusively, in all my Waterman pens. Two
international cartridges are equal in length to a Waterman cartridge.
Insert the first into the barrel, nipple away from the section, and the
second with the nipple toward the section. When the first runs dry, you can
swap the second into place to continue writing.

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Old April 18th 04, 08:19 AM
Michael Wright

patek777 wrote:
Is it true that so called international size ink cartridges fit every single
WATERMAN pen.

I know that WATERMAN cartridges are longer.

In short, no, it is not true. The Phileas, for instance, has a
metal insert in the barrel that means that international carts
will not fit. IIRC, internationals will not go into the Carene,
either.

Waterman carts come in two sizes, the long ones and short ones
that look exactly like international carts, but are slightly
thinner. I have yet to find an international fitting pen that
Waterman short cartridges won't fit.

Old April 18th 04, 08:24 AM
Bluesea

"patek777" wrote in message
Is it true that so called international size ink cartridges fit every

single
WATERMAN pen.

No, it depends on the model of the Waterman pen. For some, it also depends
on the manufacturer of the cartridge.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old April 18th 04, 08:28 AM
Bluesea

"Michael Wright" wrote in message

In short, no, it is not true. The Phileas, for instance, has a
metal insert in the barrel....

Can that metal insert be removed? I like the smoothness of the Phileas (and
the price) but prefer my pens to weigh less.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old April 18th 04, 08:38 AM
Michael Wright

Bluesea wrote:
"Michael Wright" wrote in message

In short, no, it is not true. The Phileas, for instance, has a
metal insert in the barrel....

Can that metal insert be removed? I like the smoothness of the Phileas (and
the price) but prefer my pens to weigh less.

It doesn't look easily removable to me, but I'm a nervous klutz
with arthritic thumbs.

Old April 18th 04, 03:36 PM
RAClifford

From: "patek777"

Is it true that so called international size ink cartridges fit every single
WATERMAN pen.

I know that WATERMAN cartridges are longer.

Waterman also made a shorter "international" cartridge. I use both in my
Waterman Pens

Old April 20th 04, 10:56 PM
Lex van Galen

You could use the (cheaper) CULTUR models by Waterman. They are somewhat
less luxurious, most of them have chrome trimming instead of gold plated,
and a plain white steel nib, but the model and the writing quality is
exactly the same. And... they do not have the 'heavy' metal insert. There
you are!

Enjoy!

I do not know if these are on sale in USA on a regular basis, but here in
Europe (I live in The Netherlands) you can find more varieties than Heinz
used to sell...

If you should want one of these and cannot find them in the surroundings
where you live, please feel free to contact me.

mail is (skip the capitals)

Cheers, Lex

"Bluesea" schreef in bericht
news