Your Lowest Mintage US Coin?

Old October 25th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

Default Your Lowest Mintage US Coin?

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:34:46 -0400, Sibirskmoneta

wrote:
I have a couple of the 50.000 issued C&C sets, but my lowest mintage
circulation coin is an 1843 Seated Dollar in EF, mintage 165.000.
What is your lowest mintage US coin?

Do errors count?

Gosh I really don't have a clue about errors counting--many don't have an
official number made. They can only go by known examples found so far. And
things like strike thrus and the like won't count unless you are talking
about 3 leggers or other stuff that's really popular. Probably would have to
be in the Redbook to count--just do not know because there are no rules
basically. I have several RPM's and a few OMM's with numbers in the low
hundreds known about.
And would VAM's count? I have a VAM 1I '21D Morgan--so few known that they
won't attribute it--no market for that evidently.
Probably a really ugly '94 Womens in Service BU at 54,790 and I also have a
1910 Barber half with 419,000. Which with that Barber that's less than an
S-VDB '09 Lincoln so you can't always go by the mintage figures when trying
to figure out a coins value. Hardly anyone collects a whole set of Barbers
compared to Lincolns. I am sitting here looking at half dollar
mintages--sheesh how about getting a 1917 Walking liberty proof? Only 3
known about--wonder how much something like that is worth?
I used to have a '40 proof Jefferson-only 14,158 made but I traded it away
for a roll of something really common years ago.
Call me stupid ;-)

Old October 25th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Ahnen

1832 Half Cent in VG @ 51,000 pop.

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert

Old October 26th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aram Haroutunian

"John Ahnen" wrote in message
1832 Half Cent in VG @ 51,000 pop.

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert
Einstein
"Sibirskmoneta" wrote in message
I have a couple of the 50.000 issued C&C sets, but my lowest mintage
circulation coin is an 1843 Seated Dollar in EF, mintage 165.000.

What is your lowest mintage US coin?

============
I have two candidates:

1821 Bust Quarter, Browning 6, around six known. (My discovery)

1837 Bust Quarter, Browning 6, still only two known.

(Neither is uncirculated, BTW. :-) )
Aram.

Old October 26th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Sibirskmoneta wrote:
I have a couple of the 50.000 issued C&C sets, but my lowest mintage
circulation coin is an 1843 Seated Dollar in EF, mintage 165.000.

What is your lowest mintage US coin?

Probably an 1806 inverted 6 half dollar. Don't know the mintage, or
even if there is a breakdown of the varieties from that year.

Daniel B. Wheeler

Old October 26th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard L. Hall

Probably a 1937 Antietam Commemorative Half, mintage 18,028.

--
Richard
http://www.richlh.com

Old October 26th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

"Sibirskmoneta" wrote in message
I have a couple of the 50.000 issued C&C sets, but my lowest mintage
circulation coin is an 1843 Seated Dollar in EF, mintage 165.000.

What is your lowest mintage US coin?

I was kind of hoping for Ira to pop in and say something about his 1793
Strawberry Leaf cent in MS-65

Old October 26th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Denis Loring

Sibirskmoneta wrote:
I have a couple of the 50.000 issued C&C sets, but my lowest mintage
circulation coin is an 1843 Seated Dollar in EF, mintage 165.000.
What is your lowest mintage US coin?

Not counting proofs and varieties, my 1879 Flowing Hair Stella.
Mintage (non-proof) published at 415, but it's probably somewhat more.

Denis Loring

Old October 27th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
xnt023

Sibirskmoneta wrote:
I have a couple of the 50.000 issued C&C sets, but my lowest mintage
circulation coin is an 1843 Seated Dollar in EF, mintage 165.000.

What is your lowest mintage US coin?

Probably the _extre rare_ state quarter collection I purchased on QVC.
They said they only had a couple hunerd of em.