(RCSD) New Yvert France Specialized?

Old November 7th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Dave

Default (RCSD) New Yvert France Specialized?

I noticed in a recent Yvert advertisement that they have produced a new
France Specialized volume. Has anyone purchased a copy of this, that can
tell us about it? I think it replaces just volume 1 of the earlier 1970's
edition, correct? Much more info? Better photos? Should we expect a volume 2
some time soon?

Thanks
Dave

Old November 7th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Dave a couché sur son écran :
I noticed in a recent Yvert advertisement that they have produced a new
France Specialized volume.

No it is not "new" it was issued after the World exhibition from 1999,
they could not isued it for this exhibition because they was a little
late!

Has anyone purchased a copy of this, that can tell
us about it?

I have it

I think it replaces just volume 1 of the earlier 1970's edition,
correct?

No it doesn't replace it , it is a little diferent: less information
and more pictures, coloured pictures ... It is very nice to see it, but
for philatelical informations it is better to get the 1970's edition,
or to try to find one of the marianne catalogue edition

Much more info? Better photos? Should we expect a volume 2 some time
soon?

I don't think because this edition seems not to be a succes, my dealer
told me he hasn't sell many of them!

Have a nice day.

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama

Old November 7th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Stan Fairchild[_3_]

Dave--with confirmation from Jean-Paul's response, don't bother with the 2000 edition of Volume 1 if you have the 1975
edition. I was visiting APS HQ last month and had the librarians dig out my usual reference books. To the 1975 Y&T
Vol. 1, they added their newly acquired 2000 edition. The section illustrating cancellations is gone. The
issue-by-issue tables of cancel values on individual denominations is gone. The section on French post offices in
foreign countries is gone. It looks like Yvert took the remaining material, reorganized it somewhat, spread it out over
more or thicker pages (the new book is about one-third thicker than the 1975 edition), printed most of it in color, and
hoped people would buy it.

Prettier--yes. But not nearly as useful. For someone who lacks either edition, I'd recommend spending money to buy an
old copy of the 1975 edition. Don't spend money on the 2000 edition.

Stan

Old November 7th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tim der Kinderen

Hello,

I have up to now never thrown away any!! old cataloque and now and then I
buy a very old one (WWII editions of Senf and Michel), Kohls Handbuch pre
war Gibbons and Yvert etc. I now and the find them very usefull.

"Stan Fairchild" schreef in bericht
t...

Old November 8th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Dave

Great info, thanks guys. I have the earlier edition, so it sounds like I can
save my money and pass on this new one.

Dave

t...