Philatelists' Blindness -- TV Programme

Old July 7th 03, 05:54 AM
Rodney

Default Philatelists' Blindness -- TV Programme

I have some "let out clause" with my latest effort.
I knew the stamp in question was a newspaper stamp
and so looked back of book.
The overprint was not a surcharge but regarded by Gibbons as a plebiscite issue,
and consequently placed in issue order.
Hence, I think I can wriggle out of my mistake ;0) ?

Old July 7th 03, 11:19 AM
David F.

UK sufferers who have difficulty finding stamps in the catalogue may
find it worth watching the BBC 1 programme "Human Senses" at 8.30-9
tonight (7th). The trailer says: "Examining why people ... cannot see
things that are right in front of their eyes".

Chris

TV? WHAT TV???

David. ~{8^

Old July 7th 03, 05:01 PM
J. A. Mc.

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:19:13 +0100, "David F."
found these unused words floating about:

UK sufferers who have difficulty finding stamps in the catalogue may
find it worth watching the BBC 1 programme "Human Senses" at 8.30-9
tonight (7th). The trailer says: "Examining why people ... cannot see
things that are right in front of their eyes".

TV? WHAT TV???

It's that flashing light you keep thinking is the telephone. G
Old July 7th 03, 09:56 PM
Tracy Barber

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:34:40 +0100, "David F."
wrote:

UK sufferers who have difficulty finding stamps in the catalogue may
find it worth watching the BBC 1 programme "Human Senses" at 8.30-9
tonight (7th). The trailer says: "Examining why people ... cannot see
things that are right in front of their eyes".

TV? WHAT TV???

It's that flashing light you keep thinking is the telephone. G

Hmmm... I thought that Pizza Order was taking a long time!

Gotta stop getting those SNA "specials" !!!!!

Tracy Barber
Old July 7th 03, 10:22 PM
David F.

UK sufferers who have difficulty finding stamps in the catalogue may
find it worth watching the BBC 1 programme "Human Senses" at 8.30-9
tonight (7th). The trailer says: "Examining why people ... cannot see
things that are right in front of their eyes".

TV? WHAT TV???

It's that flashing light you keep thinking is the telephone. G

Hmmm... I thought that Pizza Order was taking a long time!

Gotta stop getting those SNA "specials" !!!!!

Tracy Barber

AHAaa! Tracy - I've been waiting for you to arrive at
the bar tonight. I have received a message of great
importance to the survival of the SNA Community....

Those Europeans plan to impose a Tax on that most
sacred of our prized possessions - Fennec Special Brew!

What can we do, to preserve this institution from ruin!!

Fennecs to the Battlements - Resist, Resist!!

David. (shhh!!)

Old July 7th 03, 10:55 PM
Tracy Barber

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:22:54 +0100, "David F."
wrote:

UK sufferers who have difficulty finding stamps in the catalogue may
find it worth watching the BBC 1 programme "Human Senses" at 8.30-9
tonight (7th). The trailer says: "Examining why people ... cannot see
things that are right in front of their eyes".

TV? WHAT TV???

It's that flashing light you keep thinking is the telephone. G

Hmmm... I thought that Pizza Order was taking a long time!

Gotta stop getting those SNA "specials" !!!!!

Tracy Barber

AHAaa! Tracy - I've been waiting for you to arrive at
the bar tonight. I have received a message of great
importance to the survival of the SNA Community....

Those Europeans plan to impose a Tax on that most
sacred of our prized possessions - Fennec Special Brew!

What can we do, to preserve this institution from ruin!!

Fennecs to the Battlements - Resist, Resist!!

Hopefully they're not on postal strike this week. I heard gossip from
the Dromedrome that there might be one approaching. Not enough
"special sauce" in the SNA gum lately. It seems one of Victor's
arch-revivals at SNAPWIS (SNA Philatelic Website Investigation
Society) GmbH has not reviewd the latest website inclusions.

It seems fennecs are not happy (gossip, mind you) with the lack of 4
legged mail delivery critiques that were posted on the web site.
Raises and promotions should have been given by now. You know, as
well as I do, the fennecs pay their PWIS dues and expect a critique!

At this time, none is forthcoming. The Dromedrome has fallen, once
again, into a state of disrepair and the Sopwiths aren't happy about
it either. When the fennecs are mad, the camels suffer! Do we need
an increase in our postal rate to cheer up said malcontent 4 footed
furry faced fennec friends? It seems other postal administrations do
this when they need pay increases and golden parachutes.

Let's see what results that Victor gets when the response from SNAPWIS
is received.

Ricky Ricardo
Relentless Roving SNA Gossip-time Reporter

Tracy Barber
Old July 8th 03, 12:14 AM
John Ray

David F. wrote:

AHAaa! Tracy - I've been waiting for you to arrive at
the bar tonight. I have received a message of great
importance to the survival of the SNA Community....

Those Europeans plan to impose a Tax on that most
sacred of our prized possessions - Fennec Special Brew!

What can we do, to preserve this institution from ruin!!

Fennecs to the Battlements - Resist, Resist!!

David. (shhh!!)

I would have appreciated it if this article had been prefixed with
"SNA".

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be contacted at xcf70 (same
ISP).
Old July 8th 03, 02:43 AM
Tracy Barber

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:14:52 +0100, John Ray
wrote:

David F. wrote:

AHAaa! Tracy - I've been waiting for you to arrive at
the bar tonight. I have received a message of great
importance to the survival of the SNA Community....

Those Europeans plan to impose a Tax on that most
sacred of our prized possessions - Fennec Special Brew!

What can we do, to preserve this institution from ruin!!

Fennecs to the Battlements - Resist, Resist!!

David. (shhh!!)

I would have appreciated it if this article had been prefixed with
"SNA".

Done. Please resume with your scheduled programming.

Tracy Barber
Old July 8th 03, 03:05 PM
David F.

I would have appreciated it if this article had been prefixed with
"SNA".

--
John Ray, London UK.

Oh, I see. Does it have to be in 'Big Letters' for those who
haven't learned to read the little ones yet?

David ~{ :-o

Old July 8th 03, 03:07 PM
David F.

AHAaa! Tracy - I've been waiting for you to arrive at
the bar tonight. I have received a message of great
importance to the survival of the SNA Community....

Those Europeans plan to impose a Tax on that most
sacred of our prized possessions - Fennec Special Brew!

What can we do, to preserve this institution from ruin!!

Fennecs to the Battlements - Resist, Resist!!

David. (shhh!!)

I would have appreciated it if this article had been prefixed with
"SNA".

Done. Please resume with your scheduled programming.

Tracy Barber

Much as I would like to try one, I think a Golden Parachute may give the
game away when I am dropped behind the lines at a later (secret) date!

David (erm, 007 and-the-rest-of-it.).