two different sigs totally for same person???

Old August 31st 06, 04:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default two different sigs totally for same person???

Hi there,

Wondering something on Puff Daddy; aka P Diddy; aka Sean John; aka
Sean P Combs... (or however you spell the name)

What does he sign? Does he sign differently for different things?
For example, I wanted to add his sig to the database as I had an ad in
the mail for his clothing line. No problems; I'll add that to the
database under designers; but I was wondering if he signs differently
under music or on the street etc.

Interesting debate too; there could be others like this?
Old August 31st 06, 05:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

when he was puff daddy, he used to write puffy. i've never seen sean
combs, but i heard that there was occassions where he wrote sean
"puffy" combs.
when he went to p. diddy, i got p diddy from him, but it kinda
resembled the puffy autograph...i don't know what it looks like now
that he's diddy.

snoop used to write snoop doggy dogg, then he became just snoop, and
that's the signature, but it's the same thing, no doggy dogg at the end
of it.

eminem writes slim shady real big and at a slant...i've never seen him
write eminem. but i've seen the signatures before. i got eminem outside
a bar in phoenix when his first single was just starting to hit...and i
got him a few months ago and it's still the same, just a little
smaller.

for a while there, jason lee's autograph was the big thing you still
see today, but there was a 3 month period of time where jason changed
his signature to j.lee- that's it. but he's given that up and it's back
to the jason lee signature that we are used to seeing, he's just less
giving about it now.

now for the odd one...eddie vedder of pearl jam (and to that note, kurt
cobain of nirvana)
in the begining, eddie vedder's autograph was, what we called, the
heartlines. it was this elaborate signature where you couldn't read any
letters, but looked like some up and down lines that crossed when went
from his first to last name (i have a few of these), then, we got him
afet a punk show in los angeles once and he signed with 2 boxes and
crossed them separately so the autograph sort of looked like it said
"ed" but it was basically 2 boxes.
then on the vitology tour, when all hell broke loose with the band and
ticketmaster and all, he changed his signature and it said ed ved_. to
now, where his signature almost always reads eddie vedder, with various
letters missing depending on how quickly he needs to get away from fans
etc. it's very nice, and smallish (gotten smaller over time)...all the
other guys in the band still sign their names pretty much toe same...

kurt cobain never really took his signature too seriously. sometimes,
it was in cursive, some times in print, sometimes in block letters.
sometimes he spelled his name kurt, sometimes kurdt. sometimes a last
name, sometimes just his first name..it's all odd with him. i have some
examples of all of these, including the broken guitar neck that he once
gave me personally after a show where he signed it "kurdt"- which is
the original spelling of his name that his parent's gave him...
if you need any of this sue, i'm sure i can find my pictures of my
guitars (i have 1 pearl jam guitar in storage) and magazine and send
you some scans or whatever.
mike