Hunter S. Thompson

Old July 27th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jo

Default Hunter S. Thompson

Hi all!

I'm new to this group, thought I'd get my foremost interest out
there... I'm looking for others who collect or are familiar with Hunter
S. Thompson's hardcover, first edition titles.

Love to hear from you.

Jah

Old July 28th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Chris Mettler

I'm looking for others who collect or are familiar with Hunter S. Thompson's
hardcover, first edition titles.
Love to hear from you.

Jah

Sorry, I don't collect books written by freaks with pseudo-talent.

Old July 28th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jerry Morris

Jo,

Welcome to rec.collecting.books.

There are only about twenty threads in the RCB archives which contain
Hunter S. Thompson's name, so he isn't one of the most collected authors
here. Chances are, however, that there are a few lurkers out there who
collect him.

Cheers,
Jerry Morris

(Jo) wrote
Hi all!
I'm new to this group, thought I'd get my foremost interest out there...
I'm looking for others who collect or are familiar with Hunter
S. Thompson's hardcover, first edition titles.
Love to hear from you.
Jah

Moi's Books About Books:
http://www.tinyurl.com/hib7
Moi's LIbrary http://www.moislibrary.com My Sentimental Library
http://www.picturetrail.com/mylibrary Florida Bibliophile Society
http://www.floridabibliophilesociety.org

Old July 31st 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
SAMason

Hunter's Gonzo Papers volumes, such as The Great Shark Hunt, are going to be
difficult to find as far as first editions are concerned. I'm looking too.

If you don't already have it in your collection, make sure you get The Curse
of Lono. It's only in paperback that I know of, but you'll want to get 2
copies--one to read and laugh your ass off over and one to keep the spine in
mint shape.

Old July 31st 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Joe Morris

Not so long ago, SAMason wrote:
Hunter's Gonzo Papers volumes, such as The Great Shark Hunt, are going to be
difficult to find as far as first editions are concerned. I'm looking too.

If you don't already have it in your collection, make sure you get The Curse
of Lono. It's only in paperback that I know of, but you'll want to get 2
copies--one to read and laugh your ass off over and one to keep the spine in
mint shape.

The Ralph Steadman artwork in Lono is stunning. Funny, that's probably
the only Thompson first I've got.

--
Joe Morris Live music in Atlanta
http://jolomo.net/atlanta/shows.html
Old July 31st 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Dave Garrett

In article ,
says...

Hunter's Gonzo Papers volumes, such as The Great Shark Hunt, are going to be
difficult to find as far as first editions are concerned. I'm looking too.

I clearly remember seeing a large stack of hardcover copies of Shark
Hunt in a chain bookstore at a mall when it was first published.
Unfortunately, I was short of cash at the time and never got around to
getting a copy until the paperback came out. I finally got lucky and
scored a first in nice shape for practically nothing about ten years
ago.

If you don't already have it in your collection, make sure you get The Curse
of Lono. It's only in paperback that I know of, but you'll want to get 2
copies--one to read and laugh your ass off over and one to keep the spine in
mint shape.

Actually, Taschen has reprinted Lono in a beautiful oversized hardcover
edition, and as far as I know the trade version is still available:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/cata...acts/03890.htm

It's a scaled-down version of an even larger limited-edition they
issued, which was signed by HST and sold for around $400. In an
exquisite bit of timing, his death occurred just prior to the limited
edition's publication; the remaining copies immediately sold out, and if
you didn't get one before then, you can expect to pay a lot more than
$400 now. I'm still kicking myself for procrastinating when the limited
edition was first announced, thinking that I couldn't really justify the
expenditure at the time, until it was too late and Taschen sold out. I
wound up picking up the trade edition, which is still much nicer than
the original paperback printing of Lono.

Dave

Hunter Thompson dead Dave Pritchard Books 3 February 25th 05 07:51 AM
RIP Hunter Thompson Rich Autographs 1 February 21st 05 09:49 AM
FS - Football Singles The Dogger Football (US) 0 November 5th 03 01:04 AM
FS - Early 90's Football (Long List) LD Football (US) 0 October 16th 03 12:58 AM
Twins Torii Hunter Cards f/s #'d 10 + Jersey cards. GARU1 Baseball 0 September 27th 03 06:18 PM