ebay dumb posts

Old December 2nd 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default ebay dumb posts

I need the 2007 Moldova Fish Joint Issue pair. Found on ebay:

Item 1 - Sheet of five pairs.$10.50, S&H free.
Item 3 - Sheet of five pairs $8.40, S&H free - Both from same
Canadian seller.
Same sheet, seller #3, in Moldova: $12.54, S&H $1.65
Same sheet, seller #4. in Moldova. $ 8.35, S&H free
Same sheet, seller #5, in Romania. $12.75, S&H $3.50

Pair with gutter, seller #4 $ .99, S&H $1.95
Pair with gutter, seller #4, $ 2.73, S&H free
Pair with gutter, seller #6, $ 3.25, S&H $1.95
Pair with gutter, seller #7, $ 2.70, S&H $4.50

I suppose I will keep looking, hoping for a better deal.

Another real stupidity as far as I am concerned:
Croatia, 50th Anniversary of Europa. 8.00 & 7.20 stamps, $28.80.
Nowayinhell.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old December 2nd 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_5_]

Default [OT for Rod] was ebay dumb posts

Hi again, Rod

Are you sure your computer is tuned at the right time zone ?

Your post shows here marked 3:27 am (my time) and it is 2:55 am, now in
France.
Or did you invent the "faster than the light" internet ???

:-)

--
All the best,
Pierre

Old December 2nd 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Why not contact Niall Murphy
the owner I think, of "Moldova Stamps" website.?

Here is recent text by Niall on this Newsgroup

Dear Mr Rein,

Sorry, I may have been a little over-defensive in my comments. Both

web sites have taken years to produce and the task has been largely

thankless. I suppose that I have created these sites as a kind of

legacy.... something I can be remembered for. It seems like a

wothwhile project and nobody else has done any serious work in this

area before. This was my chance to make something new, to cover new

ground and to create some interest in the area. I intend to keep these

sites going for as long as I 'm alive and to continually develop them.

Maybe after I'm dead I'll become famous for this work LOL !

But I have to confess that the level of interest in this area is very

low indeed. Even after wining and dining Moldovan government people in

Chisinau and having meetings with their Post Office, official

recognition has not been forthcoming and they have failed to even

provide me with a technical contact to confirm accuracy or to tell me

about new issues. I have similar problems getting any recognition in

PMR. I think there is much interest in Moldova/PMR stamps in

continental Europe but I need to get the sites translated into German

and Russian.

It can be extremely frustrating when someone comes along and appears

to knock your work saying that it's just propaganda and an effort to

flog bogus material to unsuspecting collectors. Having re-read your

comments, I realise that you were not saying that at all. Apologies

for my knee-jerk reaction !!

I have no political agenda whatsoever. Moldova and PMR are two states

in total conflict, yet I have produced two parallel sites containing

information about both state's stamps and given them equal space. I

have also clearly noted in the PMR site that under FIP regulations,

none of the PMR stamps can be used in exhibitions.

But I don't care much for rules and regulations. I'm not a dealer and

I have never exhibited. I spend my money as I choose and collect what

I want. I generally find the world of "formal" philately to be a very

closed shop full of grey old men who bring a new defininition to the

word snobbery. Here in Ireland, people look at me blankly when I tell

them about my projects. They wonder why anyone would be prepared to

waste their time researching material from such places. I say because

it's new and undiscovered territory.... are you not interested in new

things ? The answer is "no... only old, safe, conservative things".

Each to his own.

End of sermon

Regards,

Niall

Old December 2nd 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Hello Pierre,
good to see you are up and about.

Here in the West of Australia we have "daylight savings"
this saves the curtains in our windows from becoming faded
by too much sunlight.

So we have set our clocks 1 hour forward, which means I get to kick that
"serial sleeper" lazybones person who claims to be my son, out of the sack
1 hour early every morning.

Would that explain it?

snipped
Daylight Saving Information
Daylight saving was introduced in Western Australia for a three-year trial
period starting December 2006. The three-year trial gives Western
Australians an opportunity to "try before they buy". A referendum will be
held in 2009 to decide whether it should become permanent.

Daylight saving starts at 2am Western Standard Time on the last Sunday in
October, and ends at 2am Western Standard Time (3am summer time) on the last
Sunday in March the following year.

Third Trial Period Dates 2008/2009

Starts:
26 October 2008 ..... Set clocks forward one hour

Ends:
29 March 2009 ..... Set clocks back one hour

Note: Daylight saving in Victoria, Tasmania, ACT, New South Wales and South
Australia starts the first Sunday of October and ends the first Sunday in
April the following year.

Old December 2nd 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_5_]

Hello Rodney,

Well understood now !

Excellent explanation.

I particularly appreciated this sentence :

[the] "serial sleeper" lazybones person who claims to be my son

:-D

--
Pierre

Old December 2nd 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Pierre COURTIADE"
I particularly appreciated this sentence :
[the] "serial sleeper" lazybones person who claims to be my son

Apparently a common observation amongst the species.
This is a tolerable affliction.
The grunting stage, with the monotone "whatever" was challenging.
Curiously, I do not recollect myself having any of these traits,
as I recall, I was the perfect child.

Old December 2nd 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Rodney, you forgot about how Daylight Saving confuses the cows, so
that they don't know when to come in to be milked ...

Tony

Old December 2nd 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Asia-translation"
Rodney, you forgot about how Daylight Saving confuses the cows, so
that they don't know when to come in to be milked ...
Tony

Well that's true,
it serves as a great excuse for getting home late too.

Someone piped up at question time at our stamp club recently
wanting to know when someone was going to adjust the clock.
I was happily enjoying myself at 8:30pm, when it was really 9:30.
I had to rush home and apologise, and kneel to the wife.

Old December 2nd 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default was ebay dumb posts

On Dec 2, 4:58*am, "rodney" wrote:
"Asia-translation"

Rodney, you forgot about how Daylight Saving confuses the cows, so
that they don't know when to come in to be milked ...
Tony

Well that's true,
it serves as a great excuse for getting home late too.

Someone piped up at question time at our stamp club recently
wanting to know when someone was going to adjust the clock.
I was happily enjoying myself at 8:30pm, when it was really 9:30.
I had to rush home and apologise, and kneel to the wife.

Daylight Saving Time!
INMHO, FWIW, which is miniscule, Just a bunch of hogwash and serves no
useful purpose.
Here in the USA not all States fell into the DST system and in one
State part was DST and the other part not DST. This has been corrected
being that the Time Zone line was shifted a bit.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old December 6th 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

Daylight Saving Time!
INMHO, FWIW, which is miniscule, Just a bunch of hogwash and serves no
useful purpose.

I'm reminded of Craig Ferguson's observations at the close of this
season's Daylight Savings Time: "Don't *stop* it! It's the only
savings most Americans have left!"

Joshua McGee
who doesn't like typing his sig in Google Groups

RMS vs. HMS- DeserTBob a DUMB ASS once again duty-honor-country 8 Track Tapes 9 January 6th 07 07:10 PM
ebay posts coinagedude Coins 10 November 28th 04 04:39 PM
ED JACKSON 7 POSTS CARDSHOP 6 POSTS --NEW RULES????? Don B Baseball 0 April 30th 04 11:25 PM
Boy was I dumb! Ken Knapp Coins 13 April 2nd 04 09:47 PM
New posts on Ebay sinner General 0 August 12th 03 04:54 AM