McGuffey Readers

Old November 13th 04, 08:45 AM
Ging

Default McGuffey Readers

I have a few old McGuffey Readers. They have been packed in a musty
house for many years. Does anyone know how I can clean/refresh these
books. I would like to display them but the smell is just too much.
Old November 13th 04, 05:22 PM
Bob

"Art Layton" wrote in message
om...
(Ging) wrote in message

. com...
I have a few old McGuffey Readers. They have been packed in a musty
house for many years. Does anyone know how I can clean/refresh these
books. I would like to display them but the smell is just too much.

I have used Book Deodorizer (
www.bookdeodorizer.com) to rid books of
cigarette smoke smells. Should work for must smells.

Or you can use Bleachboy Palmjobs method and soak them in bleach!

Old November 15th 04, 05:19 AM
Ging

"Bob" wrote in message ...
"Art Layton" wrote in message
om...
(Ging) wrote in message

. com...
I have a few old McGuffey Readers. They have been packed in a musty
house for many years. Does anyone know how I can clean/refresh these
books. I would like to display them but the smell is just too much.

I have used Book Deodorizer (
www.bookdeodorizer.com) to rid books of
cigarette smoke smells. Should work for must smells.

Or you can use Bleachboy Palmjobs method and soak them in bleach!

I am not familiar with Bleachboy Palmjobs. What is it? When you say
soak in bleach....do you mean regular liquid bleach that you would use
in laundry?
It seems strange that you would soak paper in a liquid solution.
Please advise. This is all new to me.
Thanks
Old November 15th 04, 03:20 PM
MSOL

"Bob" wrote in message ...
"Art Layton" wrote in message
om...
(Ging) wrote in message

. com...
I have a few old McGuffey Readers. They have been packed in a musty
house for many years. Does anyone know how I can clean/refresh these
books. I would like to display them but the smell is just too much.

I have used Book Deodorizer (
www.bookdeodorizer.com) to rid books of
cigarette smoke smells. Should work for must smells.

Or you can use Bleachboy Palmjobs method and soak them in bleach!

Please desist from your sophomoric posts -- it's enough already!

Mark
Old November 15th 04, 03:23 PM
Alfred Armstrong

on 15 Nov 2004 in rec.collecting.books, Ging chanted thus:

"Bob" wrote in message
"Art Layton" wrote in message
om...
(Ging) wrote in message
. com...
I have a few old McGuffey Readers. They have been packed in a
musty house for many years. Does anyone know how I can
clean/refresh these books. I would like to display them but the
smell is just too much.

I have used Book Deodorizer (
www.bookdeodorizer.com) to rid books of
cigarette smoke smells. Should work for must smells.

Or you can use Bleachboy Palmjobs method and soak them in bleach!

I am not familiar with Bleachboy Palmjobs. What is it? When you say
soak in bleach....do you mean regular liquid bleach that you would use
in laundry?
It seems strange that you would soak paper in a liquid solution.
Please advise. This is all new to me.
Thanks

The bleach thing is a group in-joke. Ignore it.

--
Alfred Armstrong
Unusual books unmasked at http://www.oddbooks.com/
Old November 15th 04, 05:33 PM
Charles Fremont

That's correct, you just submerge the entire book in a tub of bleach. That
will deodorize and clean the books.