Walmart Grand Funk Railroad

Old July 4th 03, 07:04 PM
Mary Marshall Fowler

Default Walmart Grand Funk Railroad

Walmart
One of Jim's previous personal attendants (my husband, Jim Gonsalves, has a
disability) was working for Jim, working at Walmart and going to school to
get training in one of the nursing programs. She is a middle-aged now
single mom, works extremely hard, is motivated, etc. She was working in the
"Returns" department; that's rough!

I also have met janitors who were members of bands which hadn't made it big
yet. You never never know who is behind a cash register or behind a broom.
I did publicity for 1 of those bands in the late 1960s.

"Mary Marshall Fowler" wrote in message
Yesterday, 7/1/03, we saw Grand Funk Railroad at the Alameda County Fair

in
Pleasanton, California. Berkeley, Oakland, etc. are in Alameda County.

The
audience was very enthusiastic. We waited quite a while before a few band
members came out.

We got silver Sharpie autographs on a dark notes cover from the CD,

"Closer
to Home": Mel Schacher, bass, Tim Cashion, keyboard, and Bruce Kulick,

lead
guitar. I also took a photo of Mel with my husband, Jim Gonsalves. (It's
not a very good photo of Jim, but we didn't want to waste Mel's time

taking
multiple photos.) Jim also received autographs on the t-shirt he was
wearing. I'll scan that later.

This group is always nice to their fans. Playing at county fairs may not

be
the greatest venue. But the fans are extremely enthusiastic and do buy
GFR's CDs. It makes good business sense to be nice to the fans. But they
also seem quite sincere.
http://www.grandfunkrailroad.com
http://www.alamedacountyfair.com/
Photos are at: