Phew, that was close.

Old August 9th 05, 04:48 PM
note.boy

Default Phew, that was close.

I wasn't going to bid on this again but the nibbler 8645elizabeth made
me do it, why don't nibblers just bid their max and be done with it,
what's the point of six slowly rising bids?

It it less work, no.

Will they get it cheaper, no.

Does it may them look foolish, yes.

At the end she wasn't the underbidder anyway. Billy

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=8323024656

Old August 9th 05, 05:04 PM
Owen Linzmayer

Let's face it, a lot of people simply don't understand how eBay's proxy
bidding works, and as a result, they make a lot of tiny little bids. It's
stupid, but so is bidding in the first place.

I never bid on eBay; I _always_ either use Buy It Now or I snipe. Bidding
early just alerts competition to the fact that you've found something
undervalued and encourages others to bid against you.

Old August 10th 05, 06:55 PM
note.boy

I have a few examples with the plain G prefix but none with the G/number
prefix, they don't turn up very often. Billy

Scottishmoney wrote:

Not a bad price for this.

Old August 10th 05, 11:11 PM
www.numismatic.biz / www.worldwidecoins.co.uk

what grade is Tidy ?

yours

--
Michael @ www.worldwidecoins.co.uk
mirror site www.numismatic.biz

Old August 11th 05, 07:02 PM
note.boy

It's in-between very tidy and untidy. :-)

I'd much rather have an honest dirty and wrinkled note than a pressed and
cleaned dishonest one, there are a lot more of the latter than the former
on ebay. Billy

"www.numismatic.biz / www.worldwidecoins.co.uk" wrote:

what grade is Tidy ?

yours

Old August 11th 05, 11:18 PM
www.numismatic.biz / www.worldwidecoins.co.uk

Yes Billy

I've sold a few notes on ebay
for them to turn up again a lot cleaner and a higher grade

I never buy cleaned or pressed notes for my own personal collection
or to resell

yours

michael

Old August 12th 05, 07:14 PM
note.boy

When I asked one of my buyers where the dirt and wrinkles had got to on the
note they bought from me and had it listed on ebay he blamed his daughter.

That particular ebayer often improves notes and resells them on ebay. Billy