FA: Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

Old December 14th 05, 07:29 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Default Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

Tony Cooper wrote:
On 13 Dec 2005 17:04:21 -0800, wrote:

The art world is totally divided on the matter. You can check out
opinions from the other side at
http://www.artrenewal.org/

ROTFL!! Please.... a bunch on Ayn Rand devotees who run side business
as "ateliers" do not constitute half of the art world.

The word "atelier" means "workshop".

No Really????

The use of the word in this web
page means that ARC provides references to ateliers that art students
can attend. It is not, as you imply, a title assumed by the people.

Nor did I imply it. The business are run as "ateliers" in essence
conservative formally uncredited art schools.

the web page goes on to give information about the schools and
workshops available. I didn't read all of the descriptions, but it
does not seem that the workshops and schools are run by ARC people.

In which case you would be wrong. They are the population of supposed
"Art Experts" and "Living Masters" which the site promotes. Please
check your facts more thoroughly and avoid intentional misreadings
before posting.

Old December 14th 05, 08:41 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On 13 Dec 2005 22:29:51 -0800, wrote:

Tony Cooper wrote:
On 13 Dec 2005 17:04:21 -0800,
wrote:

The art world is totally divided on the matter. You can check out
opinions from the other side at
http://www.artrenewal.org/

ROTFL!! Please.... a bunch on Ayn Rand devotees who run side business
as "ateliers" do not constitute half of the art world.

The word "atelier" means "workshop".

No Really????

If you understood this, then you should have cast your sentence to
convey your understanding. Devotees who run business(es) as
ateliers... means they are functioning as ateliers. The difference is
in "as" instead of "of".

The use of the word in this web
page means that ARC provides references to ateliers that art students
can attend. It is not, as you imply, a title assumed by the people.

Nor did I imply it. The business are run as "ateliers" in essence
conservative formally uncredited art schools.

I'm sure you had a meaning in mind when you wrote this. It doesn't
come across. I think you are talking about "unaccredited" art
schools, but it's hard to tell.

If, as I'm beginning to suspect, English is not your first language,
then I apologize for criticizing your ill-formed attempts at
meaningful sentences. If English is your first language, then I urge
you to complete your GED program.

the web page goes on to give information about the schools and
workshops available. I didn't read all of the descriptions, but it
does not seem that the workshops and schools are run by ARC people.

In which case you would be wrong. They are the population of supposed
"Art Experts" and "Living Masters" which the site promotes. Please
check your facts more thoroughly and avoid intentional misreadings
before posting.

I checked. I stand by my comment.

Yes, the site does promote the workshops and other art training
programs, but they seem to be run independently of ARC.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old December 14th 05, 09:16 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Tony Cooper wrote:
On 13 Dec 2005 22:29:51 -0800, wrote:

Tony Cooper wrote:
On 13 Dec 2005 17:04:21 -0800,
wrote:

[...]

Ah if only grammer trolls or silly insults actually contributed to the
validity of ARC.

Unfortunately they do not and I stand by my comments as well.

They are the population of supposed "Art Experts" and "Living Masters"
which the site promotes.

As such they are truly bad art critics (or alternately banal painters)
with little to no recognition in established circles.

Old December 14th 05, 02:43 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

"Dan Fox" wrote in message
The art world is totally divided on the matter. You can check out
opinions from the other side at
http://www.artrenewal.org/

ROTFL!! Please.... a bunch on Ayn Rand devotees who run side business
as "ateliers" do not constitute half of the art world. Especially when
the majority of them post under multiple aliases.
As far as I know none has written published criticism in major
periodicals or books. (Leaving aside your own chimeral tome.)

And for good reason: 1) they are primarily propagandists and 2) don't
have the discipline to provide a reasoned argument for the importance
of the derivative pastiches that populate their "Living Masters"
gallery.

Exactly. The notion that 'the art world is divided on this' is the same
kind of argument christians give apropos evolution: 'scientists disagree
on
evolution.' The art renewal kooks are no more a part of the art world than
the creationists are a part of the scientific world.

The strange notion that legitimate art is limited to the realism of the
19th century french academy is laughable unless you're a janitor from Crib
Death, Iowa.

The art renewal website is a hoot to be sure, but my favorite sites are
the
ones that refute the theory of relativity and reformulate physics without
mathematics.

The strange notion that legitimate art is limited to the realism of the
19th century french academy is laughable unless you're a janitor from Crib
Death, Iowa.

I had not realised that anyone had tried to put up this view,
which on it's own, cannot stand.
The same goes of course for those who try to fix some sort of
justification for modernism merely on the existence of the same
brief French period. I have read a few tracts which in essence
seemed to me to rely upon this.

I can't recall the actual page, but in his introduction somewhere,
Gombrich (Art and Illusion) makes the point that a recognition of
skill is essential for understanding style and expression.
Which relates to one aspect of art which the French Academic
championed and Modernism tried so hard to ignore.
--
Thur

Old December 14th 05, 04:19 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

(Dan Fox) wrote:

The art renewal kooks are no more a part of the art world than
the creationists are a part of the scientific world.

One need only look at Fox's 1960 furniture store abstraction to see
who's a kook. It also pays to read his stuff on RAF to see that he is
a Modern Academic Art fundamentalist.

The strange notion that legitimate art is limited to the realism of the
19th century french academy is laughable unless you're a janitor from Crib
Death, Iowa.

The strange notion that the only legitimate art of the 20th century is
limited to the crap in the modern sections of museums is laughable
especially when you see mountains of Fox type wall covering all over
the net and in the painting racks of accredited schools run by people
who know even less than Fox..

The art renewal website is a hoot to be sure,

and a poke in the cerebral hemorrhoids for anyone like Fox who can't
draw and exhibits little more than post Kindergarten craft.

ARC at last shows the artwork of the past which was suppressed for
four generations and offers an alternative to the slanted art history
taught in "accredited" schools. Among other things it suggests
schools that offer an alternitive to those which teach a creed instead
of a craft.

Here one can see and compare the alternitive to Modern academic Art
and decide about it for one self. Before the advent of the net this
was not available.
Old December 14th 05, 06:29 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

ARC (http://www.artrenewal.org/) seems to be confused that a particular
style is "better" because it looks more photorealistic. It is
precisely because of the invention of the photograph that this style of
painting became less desirable... because they're expensive to
commission compared to a photograph. That doesn't mean people can't
still do it.

I argue that in fact, painting like the "old masters" is a very easily
learnable step-based progression of paint buildup on the canvas. It's
easier to erase mistakes, it's easier to blend away brushstrokes, and
it works well for creating that particular style of painting. However,
it is just a style, and it is not objectively better than any other
style. If I compare a landscape by Constable to a Rothko based on
realism, Rothko loses. If I compare them based on which one makes
better use of just a few color fields, then Constable loses. Just
because something takes longer doesn't make it better.

Just because something looks realistic doesn't mean that anything else
was created by untalented hacks. Those painters knew their market,
just like painters today do. Except for one thing: It may have been
much more difficult in the heyday of realistic painting to sell
anything else. That's why you see so few surviving examples of major
undertakings in any other style.

Previous to realistic paintings, the church only commissioned
UNrealistic works, because a realistic, human likeness was considered
blasphemous. It's not that medieval artists couldn't draw
realistically. Which would you rather do, burn at the stake or sell
tons of art and retire? That may have been the choice they faced.

wrote:
Tony Cooper wrote:
On 14 Dec 2005 00:16:12 -0800,
wrote:

Tony Cooper wrote:
On 13 Dec 2005 22:29:51 -0800,
wrote:

Ah if only grammer trolls or silly insults actually contributed to the
validity of ARC.

Unfortunately they do not and I stand by my comments as well.

They are the population of supposed "Art Experts" and "Living Masters"
which the site promotes.

As such they are truly bad art critics (or alternately banal painters)
with little to no recognition in established circles.

Seems like a still life of sour grapes. Whatsa matter, Sunshine, did
they reject your Draw Me matchbook cover?

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

Ah if only silly insults actually contributed to the validity of ARC.
They don't and I stand by my original comments.

Old December 15th 05, 04:18 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On 14 Dec 2005 09:29:18 -0800, "sir_haxalot"
wrote:

I argue that in fact, painting like the "old masters" is a very easily
learnable step-based progression of paint buildup on the canvas. It's
easier to erase mistakes, it's easier to blend away brushstrokes, and
it works well for creating that particular style of painting.

Modern Academic Art school mythology, its easy, sure! Its a good
excuse for those who teach without any knowledge of their craft. The
results are the armies of failures.

Like most Modern Academic art fundamentalists this guy imagines that
at present the only choice is between 19th century academic subject
matter and abstraction. Along with this he imagines the only abstract
art is the Modern Academic stuff in museums.

However,
it is just a style, and it is not objectively better than any other
style. If I compare a landscape by Constable to a Rothko based on
realism, Rothko loses.

and if you compare Rothko to an average horse blanket, Rothko loses.

If I compare them based on which one makes
better use of just a few color fields, then Constable loses. Just
because something takes longer doesn't make it better.

Previous to realistic paintings, the church only commissioned
UNrealistic works, because a realistic, human likeness was considered
blasphemous.

No, in the dark ages they couldn't do any better because the knowledge
was lost.

It's not that medieval artists couldn't draw
realistically.

They couldn't.

Which would you rather do, burn at the stake or sell
tons of art and retire? That may have been the choice they faced.

Nobody was ever burned for drawing realistically and if you know art
history you will know that the best minds in Europe made great efforts
over a long time to figure out how to paint realistically and nobody
complained about it.

Bet this guy's work looks even worse than Fox's
Old December 15th 05, 05:45 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting

2nd request -

Would you guys mind dropping the
crossposts from
alt.marketing.online.ebay.

It's obvious you're not involved in
the discussion there.

Craig

Star Trek cards for auctionne! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 September 27th 04 01:50 AM
NEW TRADE LIST Ray Morgan Basketball 0 January 20th 04 03:42 PM
FS - Football Singles The Dogger Football (US) 0 November 5th 03 01:04 AM
FS - Early 90's Football (Long List) LD Football (US) 0 October 16th 03 12:58 AM
CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM